Something I woke up to this Sunday:

thepromogirl

A guy messages me asking if I will do work that’s a violation of Fiverr’s terms of service (I didn’t reply to it, only seen the email) then about 10-15 mins later he places his order. My description is very clear, I don’t do work that a violation of Fiverr’s terms, list the places, and even have a cancelation policy due to buyers neglect (cancelations hurt levels).

Anyways, thought you’d get a good laugh at the fact that apparently this girl born and raised in America (despite my videos) is now presumably a “Indian terrorist”. I haven’t been able to stop my self from laughing at this guys antics.

Please note: He’s not new, based on his frequent and recent orders of some pretty adult type gigs I pulled by googling his user name and the fact that his Fiverr profile says he’s been a member for 3 years, I highly doubt he’s “obviously new”.

Oh, the things we go through for $5. =))

LoL oh wow… Good luck with that wacko!! How does the no cancellation policy work for you though? Some people do honestly purchase by mistake… Aren’t you worried that you risk the chance of getting a negative review? I personally would rather have a mutual cancellation under my belt than a negative review. Either way, it sucks when buyers make mistakes and we have to deal with the consequences. Fiverr could easily implement things that would fix these kind of issues and make it easier for the sellers (Approve gig option)

@thepromogirl

I’m afraid far to many of us have to deal with people like that. I have certainly gotten more than my share of “new and confused buyers”. Calling your buyer new and confused is an understatement of course but calling him what he really is would be censored!

It is a shame that any of us has to put up with this kind of harassment and deal with people like that just because of our cancellation percentages.

Reply to @est1990: I’ve honestly had huge success (and must less headaches, and my cancelations have went down dramatically), if someone asks for work that’s that a) I don’t do and b) Is a violation, I tell them that’s all of this was clearly stated in my description. 99% of the time (which it doesn’t happen all the time, but it does happen that’s why I’ve created a safety net so I can keep my cancelation ratio low) They completely understand, they say they’re sorry (even though they don’t have to) and they realize I only deliver work that is stated in the description.

Prior to my cancelation policy before I put it up I was having issues almost daily, buyers still think they can place an order with me “manipulate their text” so to speak so Fiverr doesn’t see what they’re requesting and think that I’ll somehow actually do it.

Then, they think they can bully me into doing it, or think I’ll risk my account buy doing work that’s a violation of Fiverr’s terms. It’s a sad fact because I see the “buyer request” box of people requesting illegal work and see 25+ sellers had replied to it. I’ve even had some people ask to “do it anyways” like I’m going to risk my entire account for them. Ha!

Anyways, it’s really fixed the issue! If it’s an actual new buyer requesting ‘illegal’ work I let them know that all the information: What I do, What I don’t do, What’s a violation, and my policy is/was all available prior to ordering. Then, I tell them cancelations hurts our levels, ratio, and I only complete works “as stated in my description”. They understand, I think what’s sad if these new people, aren’t being told by level’d sellers you know what’s a violation and what’s not why are you putting yourself and these news sellers at risk of having their entire accounts and hard work shut down? I would want that honest in a business, that’s why I provide it, I make them aware, both in the description and (if neglected) in a message. People need to be aware you can’t just order something from a seller and ask them for any random service (it happened with me) and then when they refuse just cancel leaving the sellers to take the hit, and effect everything they worked so hard for.

I’ve gotten many thumbs up, and repeats after because I’m my professionalism and honestly. It’s better to have all available upfront so they can’t bully you during the order (like this guy did, claiming he didn’t know) when in fact it’s all provided in my description upfront.

No room for surprises. It’s like any business, you agree to the terms of service before you sign up, or commit to an agreement. Thats why they exist, for people like this. I mean, hello, even Fiverr made you sign their Terms of Service before you registers to the site. This isn’t like Facebook where it’s for social purposes, this is a place of business. If you’re not willing to abide by the policy, don’t bother committing to it.

Sorry this ended up being so lengthy, but yes to simplify things it’s really worked, and I’m having a lot success and illuminated almost ALL of my cancelations/bullying orders.

LOL!! bloody terrorists =))

I’ve had the same problem with cancellations and have added on my review gigs that I won’t post to third party websites but they kept asking, so I added a similar statement that I won’t grant cancellations purely because the description wasn’t read.

I haven’t got anymore cancellation requests but my orders have dropped off. 🙂

Guest marsch001

Wow, what an fragglesrock! Good for you for keeping your calm, and I hope it worked out well with CS. People are idiots.

Archived