Tell me what stresses you out?

mojotherapy

Hello @vickiespencer and thank for your reply. What a difficult quandary you find yourself in. It sounds like you are really tuned in to your own stress levels and can recognise when the pace is having an adverse effect on your health. I sense the dread in your voice as winter looms and you are anticipating how difficult it will be to venture out in the cold mornings. Despite it almost killing you, it sounds as though teaching has become a comfort blanket for you. It’s what you know and in some respects what you ‘are’.
It’s tough to plunge into the uncertainty of freelancing when there is no guarantee and I wonder what stops you from thinking you could make it work if you dedicated all of your time to it?
It might be worth writing down what your worst case scenario might be if you worked as a freelancer. And what you would do if that arose?
Wishing you all the best and hugs from freezing Scotland! 😂
Lee

Hello @vickiespencer and thank for your reply. What a difficult quandary you find yourself in. It sounds like you are really tuned in to your own stress levels and can recognise when the pace is having an adverse effect on your health. I sense the dread in your voice as winter looms and you are anticipating how difficult it will be to venture out in the cold mornings. Despite it almost killing you, it sounds as though teaching has become a comfort blanket for you. It’s what you know and in some respects what you ‘are’.

It’s tough to plunge into the uncertainty of freelancing when there is no guarantee and I wonder what stops you from thinking you could make it work if you dedicated all of your time to it?

It might be worth writing down what your worst case scenario might be if you worked as a freelancer. And what you would do if that arose?

Wishing you all the best and hugs from freezing Scotland! 😂

Lee

Being a full-time teacher with all that entailed, correcting homework, preparing grades, being evaluated, staff meetings, parent conferences was what was killing me. The time spent in the classroom was where I loved to be. So with subbing, I get to be where I enjoy being and who I enjoy being with. After four years, I have developed relationships with kids, teaching staff and support staff. I get plenty of hugs and smiles each day I sub. The kids even thank me for being there. However, getting up in the dark, sweeping off my car of snow because I do not have a garage, and venturing out into the dark morning is what I do not like. As for Fiveer, I have been here since July, and because of other Forum user friends, I am learning how to improve my gigs. So hopefully my ten sales will grow soon, and I can spend winter in my cozy home. Once I am up out the door, and at school, I enjoy my time at school.

Being a full-time teacher with all that entailed, correcting homework, preparing grades, being evaluated, staff meetings, parent conferences was what was killing me. The time spent in the classroom was where I loved to be. So with subbing, I get to be where I enjoy being and who I enjoy being with. After four years, I have developed relationships with kids, teaching staff and support staff. I get plenty of hugs and smiles each day I sub. The kids even thank me for being there. However, getting up in the dark, sweeping off my car of snow because I do not have a garage, and venturing out into the dark morning is what I do not like. As for Fiveer, I have been here since July, and because of other Forum user friends, I am learning how to improve my gigs. So hopefully my ten sales will grow soon, and I can spend winter in my cozy home. Once I am up out the door, and at school, I enjoy my time at school.

It sounds like you get a lot out of being a sub teacher and feel really valued there. So it’s not just a comfort blanket at all, you really enjoy your time there.

Isn’t it annoying that a change in season can make an otherwise wonderful job feel like such an effort to get to? I can hear your positivity about improving your sales on Fiverr and your thankfulness for the relationships you’ve built here too.

That positivity is definitely something to build upon. You are very self-aware @vickiespencer and your past proves that you are capable of assessing what you need and making the requisite changes.

All the very best, Lee x

Guest yeshuaprincess

@shirley_w Yes, you are right about the conception. I believe this needs to change and perhaps people (parents) should be more supportive of what one wants to do in his/her life especially if one can prove they can do it their way successfully.

However, I understand that they only want the best for us and sometimes it’s better to respect their decisions as well.

Indeed, as said, there’s no clear “right thing to do” for my situation. I’ll be talking with more people and the pros.

On a side note, I’ve only got a few months left until I get my degree! So, I’ll probably continue.

Continuing your study…

That’s the an amazing decision that you have made! @webster1000

I can guarantee that you won’t ever regret it in the future 😊

It’s all because further education will broaden your insight and perspective on something. What I learned from life is a degree not always about work and money but much bigger than that and I believe you will learn more as you grow older 🙂

I’m saying this because I have experienced moments of crisis like that years ago. Your parents and all asian parents or even all parents in the world just want the best for their children, whatever it is.

Btw I’m also an Asian woman 🙈

I’m surprised to know that everything goes same to all Asian children in the world lol. I thought that’s only happened in my country. I live in Indonesia (Bali) btw.

All I can say now to you is: "It’s just one step away! Go step up and win the war! 💪

Keep fighting to you from a far away friend :raising_hand_woman:

Continuing your study…

That’s the an amazing decision that you have made! @webster1000

I can guarantee that you won’t ever regret it in the future 😊

It’s all because further education will broaden your insight and perspective on something. What I learned from life is a degree not always about work and money but much bigger than that and I believe you will learn more as you grow older 🙂

I’m saying this because I have experienced moments of crisis like that years ago. Your parents and all asian parents or even all parents in the world just want the best for their children, whatever it is.

Btw I’m also an Asian woman 🙈

I’m surprised to know that everything goes same to all Asian children in the world lol. I thought that’s only happened in my country. I live in Indonesia (Bali) btw.

All I can say now to you is: "It’s just one step away! Go step up and win the war! 💪

Keep fighting to you from a far away friend :raising_hand_woman:

Thank you for the inspiring words. I will try my best. 🙂

Interesting, this is something new.

Well I do have my own personal problems I occasionally run into through life here and there, but so far I haven’t asked for any professional help, and usually I try to figure out the solution myself.

I am quite curious of what kind of advice a professional can give me.
I have some minor issues that don’t really upset me that much but does get on my nerves,
maybe I can order a gig and figure out how to deal with it! 😃

BTW I LOVE your little mojo couch, it’s very cute.
I was also thinking maybe you can add a video of yourself talking to the potential buyers?
You have a very lovely and welcoming smile, if you make a video I get the feeling people will be more interested. 🙂

Interesting, this is something new.

Well I do have my own personal problems I occasionally run into through life here and there, but so far I haven’t asked for any professional help, and usually I try to figure out the solution myself.

I am quite curious of what kind of advice a professional can give me.

I have some minor issues that don’t really upset me that much but does get on my nerves,

maybe I can order a gig and figure out how to deal with it! 😃

BTW I LOVE your little mojo couch, it’s very cute.

I was also thinking maybe you can add a video of yourself talking to the potential buyers?

You have a very lovely and welcoming smile, if you make a video I get the feeling people will be more interested. 🙂

Hi, thanks so much for your reply and your kind words. I think a video would be a great idea, I need to work on my confidence a little. Thank you for suggesting it.

It sounds as though you have a good strategy for figuring out things that bother you. My approach might be useful if you ever feel stuck on a particular issue or if the same problems or feelings come up again and again.

I don’t offer advice or solutions as such. I help clients to explore their feelings and reactions, often we carry ideas about how we ‘should’ be - perhaps because we’ve been told it from childhood. I may suggest looking at things in a different way or challenge your thinking or beliefs about yourself.

Of course, there’s only so much we can do in a couple of emails! 🙂

You are more than welcome to order my gig any time, I’d love to help.

All the best,

Lee

Not growing and learning as fast as I want to.

Hi @theluxurylife - thank you for replying. I hear your frustration!

Do remember that life is a process and you are always learning. I can sometimes be so focussed on the future and getting ‘there’ (it never really ends) that I forget to enjoy the here and now.

Remember to take care of yourself and enjoy life now - while you grow and learn.

Lee x

Hey @mojotherapy , glad to have you back. I am making a conscious effort to stay away from the media, Twitter or any form of politics, and don’t even see my stock market app. This is helping me a great deal, and I feel calmer and more focused 🙂

Thank you @writer99025, I’m glad to hear that you are looking after yourself. It sounds like staying away from the media is good for calming you. You know what your triggers are! 😁

I truly believe that exercising (and talking of course) is good for our mental health. When you do, you are prioritising your self which is fantastic. I sometimes get in a rut and I have to make an effort to start, but I feel immediately better when I do.

All the best. Stay away from the politics! 😉

Lee

Hey @mojotherapy , glad to have you back. I am making a conscious effort to stay away from the media, Twitter or any form of politics, and don’t even see my stock market app. This is helping me a great deal, and I feel calmer and more focused 🙂

Actually I bought a gig from her and it was quite interesting and I was able to look at things

from a different perspective. Let me just say that aside from the daily stuff I run into, I had several unpleasant problems here and there just like everyone out there and I decided to ask for her opinion for one of them.

I found it quite helpful, maybe you can try out her gig too 😃

Actually I bought a gig from her and it was quite interesting and I was able to look at things

from a different perspective. Let me just say that aside from the daily stuff I run into, I had several unpleasant problems here and there just like everyone out there and I decided to ask for her opinion for one of them.

I found it quite helpful, maybe you can try out her gig too 😃

I will. I have never purchased a gig before, so I guess I will start with her. But not now, later. [Just reading her words has such a soothing effect on people, have you noticed?]

Archived