I was soooo curious I just had to

vickiespencer

Sadly it is and sadly it’s a winning strategy for some KDP authors/publishers.

I put it down to declining education standards making people think that just because they own a book they are intelligent.

@misscrystal sadly when I taught, I noticed that children’s vocabularies were declining year after year. Often it is because children come into the school system with fewer skills than in past years.

@misscrystal sadly when I taught, I noticed that children’s vocabularies were declining year after year. Often it is because children come into the school system with fewer skills than in past years.

Yes, there is basically no one born after the year 2000 who will ever be able to tell the difference between a legitimately well-written book and a plate of mashed potato anymore.

My belief is that a civilization crisis point will one day be arrived at when people become so intellectually docile they can’t distinguish between real mashed potato and pictures of mashed potato anymore. Millions will then die as they try to pour gravy on their phones and eat them.

Personally, I can’t wait.

Yes, there is basically no one born after the year 2000 who will ever be able to tell the difference between a legitimately well-written book and a plate of mashed potato anymore.

My belief is that a civilization crisis point will one day be arrived at when people become so intellectually docile they can’t distinguish between real mashed potato and pictures of mashed potato anymore. Millions will then die as they try to pour gravy on their phones and eat them.

Personally, I can’t wait.

people become so intellectually docile they can’t distinguish between real mashed potato and pictures of mashed potato

Musically we are there now. People watch a guy with a computer playing recorded noise.

They are just dumb also.

@cyaxrex @rankinfinite @rankinfinite @misscrystal @indieoven

The second seller who was posting in Buyer Requests and who also did not even have one gig but was offering to proofread also told me this was his second account because “I disabled my first account” I told him I thought that might be against the TOS to open the second account. He said, “I already told you I disabled my first account so it is fine.” Maybe he meant delete . . .because isn’t it CS that disables accounts?

Once a buyer posts a request in the BR section he’ll be receiving offers from sellers to his inbox (once a friend of mine posted a request there for a service, of course as a buyer). He is not able to see the BR page that we sellers see.

The funny thing is, these people are too dumb to understand this thing.

Happy investigating!!! :rofl:

Once a buyer posts a request in the BR section he’ll be receiving offers from sellers to his inbox (once a friend of mine posted a request there for a service, of course as a buyer). He is not able to see the BR page that we sellers see.

receiving offers from sellers to his inbox (onc

Thank goodness I don’t have an inbox! That would be a nightmare.

😊

The second seller who was posting in Buyer Requests and who also did not even have one gig but was offering to proofread also told me this was his second account because “I disabled my first account” I told him I thought that might be against the TOS to open the second account. He said, “I already told you I disabled my first account so it is fine.” Maybe he meant delete . . .because isn’t it CS that disables accounts?

He must have meant he closed his first account before opening his second one.

LOL! These guys never care about the TOS. He perhaps doesn’t even know the full form of TOS.

I was just thinking he would get a lot of offers. Some will probably do it free, but of course do a horrible job. In fact all will do a horrible job, that’s a given.

I wonder what sort of offers the buyer with the travel blog got yesterday…

Sellers had to convert his LONG travel blog into content suitable for publishing as an eBook, design a number of cover options so that “the best one” could be selected, provide source files and “what the book will look like” which I assume is/are 3D mockups of some description.

All for $5.

There were 11 seller offers. Probably more, now.

I wonder what sort of offers the buyer with the travel blog got yesterday…

Sellers had to convert his LONG travel blog into content suitable for publishing as an eBook, design a number of cover options so that “the best one” could be selected, provide source files and “what the book will look like” which I assume is/are 3D mockups of some description.

All for $5.

There were 11 seller offers. Probably more, now.

I quickly removed that request! The sellers that do take it will give him $5 worth of junk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived