The Lies Never END!

ssj1236

Everyone remember when Customer Support used to tell us that if an order that hasn’t started gets canceled it doesn’t affect your gig ranking? Well, someone placed a big order a few months ago and decided today to cancel it resulting in my gig drastically dropping in ranking, like 5 whole pages. Again, this order didn’t even start! Lord is this frustrating.

Anyone else ever have a similar experience? Will the gig ever bounce back? Am I the only one that thinks this is downright stupid?

Of course it’s not fair to penalize your gig for something like this.

This cancellation policy needs to change to be more fair. In the case you mentioned it’s obviously wrong. I’m not sure if or when it will bounce back. Hopefully in a couple of months at the most it will.

I’m curious about how it was cancelled if it never started?

Of course it’s not fair to penalize your gig for something like this.

This cancellation policy needs to change to be more fair. In the case you mentioned it’s obviously wrong. I’m not sure if or when it will bounce back. Hopefully in a couple of months at the most it will.

I’m curious about how it was cancelled if it never started?

The damage is already done, I got only one incomplete order left and sadly it’s a big one for the same gig. The worse part is that it feels like I’m being punished for something I have no control over 😦

The guy sent me a cancellation request after a year without even starting the order saying “don’t need it”…

The damage is already done, I got only one incomplete order left and sadly it’s a big one for the same gig. The worse part is that it feels like I’m being punished for something I have no control over 😦

The guy sent me a cancellation request after a year without even starting the order saying “don’t need it”…

Well you can’t cancel an order that hasn’t started. He would have to go through customer support.

@selfors It’s terrible all right! But it’s not about some lunatic, which was disappointing.

Probably gonna run an ad and get some reviews and see if it bounces back. Otherwise, I think I’ll finally jump categories and start selling custom website designs or something like that.

Probably gonna run an ad and get some reviews and see if it bounces back. Otherwise, I think I’ll finally jump categories and start selling custom website designs or something like that.

selling custom website designs or something like that.

A really good reliable designer can do very very well here. Not a lot of competition if you are professional and good. You can make a gig for it and see what happens while you keep your old gigs.

selling custom website designs or something like that.

A really good reliable designer can do very very well here. Not a lot of competition if you are professional and good. You can make a gig for it and see what happens while you keep your old gigs.

Yeah, probably will. Getting that off the ground is going to take a lot of effort. I’ll probably have to bring my social media clients to Fiverr which is why I’m kinda waiting for certain things to fall in place.

Yeah, probably will. Getting that off the ground is going to take a lot of effort. I’ll probably have to bring my social media clients to Fiverr which is why I’m kinda waiting for certain things to fall in place.

I’m not sure it would be hard to get off the ground if you price it low at first to get a few examples to show.

And there are no top rated sellers who make websites. The field is wide open here.

I’m not sure it would be hard to get off the ground if you price it low at first to get a few examples to show.

And there are no top rated sellers who make websites. The field is wide open here.

Oh no, I meant financially. I can’t afford to neglect my current gigs so I’ll have to shut one down before I can make a new one. If I;m gonna do something, I ain’t gonna half-ass it. Probably will start by next month, hopefully, my brother will be able to land a job in the meantime.

Everyone remember when Customer Support used to tell us that if an order that hasn’t started gets canceled it doesn’t affect your gig ranking? Well, someone placed a big order a few months ago and decided today to cancel it resulting in my gig drastically dropping in ranking, like 5 whole pages. Again, this order didn’t even start! Lord is this frustrating.

Anyone else ever have a similar experience? Will the gig ever bounce back? Am I the only one that thinks this is downright stupid?

Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

I just cancelled a $1,900 order and no impact. Sorry you got bit. Now that I said that I’m sure CS will kick my ass to the 5th page.

Anyone else ever have a similar experience?

I just cancelled a $1,900 order and no impact. Sorry you got bit. Now that I said that I’m sure CS will kick my ass to the 5th page.

I just cancelled a $1,900 order and no impact.

How long ago did you cancel it? Give it a day or two. I hope you report back tomorrow and let me know.

Why did you cancel it? What reason did you give to fiverr?

My spidey sense went off so I recorded the first 3 sentences and sent them given the size of the order, I said, here’s what it will sound like. The buyer picked apart several different things in just 3 sentences about pauses and breaths. So I wrote back and said that’s my style. Most people hire because they want my style. If we go forward, I think we are going to spend a month in revision. He appreciated my offer to cancel and shop for another seller.

I told fiverr that I could not complete to his requirements.

My spidey sense went off so I recorded the first 3 sentences and sent them given the size of the order, I said, here’s what it will sound like. The buyer picked apart several different things in just 3 sentences about pauses and breaths. So I wrote back and said that’s my style. Most people hire because they want my style. If we go forward, I think we are going to spend a month in revision. He appreciated my offer to cancel and shop for another seller.

Did you go through customer support to cancel it?

I was happy to let him go and shop for someone else. Just chemistry sometimes, right?

Not at all. shhhhhhhhhhhh

No, actually just had my best month ever in October.

I wonder if we give the algo’s voo-doo much more credit than it deserves. I think it looks for patterns. Like cancelling a lot of stuff, or getting a bunch of negative reviews, etc…

How many cancellations a month do you have on average?

Probably only 4 or 5, but I did sweat that one cause of the dollar amount. But I could always argue to fiverr that I walked on a big order to allow him to shop for another seller because I value customer service.

Archived