Jump to content

I want to know about fiverr fees


coderakd
 Share

Recommended Posts

@jonbaas that’s 80% of REVENUE you get to keep, not profit. The fact that it’s a flat fee off the total income, not accounting for any costs, is pretty harsh.

that’s 80% of REVENUE you get to keep, not profit.

In this case, profit, revenue… same thing. You keep 80% of everything you make here on Fiverr, and Fiverr is entitled to keep the remaining 20%, according to the terms they have made abundantly clear within their Terms of Service.

The fact that it’s a flat fee off the total income, not accounting for any costs, is pretty harsh.

The 80% that you get to keep is not a “flat fee”. It’s a straight-up 80% of all of your Fiverr earnings. Any other advertising costs, marketing fees, etc are entirely your choice, and have nothing to do with the 80% you get to keep here on Fiverr.

I see nothing harsh about you keeping 80% of what you make, and Fiverr retaining 20%.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@jonbaas that’s 80% of REVENUE you get to keep, not profit. The fact that it’s a flat fee off the total income, not accounting for any costs, is pretty harsh.

A percentage is not a flat fee.

The 20% cut is not a loss if you price and scale your gigs correctly and you are savvy enough to get orders without having hustled for them. This negates the costs of time, energy and resources you normally pay for hustling in other types of freelancing, overriding the 20% cut.

I don’t understand why people join programs if they disagree with the terms.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Can anyone put light on this - when I set a fee at, let’s say, $50 - why does Fiverr list it as ‘$47.22’?!! :crazy_face:

As a consequence of whatever is leading to this deduction and because we have to use numbers from a fixed list, there doesn’t seem to be any way to post a ‘normal’ price like the aforementioned $50. :man_facepalming:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a seller, 20% of each order’s earnings go to Fiverr - it’s the fee you have to pay for using their platform and for letting them do the heavy promotion of the site along with all its sellers and services.

Also, the 20% fee is taken from Tips as well.

Nothing is hidden if you search the forum 😉 )

It is unbearable to know that they get 20 percent from a tip aswell. I mean that’s tip, as it is given by the buyer for the satisfactory work of the seller, nothing to do about the fiverr system. If you give tip in any restaurant does the owner gets it? No, never! This is absurd, I feel quite shaken by the fact. It is not fair at all.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A percentage is not a flat fee.

The 20% cut is not a loss if you price and scale your gigs correctly and you are savvy enough to get orders without having hustled for them. This negates the costs of time, energy and resources you normally pay for hustling in other types of freelancing, overriding the 20% cut.

I don’t understand why people join programs if they disagree with the terms.

It is unbearable to know that they get 20 percent from a tip aswell. I mean that’s tip, as it is given by the buyer for the satisfactory work of the seller, nothing to do about the fiverr system. If you give tip in any restaurant does the owner gets it? No, never! This is absurd, I feel quite shaken by the fact. It is not fair at all. Do you really think that it is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...