EPL Today (Everyone Invited)

writer99025

I’m not even sure what kind of football this is. It’s total gibberish to me.

The only type of football there is!

Nothing to do with the misleadingly named American football which really should be called something like everyone-wrestle-a-bit-while-one-guy-throws-the-ball-and-another-one-runs-a-bit-and-then-stop-for-15-minutes-til-the-ref-decides-what-happens-next-ball

The only type of football there is!

Nothing to do with the misleadingly named American football which really should be called something like everyone-wrestle-a-bit-while-one-guy-throws-the-ball-and-another-one-runs-a-bit-and-then-stop-for-15-minutes-til-the-ref-decides-what-happens-next-ball

I know! Why do they keep stopping? I don’t know why anyone watches American football. I might like your kind.

America’s women’s football (soccer) team is the best in the world.

Such a shame the men’s team has not qualified for the World cup though!

I actually wrote an article yesterday about how the US men’s team has suffered because the US women’s team is so good - soccer is seen as a women’s game because of that and not taken seriously as a professional sport. It was in the context of the US team not making it to the World Cup for the first time since 1986.

I actually wrote an article yesterday about how the US men’s team has suffered because the US women’s team is so good - soccer is seen as a women’s game because of that and not taken seriously as a professional sport. It was in the context of the US team not making it to the World Cup for the first time since 1986.

I wish I could see women’s soccer. I tried playing it once and some girl kicked me in the shin and almost broke my leg. Those girls were extremely aggressive.

soccer is seen as a women’s game because of that and not taken seriously as a professional sport

That’s a really interesting but saddening thought that probably has some truth in it.

I remember watching the last women’s World Cup. Very much based on individual skill and team tactics and not so physical, with no gamesmanship etc. When someone was fouled they just got up again instead of rolling around on the ground. A pity that the macho mentality has to be so dim-witted that it does not see the value of the game for both genders and the different aspects involved in both areas.

soccer is seen as a women’s game because of that and not taken seriously as a professional sport

That’s a really interesting but saddening thought that probably has some truth in it.

I remember watching the last women’s World Cup. Very much based on individual skill and team tactics and not so physical, with no gamesmanship etc. When someone was fouled they just got up again instead of rolling around on the ground. A pity that the macho mentality has to be so dim-witted that it does not see the value of the game for both genders and the different aspects involved in both areas.

It was an original thought 🙂 based on Writer’s understanding of US culture and male mentality.

Archived