Mooch's Periodic "How you doin?" Thread. Now with more coffee

damooch916

In this sporadically occurring thread - I take a detectable break from my normal forum manner and ask (in a less creepy tone than demonstrated by emphasized text):

“How you doin?”

Tell me about your global domination plans… Your strange-to-mundane daily activities… Give that mouth gaping, dumb eye’d freak at work the bashing they have coming… tell me about your flirtations with the gruesomely young (yet legally appropriate) more charming than knowledgeable barista… tell me about your long term goal… or share that recipe you’ve been perfecting (mine is simple: You make one cup of coffee and add more cups and coffee).

Let’s share right here at the cool kids table. I totally saved you a seat.

The cool kid’s table! I always wanted to be a member there. Thanks for inviting me.

Well, Mooch, I added Sweden to my world domination list this weekend. As for recipes, I had tomatoes from the garden that were approaching their past prime state, so I tried a new recipe for tomato bread. It was a sweet bread and did not taste half bad, or half good depending on who was reviewing its flavor.

The cool kid’s table! I always wanted to be a member there. Thanks for inviting me.

Well, Mooch, I added Sweden to my world domination list this weekend. As for recipes, I had tomatoes from the garden that were approaching their past prime state, so I tried a new recipe for tomato bread. It was a sweet bread and did not taste half bad, or half good depending on who was reviewing its flavor.

Tomato bread?? That is intriguing. What did you put in it?

I always wanted to be a member there

Yes Vickie, it’s a well deserved homecoming. Something to the equivalent of an 80’s film where the reserved, yet respected, well-to-do girl finally gets accepted by the peer group she inadvertently alters for the better.

As per our recipe talk… I have ruined myself with k-cups. I recently returned to fresh ground coffee only to discover a horrible truth… I like K-cups better.

Let me explain… I operate on a high-octane, skull gnashing diet of 20 to 25 cups of coffee a day. I also average 4 to 6 espresso shots per day separate from my coffee. Surely this dedication to wound tight living would afford me a refined palate! Certainly my gumption is worth caffeinated aficionado status… or at the least, people can yell “NORM!!!” when I enter a Starbucks.

(Editors Note: Each mention of Starbucks or it’s affiliate companies is subject to trademark penalties and possible licensing fees. We will now refer to said company as “OvalMoose” to avoid any further complications).

Turns out, none of this is the case. I’m less cosmopolitan than when I began my coffee career. I actually enjoy the dribbled bitterness of OvalMoose coffee. I’ve become attached to the watered down plaster spewing from my keurig … and I quite enjoy the soulless mechanics of timed, machine made espresso.

Sooner than later I’ll be removed from the “Aspiring Great American Author” club and be forced to return my copy of “Thus Spoke Zarathustra” that only acts to sit unopened in the view of other consumers and positions to make me look like a meaningful thinker.

Not good man, not good. having the worst headache of my life with work backed-up. Can’t even find time to play the new Dark Souls DLC I bought on day one.
On a happier note, I tried blueberry cheesecake for the first time and it was frikkin delicious.

On 11/7/2017 at 12:10 PM, ssj1236 said:

having the worst headache of my life

This is going to sound like parody, but… have you tried more coffee? I’m being sincere. Caffeine is a major contributor to headache relief (and in some cases, with fervent or Mooch-like usage, the exact opposite). I’m no medical professional, but I routinely use coffee to remedy much of my house bound ailments. This may explain my children’s upbeat behavior during flu season. And there was that unfortunate incident when my wife suffered with a sprained ankle for months passed the normal healing time … coffee hasn’t any affect on injury apparently …but she smelled exquisite!

On 11/7/2017 at 12:36 PM, lilacpunch said:

I have a client whose organization is amazing.

It’s refreshing to hear a positive client story in today’s whirlwind of decimated gigs and vanished sellers. Positivism isn’t the rage this early afternoon, what with the 1001 “My gig was cancelled” threads currently taking place and all.

I have a client whose organization is amazing

It’s refreshing to hear a positive client story in today’s whirlwind of decimated gigs and vanished sellers. Positivism isn’t the rage this early afternoon, what with the 1001 “My gig was cancelled” threads currently taking place and all.

Positivism isn’t the rage this early afternoon

Existentialism is more common in the internet gig economy alas. “Why am I bothering? Is it really a waste of time?” In a world of ultra-low barriers to entry for sellers and very limited demand for labour, there will always be many broken hearts.

In this sporadically occurring thread - I take a detectable break from my normal forum manner and ask (in a less creepy tone than demonstrated by emphasized text):

“How you doin?”

Tell me about your global domination plans… Your strange-to-mundane daily activities… Give that mouth gaping, dumb eye’d freak at work the bashing they have coming… tell me about your flirtations with the gruesomely young (yet legally appropriate) more charming than knowledgeable barista… tell me about your long term goal… or share that recipe you’ve been perfecting (mine is simple: You make one cup of coffee and add more cups and coffee).

Let’s share right here at the cool kids table. I totally saved you a seat.

“How you doin?”

This reminds me of Joey Tribbiani from F.R.I.E.N.D.S 😁

On 11/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, david1082b said:

Existentialism is more common in the internet gig economy alas.

That isn’t the pontificating of existentialist ideas. That’s being bitch made.

On 11/7/2017 at 1:34 PM, designerthings said:

“How you doin?”

This reminds me of Joey Tribbiani from F.R.I.E.N.D.S 😁

I always hear Stallone… we all have a “go to.”

having the worst headache of my life

This is going to sound like parody, but… have you tried more coffee? I’m being sincere. Caffeine is a major contributor to headache relief (and in some cases, with fervent or Mooch-like usage, the exact opposite). I’m no medical professional, but I routinely use coffee to remedy much of my house bound ailments. This may explain my children’s upbeat behavior during flu season. And there was that unfortunate incident when my wife suffered with a sprained ankle for months passed the normal healing time … coffee hasn’t any affect on injury apparently …but she smelled exquisite!

Had green matcha tea, it calmed down somewhat. And bought more cake…cake should be classified as a drug.

I have a client whose organization is amazing

What you focus on is what you will receive! It is a privilege for this opportunity not a right. People confuse that sometimes.

It’s nice to be able to freelance and not have to take a job somewhere in my city. Better to relax at home with cancellations sometimes than have to face all kinds of weather and people that you can’t decline to serve.

Archived