Payoneer Freelancer Income Survey

eoinfinnegan

The following are a few interesting parts of the Payoneer Freelancer Income Survey carried out recently.
It should be noted that this was made up of 21,000 freelancers who use Payoneer.

Interesting stats on average hourly rates per sector:

image.png.c71f22a9b2b17a5f7e36dfe7ce242e70.png

Some good news for those who are 60+ too!

image.png.38276881d3d0c8e736958f2eebc57925.png

Surprising results when it comes to education levels -

@youssefkamel @braden10collins I dont care what it says, you are going to University!
image.png.c0adaff8d868a1c1e07bd75d1e932e60.png

And the importance of freelance platforms is clear:

image.png.7b95c180efd4d402cd9f293df56a3570.png

😭 I fed up of school already.

I love those stats by the way!

You love them because . . .

I am fed up with winter and it is less than a day old. ❄️ Here we got our first heavy snow today. Which means I do not want to travel out to the schools to sub even though I love the High School students. Sorry about your school year. When does it end? When do you graduate?

You love them because . . .

I am fed up with winter and it is less than a day old. ❄️ Here we got our first heavy snow today. Which means I do not want to travel out to the schools to sub even though I love the High School students. Sorry about your school year. When does it end? When do you graduate?

I actually love them because my father is near of retirement. And since he’s a workaholic, introducing him to freelancing will be a great way to fill his free time, I believe.

My school year ends after 7 months from now & I will graduate after 3 years. Unfortunately, the learning system in Egypt is one of the worst. So waking up 7Am to waste 7 hours of your day on something which isn’t going to help in the future is just killing me! (Except some subjects.)

I never saw snow before :thinking:

I read the study and found it quite interesting, but the hourly rates appear very low, which I realize is mainly caused by averaging across developing economies in addition to the higher-paying US / Euro-centric ones. I would like to have seen a breakdown by region. Still good food for thought though.

I actually love them because my father is near of retirement. And since he’s a workaholic, introducing him to freelancing will be a great way to fill his free time, I believe.

My school year ends after 7 months from now & I will graduate after 3 years. Unfortunately, the learning system in Egypt is one of the worst. So waking up 7Am to waste 7 hours of your day on something which isn’t going to help in the future is just killing me! (Except some subjects.)

I never saw snow before :thinking:

Good idea about getting your father to freelance. Just show him these statistics.

That is my car out there. I need to sweep it off before I can go anywhere. However, first I have to plod through the snow to get there.

image.jpg.b5f362f9223b153dbaaf6b30a2a1af12.jpg

Good idea about getting your father to freelance. Just show him these statistics.

That is my car out there. I need to sweep it off before I can go anywhere. However, first I have to plod through the snow to get there.

Oh gosh, this looks painful! ☃️ Doing that everyday to go anywhere is something ain’t interesting at all.

I read the study and found it quite interesting, but the hourly rates appear very low, which I realize is mainly caused by averaging across developing economies in addition to the higher-paying US / Euro-centric ones. I would like to have seen a breakdown by region. Still good food for thought though.

but the hourly rates appear very low

I agree! What lawyer is working for $30 an hour? Nowhere in the US. Those figures are much lower than if you used the US average. Designers with experience earn three times those figures.

Yes, very low rates in many cases.

Payoneer, I believe, is extremely popular in poorer countries, especially where PayPal is not available or has high fees. The Payoneer card is also widely used by those without bank accounts which would point towards lower income groups.

In addition, it is used a lot by part time freelancers who have been included in the survey. Finally, Payoneer has never really marketed itself aside from cash incentives for sign ups which tends to attract lower income groups.

As Miss C said, you could easily treble the rates for a lot of those in Europe and the US.

Payoneer, I believe, is extremely popular in poorer countries, especially where PayPal is not available or has high fees. The Payoneer card is also widely used by those without bank accounts which would point towards lower income groups.

In addition, it is used a lot by part time freelancers who have been included in the survey. Finally, Payoneer has never really marketed itself aside from cash incentives for sign ups which tends to attract lower income groups.

As Miss C said, you could easily treble the rates for a lot of those in Europe and the US.

So do you think Paypal’s report would look different?

It’s not as comprehensive, but Hello Bonai is an invoicing platform for freelancers and they share rates for specific skillsets in developed countries.

58868bcd2ef4daaf0f072927_favicon-32x32.jpghellobonsai.com
58ab8ef344090871159a14ff_social-share-rates.png

Freelance Rates Explorer - Bonsai

Visualize freelance hourly rates for the most common freelance design and development skills including graphic design, front-end development, UI design or mobile development.

SORRY FOR BEING A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY AND NOT HAVING PAYPAL >_<

P.S

The majority of Freelancers I know surprisingly use Western Union or direct deposit.

You wouldn’t be if you lived in this country. There you have all you need plus an excess.

You are right to an extent…[i mean, if I had a family/dependents/debt/rent to pay I wouldn’t be so smug even in India.] [i just want to make the point that it’s not just how much you earn, but how much you spend, how much you save and how you invest that matters. Just focusing on one aspect - earnings - as most people do, is short-sighted. Not just talking about freelancers or freelance income, but in general.]

SORRY FOR BEING A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY AND NOT HAVING PAYPAL >_<

P.S

The majority of Freelancers I know surprisingly use Western Union or direct deposit.

SORRY FOR BEING A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY

Here’s the truth - it doesn’t matter which country you’re from, first world or third world, it doesn’t matter how bad or how good your economy is, it doesn’t matter whether your country is rich or poor -it’s your mindset that matters. If you have a success mindset, you will be successful anywhere. If you have a failure mindset you will be a failure anywhere. Don’t try to change your country, change your mindset. [Not talking about you specifically SSJ, just a general comment, or meaningless platitude as someone calls it.] [i am not the best example for earnings here, my earnings are mediocre, but I know sellers from third world countries such as Cambodia, Vietnam etc. who make $6,000+/month. They have the success mindset. As a matter of fact, I know there is one very humble seller from Pakistan who makes that kind of money.]

Archived