New Fiverr Guidlines: We Can No Longer Proofread Term Paper

cyn_deann

Just as a warning to all Fiverr Proofreaders:

Today, I had a gig removed for “violating Fiverr’s guidelines.” When I explained that I do not write content and/or term papers, I was told that “proofreading term papers is no longer allowed” by the Fiverr Customer Support. So, if you are an editor, I recommend going through your gig(s) and stating that you can no longer proofread term papers so that they do not get removed.

I’ve seen people say their gigs were removed just for having the word “essay” in a FAQ that says “I cannot do work involving essays or school paper” (auto algorithm or something). If Fiverr is going to remove every editing gig just for NOT stating that they cannot do term papers I think that would be absurd; Fiverr itself should just put a bit of text on all editing gigs saying what is not allowed.

I just received an email stating that all editing gigs have to state that no academic work is allowed because, “as it is stated in Fiverr Terms and Conditions, no fraudulent work is allowed because unfortunately, students can misuse services to turn in work that is not their own.”

My thought is then: So, why not “target” gigs that state they will write papers? Honestly, this is just irritating considering how many students use Fiverr because they either are afraid to go to writing centers or don’t have access to one

I just received an email stating that all editing gigs have to state that no academic work is allowed because, “as it is stated in Fiverr Terms and Conditions, no fraudulent work is allowed because unfortunately, students can misuse services to turn in work that is not their own.”

My thought is then: So, why not “target” gigs that state they will write papers? Honestly, this is just irritating considering how many students use Fiverr because they either are afraid to go to writing centers or don’t have access to one

I would email Support and get a second opinion regarding having to state that you don’t accept academic work (in fact, I’ll do the same).

There’s no reason for sellers to have to re-state something that the TOS says.

Plus, I’ve avoided adding a “What I don’t do” section to my gigs for the reasons listed above. Fiverr’s bots will say a gig is in violation of the terms for just having certain words in it.

Archived