Screwed up my Response Rate Due to a Fiverr Bug

zeerathereptoid

I need help knowing where to go from here. I’ve been on Fiverr for about a month and only had a couple of gigs prior to this, and I just found out about an hour ago that I had a commission that was started days ago, and ended days ago. I received no notifications to my email or via the Fiverr app, and now my response rate is down to 67%. I have no clue where to do from here, as there’s no way this isn’t going to harm my ability to net commissions further on down the line. Where do I go from here, and how would I prevent this from happening again?

Also, is there a way in which I can give someone their commission for free? I feel really bad for potentially charging for a late commission like this, even if it isn’t my fault, and I don’t think the buyer should have to pay.

I assume by commission, you mean someone purchased your gig? Normally you will get notified on the app, the website and via email, so if you aren’t getting those notifications, perhaps double check your email is correct on the system. If I were a new seller like you, I would likely be checking the fiverr website at least once a day (if not 2-3 times a day) for new orders/messages.

As for your response rate - that is not to do with gigs, it is to do with answering messages. If you do not respond to messages within 24 hours, your reponse rate will go down. The only way to improve that is to answer each message on your fiverr inbox as quickly as you can - you would want to be doing that anyway as a new seller, to give yourself the best chance of getting sales.

In regards to the free commission (gig?) is this gig late? You can go to the resolution centre for the gig and request a time extension from your buyer, perhaps offer them something for free to make up for the delay. The only way to give it to them for free is to cancel the order, but that could mean your gig has a high cancellation rate, depending how many orders you have completed, so you may be best to offer something to your buyer to keep them happy instead.

Good luck!

I think you meant job, not commission. Did you deliver the job?

Either way, click on your icon (right corner on Fiverr.com), then click settings, then click notifications.

I have

Inbox Messages
Order Messages
Order Statuses

Checked for e-mail. So I get e-mails when I get messages. It’s annoying, but it beats visiting Fiverr just to see if you had an order. It also allows me to communicate with my clients via my smartphone (I have the Fiverr app).

Your response rate is important, but I don’t think it’s crucial. Fiverr measures lots of benchmarks so you know which areas you can improve.

I think you meant job, not commission. Did you deliver the job?

Either way, click on your icon (right corner on Fiverr.com), then click settings, then click notifications.

I have

Inbox Messages

Order Messages

Order Statuses

Checked for e-mail. So I get e-mails when I get messages. It’s annoying, but it beats visiting Fiverr just to see if you had an order. It also allows me to communicate with my clients via my smartphone (I have the Fiverr app).

Your response rate is important, but I don’t think it’s crucial. Fiverr measures lots of benchmarks so you know which areas you can improve.

s you ca

@sue_mcl

I’m responding of all the messages instantly and last 1 time was for over 1 hour but My response rate is 97%. that is not improving. I’m not understanding, How can I achieve 100% rate? Please, can you help me with your kind information where to improve?

Thanks

s you ca

@sue_mcl

I’m responding of all the messages instantly and last 1 time was for over 1 hour but My response rate is 97%. that is not improving. I’m not understanding, How can I achieve 100% rate? Please, can you help me with your kind information where to improve?

Thanks

These rates change over time. I was getting a lot of spam, including the one you can’t respond unless you click the thing that makes it possible to respond. That lowered my response rate.

Now I’m at 100%. Either way, I would worry more about how long it takes you to respond. The longer you wait, the more likely the buyer will hire someone else if he’s impatient.

And I recommend you focus on your order completion rate.

Archived