⏰ Time for fun! 🎲 🎉

vickiespencer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh. Since this thread is extremely active at the moment, I’ll toss three statements into the mix, and we’ll see who picks the lie first. Enjoy!

1. I met a man who’s brother was a Secretary on the U.S Presidential Cabinet.
  2. I met Levar Burton, and talked to him about “Reading Rainbow”.
  3. I shook Barack Obama’s hand while he was giving a speech at a campaign event.

Jon I don’t know who the other person is so I will guess number 2 is the lie.

Eh. Since this thread is extremely active at the moment, I’ll toss three statements into the mix, and we’ll see who picks the lie first. Enjoy!

3. I shook Barack Obama’s hand while he was giving a speech at a campaign event.

I met a man who’s brother was a Secretary on the U.S Presidential Cabinet.

I think this is Jon’s lie. Reading Rainbow is too fun not to be true, and Barack- why not? He shakes lots of hands even now!

No one has yet guessed my lie, by the way. 🙂

MissC - I would have been surprised if you had a plane but I’m not surprised you are related to thhe much-missed Obama. I don’t know why, I’m just not! 🙂

I met a man who’s brother was a Secretary on the U.S Presidential Cabinet.

I think this is Jon’s lie. Reading Rainbow is too fun not to be true, and Barack- why not? He shakes lots of hands even now!

No one has yet guessed my lie, by the way. 🙂

MissC - I would have been surprised if you had a plane but I’m not surprised you are related to thhe much-missed Obama. I don’t know why, I’m just not! 🙂

I wish I owned a plane. I’ve taken flying lessons and can take off and land small ones.

I wish I owned a plane. I’ve taken flying lessons and can take off and land small ones.

I wish I knew someone who owned a plane and was a doctor who could prescribe me lots of sedatives while they flew me to neato places. A cup of coffee and I could be a tourist! I don’t fly well anymore but I would like to go places fast (and asleep.) I hope you get a plane someday - you never know!

I wish I knew someone who owned a plane and was a doctor who could prescribe me lots of sedatives while they flew me to neato places. A cup of coffee and I could be a tourist! I don’t fly well anymore but I would like to go places fast (and asleep.) I hope you get a plane someday - you never know!

@fonthaunt At least you are a horse owner! I can’t express how much I love horses. ❤️

@fonthaunt At least you are a horse owner! I can’t express how much I love horses. ❤️

At least you are a horse owner! I can’t express how much I love horses.

They are wonderful, aren’t they? I don’t have any now though I wish I did. It’s not too expensive in Texas if you have some land a free horse (easy to get) but I don’t have land. My first one was an albino with a palomino baby and I also bought a bay mare once that was already pregnant, so I’ve had two newborns. I bought 2 weanlings as well, a mule and a horse, both less than 4 months old. Besides that I’ve probably owned perhaps 8-9 adult horses.

Since I can’t have a horse right now I am looking into a local program where I might be able to ride and work with a therapist. I hope it works out! If so, I’ll post a pic.

At least you are a horse owner! I can’t express how much I love horses.

They are wonderful, aren’t they? I don’t have any now though I wish I did. It’s not too expensive in Texas if you have some land a free horse (easy to get) but I don’t have land. My first one was an albino with a palomino baby and I also bought a bay mare once that was already pregnant, so I’ve had two newborns. I bought 2 weanlings as well, a mule and a horse, both less than 4 months old. Besides that I’ve probably owned perhaps 8-9 adult horses.

Since I can’t have a horse right now I am looking into a local program where I might be able to ride and work with a therapist. I hope it works out! If so, I’ll post a pic.

I also love mules very much since riding a few when I was out west in the mountains.

I’ve been thrown more than a few times but still love riding. Once you become close to a horse you really know what two way devotion means.

I also love mules very much since riding a few when I was out west in the mountains.

I’ve been thrown more than a few times but still love riding. Once you become close to a horse you really know what two way devotion means.

Oh gosh yes, it’s amazing. I’ve been thrown or kicked here and there, usually because I did something dumb. I broke some bones during those youthful crazy-rides but mostly just a bruise or bump. Ok, now, back to the game. Since some people did a random extra, here’s another two truths and lie for me. Someone else go again before I have to go to bed, this is fun.

1.) I once met Ellen Degeneres.

2.) I held a live tiger in my lap.

3.) I’ve been with my current significant other for 21 years this November.

Oh gosh yes, it’s amazing. I’ve been thrown or kicked here and there, usually because I did something dumb. I broke some bones during those youthful crazy-rides but mostly just a bruise or bump. Ok, now, back to the game. Since some people did a random extra, here’s another two truths and lie for me. Someone else go again before I have to go to bed, this is fun.

I’m guessing number 1 is the lie.

I don’t like to go outside.

I don’t care about Fiverr ToS

I don’t go to school

So, clearly you don’t go outside becaues your in here typing with everyone us.

You don’t care about Fiverr ToS since you broke that MAJOR rule.

So, the lie must be that you don’t go to school. 😜

So, clearly you don’t go outside becaues your in here typing with everyone us.

You don’t care about Fiverr ToS since you broke that MAJOR rule.

Oh, no 🙁 You are wrong …

I am SO jealous!!

Congrats!!

Oh, no 🙁 You are wrong …

Oh, no 🙁 You are wrong …

Ok, then, you LOVE the outside and go there 99% of the time. Hehe. The truth is still clearly about ToS.

I am SO jealous!!

It was cool but scarier than I expected. It was just a few months old and nursing a bottle but still had talons curled around my bare arm. The organization was selling photos with the rescue Tigers to raise money but they had to stop after an incident. Good thing I got my chance and didn’t get hurt! (Thanks for Congrats. 💟)

Ok- I’m going to TRY to go 😴 I still blame Vickie for this.

Oh, no 🙁 You are wrong …

Ok, then, you LOVE the outside and go there 99% of the time. Hehe. The truth is still clearly about ToS.

I am SO jealous!!

It was cool but scarier than I expected. It was just a few months old and nursing a bottle but still had talons curled around my bare arm. The organization was selling photos with the rescue Tigers to raise money but they had to stop after an incident. Good thing I got my chance and didn’t get hurt! (Thanks for Congrats. 💟)

Ok- I’m going to TRY to go 😴 I still blame Vickie for this.

The truth is still clearly about ToS.

giphy.gif.5e917c2aab777e63e4b641c795026ceb.gif

(In response to me meeting the brother of a Secretary on the U.S. Presidential Cabinet): "I think this is Jon’s lie. “Reading Rainbow is too fun not to be true, and Barack- why not? He shakes lots of hands even now!”

Actually, this is true. I met Ed Thompson (now deceased) back in 2002 while he was running for Governor of Wisconsin. His older brother, Tommy Thompson, was the United States Secretary of Human Health and Services at the time (under President George W. Bush). Tommy Thompson also has the distinction of being a former governor of Wisconsin, years earlier – the longest-serving governor in Wisconsin state history, in fact.

So, yep. 100% true.

“Jon I don’t know who the other person is so I will guess number 2 is the lie.”

Interestingly enough, this is also true. I met Levar Burton in person at a Star Trek convention. My wife is a Kindergarten teacher, and, while she is not a Star Trek fan as I am, she went with me to the convention. We met up with Levar, and he, being a major advocate for children reading books (related to his hosting of the television show, “Reading Rainbow”), he talked with us for a bit – just the three of us (me, my wife, and Levar) – about “Reading Rainbow”, and children’s education. I found that fascinating (in addition to my appreciation for him playing the Star Trek TNG role of Geordi La Forge), but Levar’s education background made my teacher wife’s day!

So, yes, yet another remarkable fact in the life of Jon. 😉

(In response to Barack Obama claim): “I’m thinking perhaps not. (security n’ all)”

Ding, ding, we have a winner! I have not shaken former President Barack Obama’s hand. He did shake hands as President, just not mine.

But, to be honest, I’m 100% okay with that. 😉

Archived