Payoneer Freelancer Income Survey

eoinfinnegan

Yes, very low rates in many cases.

Payoneer, I believe, is extremely popular in poorer countries, especially where PayPal is not available or has high fees. The Payoneer card is also widely used by those without bank accounts which would point towards lower income groups.

In addition, it is used a lot by part time freelancers who have been included in the survey. Finally, Payoneer has never really marketed itself aside from cash incentives for sign ups which tends to attract lower income groups.

As Miss C said, you could easily treble the rates for a lot of those in Europe and the US.

I think this is more of promotional stuff - Payoneer trying to endear itself to its existing customers as well as seeking to woo others with this ‘survey finds’. I am a Payoneer subscriber but there’s no time Payoneer requested for details on my niche or type of services I provide. They could of course obtain that directly from the freelance sites. Furthermore, I’d never done hourly rate jobs on any of my freelance sites. Fiverr doesn’t do hourly rates (I may not be correct though). How does ‘hourly rate’ which is not popular, rather than ‘average earning’ become the index for this kind of survey? The rate for ‘graphic design’ is low as observed and it has nothing to do with freelancers from poor/rich countries. Bid prices are not generally a function of the freelancer’s origin. It’s more of the volume of work involved as well as the expertise required. In all, Payoneer’s report is just what it is - food for thought.

I think this is more of promotional stuff - Payoneer trying to endear itself to its existing customers as well as seeking to woo others with this ‘survey finds’. I am a Payoneer subscriber but there’s no time Payoneer requested for details on my niche or type of services I provide. They could of course obtain that directly from the freelance sites. Furthermore, I’d never done hourly rate jobs on any of my freelance sites. Fiverr doesn’t do hourly rates (I may not be correct though). How does ‘hourly rate’ which is not popular, rather than ‘average earning’ become the index for this kind of survey? The rate for ‘graphic design’ is low as observed and it has nothing to do with freelancers from poor/rich countries. Bid prices are not generally a function of the freelancer’s origin. It’s more of the volume of work involved as well as the expertise required. In all, Payoneer’s report is just what it is - food for thought.

I dunno, I mean calculating hourly rate would be pretty easy.

“How much do you earn per month?”

"How many hours do you work per month?"

Hourly rate = …

Personally I think hourly earnings are a great indicator as it levels the differences between full time, part time, workaholic, hobbyist etc. Of course the survey is too broad to take definitive answers from but it does give some indicators, particularly when it comes to the rates:age ratio and similar stats.

The rate for ‘graphic design’ is low as observed and it has nothing to do with freelancers from poor/rich countries

Why do you say that? What is it due to then?

I dunno, I mean calculating hourly rate would be pretty easy.

“How much do you earn per month?”

"How many hours do you work per month?"

Hourly rate = …

Personally I think hourly earnings are a great indicator as it levels the differences between full time, part time, workaholic, hobbyist etc. Of course the survey is too broad to take definitive answers from but it does give some indicators, particularly when it comes to the rates:age ratio and similar stats.

The rate for ‘graphic design’ is low as observed and it has nothing to do with freelancers from poor/rich countries

Why do you say that? What is it due to then?

Hourly rate and whats considered your income are two different things for many of us though.

My hourly rate is around 30 and my hourly income is around 14 so in pocketing around 11

Hourly rate and whats considered your income are two different things for many of us though.

My hourly rate is around 30 and my hourly income is around 14 so in pocketing around 11

True.

I found it interesting in the full survey that the legal field which has the highest hourly rate, also spends most time seeking work, which is unpaid of course.

Also worth considering is that some would consider social media, networking etc as part of their work where others would not.

True.

I found it interesting in the full survey that the legal field which has the highest hourly rate, also spends most time seeking work, which is unpaid of course.

Also worth considering is that some would consider social media, networking etc as part of their work where others would not.

Everything you have to do in order to stay in business should be considered work. Even if we cant charge clients for everything we still need to cover it somehow.

Archived