How many language you know?

alone4ever

Good to know, thanks! 🙂

Is it hard to learn Arabic?

I read before a while that the hardest languages to learn without order Arabic, Japanese, Chinese.

However it depends on the native speakers, I mean some languages are hard for English native speakers but other languages are pretty easy for Arabic native speakers and goes on.

Anyhow yeah Arabic is hard language to learn somehow, but reading is the easiest and speaking.

But writing is pretty hard.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mathswriter

I speak English, Irish and French, learning Italian and still have some German from school. I love learning languages, particularly the Romance languages, and I definitely second the suggestion of using Duolingo. It’s a great app and a very easy way to get started.

I speak English, Russian and Italian but my native is Serbian. I can translate them very successfully. Also, I learn Franch language and Spanish. I found great application for learning languages if you want I can share that with you in the inbox.

You learnt these languages by yourself?

Yeah please kindly share it 😄

I read before a while that the hardest languages to learn without order Arabic, Japanese, Chinese.

However it depends on the native speakers, I mean some languages are hard for English native speakers but other languages are pretty easy for Arabic native speakers and goes on.

Anyhow yeah Arabic is hard language to learn somehow, but reading is the easiest and speaking.

But writing is pretty hard.

Yeah, my native language isn’t English, but it’s Macedonian. Learning basic English wasn’t a problem for me. I guess you can “blame” Boomerang and Cartoon Network, as that helped me learn a lot.

Good to know, thanks! 🙂

I have learnt arabic.

To be honest it’s hard for me to speak with someone in arabic because I study during 3-4 months then I don’t open my books during 1 year… So it’s difficult for me to memorise !

I think arabic is not difficult. You must learn 26 letters and then you don’t have any problem with the writting because everything you hear is a letter. If you hear correctly you won’t make spelling mistakes.

Then, arabic is a very strict language. When there is a rule, just follow the rule ! In comparison : in french we have many grammar rules but we have thousands of exceptions to these rules 😦 That’s why even french people make lots of mistakes.

In arabic you can’t make so many mistakes.

To learn the vocabulary, it’s really simple because there are “roots” and each word of this family uses the same root.

For example, the root of “write” is KTB. Every words of the same family (writer, library, book shop, application, secretaire…) will use KTB + some letters before, in the middle or at the end. That’s strange… but that makes really simple to guess the meaning of a word you have never seen before !

I have learnt arabic.

To be honest it’s hard for me to speak with someone in arabic because I study during 3-4 months then I don’t open my books during 1 year… So it’s difficult for me to memorise !

I think arabic is not difficult. You must learn 26 letters and then you don’t have any problem with the writting because everything you hear is a letter. If you hear correctly you won’t make spelling mistakes.

Then, arabic is a very strict language. When there is a rule, just follow the rule ! In comparison : in french we have many grammar rules but we have thousands of exceptions to these rules 😦 That’s why even french people make lots of mistakes.

In arabic you can’t make so many mistakes.

To learn the vocabulary, it’s really simple because there are “roots” and each word of this family uses the same root.

For example, the root of “write” is KTB. Every words of the same family (writer, library, book shop, application, secretaire…) will use KTB + some letters before, in the middle or at the end. That’s strange… but that makes really simple to guess the meaning of a word you have never seen before !

I totally respect your opinion but I don’t agree with it somehow, maybe it is easy for you but for majority isn’t especially grammar anyhow I used to teach Arabic for non native speaker.

Maybe isn’t that difficult but isn’t that easy too, it depends on individual differences.

However did you saw “Arabic grammar” because we as Arabian people find it difficult actually!

I agree with that.

arabic is a very strict language.

@gig_freak

And what make Arabic somehow difficult that the writing Arabic is different from spoken (like I heard once a quote and it is “the only language that you write but don’t speak is Arabic”).

Check out this link for more information: How hard is it to learn Arabic?

Yeah, my native language isn’t English, but it’s Macedonian. Learning basic English wasn’t a problem for me. I guess you can “blame” Boomerang and Cartoon Network, as that helped me learn a lot.

Spoken Arabic and written Arabic isn’t similar as English, because I used to learn English via movies and series.

But when it comes to Arabic you can’t depend on this way because there is a lot of dialect and almost all the movies are Egyptian.

Spoken Arabic and written Arabic isn’t similar as English, because I used to learn English via movies and series.

But when it comes to Arabic you can’t depend on this way because there is a lot of dialect and almost all the movies are Egyptian.

I used to learn English via movies and series.

I learnt arabic watching arabic cooking shows (then, learnt at school) 😉

I totally respect your opinion but I don’t agree with it somehow, maybe it is easy for you but for majority isn’t especially grammar anyhow I used to teach Arabic for non native speaker.

Maybe isn’t that difficult but isn’t that easy too, it depends on individual differences.

However did you saw “Arabic grammar” because we as Arabian people find it difficult actually!

I agree with that.

arabic is a very strict language.

@gig_freak

And what make Arabic somehow difficult that the writing Arabic is different from spoken (like I heard once a quote and it is “the only language that you write but don’t speak is Arabic”).

Check out this link for more information: How hard is it to learn Arabic?

did you saw “Arabic grammar” because we as Arabian people find it difficult actually!

Yes. I have passed a 2 year university degree and I had grammar class.

I found arabic grammar really much easy and understable than the french grammar my little cousin of 6 years old is studying this year. Arabic is something very logic. There are rules and very few exceptions. In other languages there are more exceptions than rules !

I used to learn English via movies and series.

I learnt arabic watching arabic cooking shows (then, learnt at school) 😉

Well teachers teach us English from age 6 till 18 so for sure we will know some English, but I’m not good because of that actually but because of learning by myself.

However I still respect your opinion and as I said before it depends on the person.

And do you know the proverb "أعط الخبز لخبازه ولو أكل نصفه ", the literal meaning of it is give the bread to the baker even if he eats half of it. 🙂

• 4 months later...

Archived