Some buyers just... :roll_eyes:

prroducer99plus

Most of these types of situations come down to knowing how to stand up to buyers when they overstep the gig offering and not let them get away with it. Let them know in no uncertain terms that you are the boss, and it will be done as you say it will be done.

Don’t let them dictate to you, the seller, what the terms will be, you are the one who has the final say in how it gets done. If they don’t agree to it then cancel.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course fiverr should intervene as little as possible but in cases like this, the buyer is ordering a service in a time that wasn’t specified as being allowed. This is clearly unacceptable and is forcing the buyer to complete a task that wasn’t actually specified as being an option in the gig.

Fiverr should be allowed to intervene in these cases. It’s unacceptable for them to just tell the seller to work with the buyer when they shouldn’t have to.

Like a few of us have already suggested… charge the seller for their request. If it isn’t part of the original agreement, you are not bound to complete that request, and, should, therefore, charge for the additional service that the buyer requests/demands. If they don’t want to pay for the new added service, then don’t give it to them.

Fiverr does not need to step in in a situation like this.

Of course charging extra can be a solution but in many cases, there is a reason as to why early deliveries aren’t offered is because they aren’t possible.

Cancelling the order unnecessarily punishes the seller for something that was unfairly ordered by the buyer, who ordered something that wasn’t even supposed to be an option.

There should be a third solution for this offered by fiverr. The seller should not have to suffer the consequences because of a buyer that is at fault.

Of course charging extra can be a solution but in many cases, there is a reason as to why early deliveries aren’t offered is because they aren’t possible.

Cancelling the order unnecessarily punishes the seller for something that was unfairly ordered by the buyer, who ordered something that wasn’t even supposed to be an option.

There should be a third solution for this offered by fiverr. The seller should not have to suffer the consequences because of a buyer that is at fault.

I get the impression that you’re not really listening to what we’re telling you. 😐

The third option would be to do it in the regular time frame that the gig offers if the buyer refuses to pay extra for a 12 hour delivery. And telling the buyer that.

You can say “I’m sorry but I have some other rush orders ahead of yours and they already paid extra for rush service. I’m happy to do this order in the usual time frame that is shown on my gig. I will put yours ahead of even those rush orders but will have to send an offer for that rush job.” Then you send the order.

The third option would be to do it in the regular time frame that the gig offers if the buyer refuses to pay extra for a 12 hour delivery. And telling the buyer that.

You can say “I’m sorry but I have some other rush orders ahead of yours and they already paid extra for rush service. I’m happy to do this order in the usual time frame that is shown on my gig. I will put yours ahead of even those rush orders but will have to send an offer for that rush job.” Then you send the order.

The OP stated that they did this to avoid a negative review. If the buyer wants a delivery in 12 hours and says it’s urgent, then they aren’t going to give you a 5 star review for delivering in 24.

This doesn’t solve the problem of the sellers being negatively harmed.

The OP stated that they did this to avoid a negative review. If the buyer wants a delivery in 12 hours and says it’s urgent, then they aren’t going to give you a 5 star review for delivering in 24.

This doesn’t solve the problem of the sellers being negatively harmed.

You can’t be a slave to a fear of a negative review and in this case there would be no reason to get a negative review. Never would I allow any buyer to demand a very rush delivery without paying for it.

If I were so terrified of a negative review I would cancel it and in this case because of the buyer’s entitled attitude I probably would cancel it regardless of any extra payement.

You can’t be a slave to a fear of a negative review and in this case there would be no reason to get a negative review. Never would I allow any buyer to demand a very rush delivery without paying for it.

If I were so terrified of a negative review I would cancel it and in this case because of the buyer’s entitled attitude I probably would cancel it regardless of any extra payement.

Negative reviews aren’t as important as you progress as a seller on fiverr but newer sellers could have their entire accounts destroyed by 1 negative review.

I get the impression that you’re not really listening to what we’re telling you. 😐

I understand what you’re saying but there just doesn’t seem to be a solution where the seller is well off.e

See my responses to misscrystal.

Negative reviews aren’t as important as you progress as a seller on fiverr but newer sellers could have their entire accounts destroyed by 1 negative review.

Then she should have cancelled it if that was the case, that she was getting in effect blackmailed to do what she didn’t want to do.

She still risked a negative review if she cancelled.

If you give a refund you can’t get a review. She should have said that she couldn’t do it and cancelled it for that reason. There wouldn’t be any review.

I’m not sure why you want to insist the sellers are so helpless. They always have a choice.

If you give a refund you can’t get a review. She should have said that she couldn’t do it and cancelled it for that reason. There wouldn’t be any review.

I’m not sure why you want to insist the sellers are so helpless. They always have a choice.

Cancellation still harms the seller as I said above - it affects their cancellation rate and their gig placement in searches goes down.

Fiverr sellers do have a choice, but fiverr needs safeguards to protect seller from these kind of buyers.

Then new sellers need to work extra hard to satisfy sellers and earn positive reviews. Again, this isn’t something that Fiverr should step in to enforce.

If you’re a new seller with few to no reviews, then it is within your best interests to work with the buyer and provide them with services they can be happy about – but do so without letting them walk all over you to get it.

“Let your yes be yes, and your no be no.”

Then new sellers need to work extra hard to satisfy sellers and earn positive reviews. Again, this isn’t something that Fiverr should step in to enforce.

If you’re a new seller with few to no reviews, then it is within your best interests to work with the buyer and provide them with services they can be happy about – but do so without letting them walk all over you to get it.

“Let your yes be yes, and your no be no.”

Of course new sellers need to work harder. But certain deadline cannot be met. Whether that’s to do with scheduling, real life events or the nature and complexity of the job.

Of course new sellers need to work harder. But certain deadline cannot be met. Whether that’s to do with scheduling, real life events or the nature and complexity of the job.

[sigh] … You’re just not listening. So I’m going to bow out of this discussion. I don’t enjoy talking in circles. Good luck as you continue to grow as a Fiverr seller.

[sigh] … You’re just not listening. So I’m going to bow out of this discussion. I don’t enjoy talking in circles. Good luck as you continue to grow as a Fiverr seller.

I’ve provided a response to everything you’ve said so I’m not sure what you think I’m not listening to.

Anyway, I guess we’ll agree to disagree.

But Fiverr doesn’t refund the processing fee.

Why should they, though? The processing fee covers requirements outside of the order terms. If the order is force-cancelled due to some sort of disagreement or rules violation, why would they refund the non-seller-order part of the purchase price as well? It’s a consequence of a cancelled order.

The fees cover the order that was previously processed. There was still an order – the fees covered that order.

Whether you (or any seller) may perceive a refund to be unjust or not, is not the issue. Fiverr has policies, and Fiverr honors those policies. In my experience, and in most of the stories I have read here on the forums, Fiverr provides a reason for their cancellation actions.

If there’s a cancellation, you can always contact Fiverr and learn more about that cancellation.

I wasn’t saying they should refund the processing fee. I was saying that even in a cancelled order, Fiverr makes money.

And a refund being unjust or not in a sellers eyes has everything to do with this conversation. Sellers know terms of service. As well as Fiverr policy. I also know that it wouldn’t take long to find a Fiverr horror story about an unjust cancellation on this forum. What I’m trying to say is that if I’M responsible for dealing with my buyer and working towards a solution with that buyer, a refund is something that I, me, myself, should work toward.

Where we disagree is the level of responsibility you believe Fiverr has to facilitate orders going smoothly. They have a lot more and the definitely exercise this authority often. So much so that they lose the ability to be independent of it.

I’m actually having fun with a buyer like this at the moment. Every order they place involves up to 20 messages before they manage to tell me what their brief is and even then they don’t follow my order instructions. I ask for images to create a video, they say, just use some commercial free ones like last time and you should have my logo on file.

They add a huge amount of time and I can’t be done with it anymore. This being the case, when they start with their usual “Hi” I’m just giving them “Hi” back.

Them: “How are things?”

Me: “Amazing”

I’m actually shocked that they still aren’t getting the message that they should tell me what they want. It’s got as far as “are your gigs still active?” But then it went back to “Hey!”

Guess we’ll just have to see how it goes…

As for your 12-hour buyer, you might want to insist that they stop placing orders directly like this. I have had a very similar buyer whom I will dread ever working with again. They, however, would add to the rudeness issue by ordering things like $5 image extras and say they were ordering that extra as they need 1,000 words delivered in 24-hours, not the actual images.

Mmmhh, ok, then you should have bought the necessary $15 extras you need…

I’m actually having fun with a buyer like this at the moment. Every order they place involves up to 20 messages before they manage to tell me what their brief is and even then they don’t follow my order instructions. I ask for images to create a video, they say, just use some commercial free ones like last time and you should have my logo on file.

They add a huge amount of time and I can’t be done with it anymore. This being the case, when they start with their usual “Hi” I’m just giving them “Hi” back.

Them: “How are things?”

Me: “Amazing”

I’m actually shocked that they still aren’t getting the message that they should tell me what they want. It’s got as far as “are your gigs still active?” But then it went back to “Hey!”

Guess we’ll just have to see how it goes…

As for your 12-hour buyer, you might want to insist that they stop placing orders directly like this. I have had a very similar buyer whom I will dread ever working with again. They, however, would add to the rudeness issue by ordering things like $5 image extras and say they were ordering that extra as they need 1,000 words delivered in 24-hours, not the actual images.

They, however, would add to the rudeness issue by ordering things like $5 image extras and say they were ordering that extra as they need 1,000 words delivered in 24-hours, not the actual images.

Bahahahaha 😂 The nerve…

Yeah I can definitely relate. I don’'t really get annoyed with the “hi, how r u” messages as I appreciate that they are treating me like a human being. Something that doesn’t often happen here in NYC :roll_eyes:

But it is sometimes a sign of things to come. They may be harder to get necessary information out of, and just overall difficult in general. But I’ve had them turn out really great.

Does cancelling an order as a seller affect your rating? Is the buyer still able to rate you after you cancel an order you can’t complete?

I have had many situations where I really couldnt feasibly complete an order, but for my perceived lack of options, I would do it anyway and run myself ragged. Would cancelling an order be similar to saying “no, I do not accept this order” as on other freelance platforms? Or are there negative consequences?

Also, while not having received any negative reviews, I will sometimes get a very critical buy who will give like a 4.3 star review based on some strict criteria. Even this hurts a new seller because buyers are looking for the plethora of sellers with 5 star reviews!

Does cancelling an order as a seller affect your rating? Is the buyer still able to rate you after you cancel an order you can’t complete?

I have had many situations where I really couldnt feasibly complete an order, but for my perceived lack of options, I would do it anyway and run myself ragged. Would cancelling an order be similar to saying “no, I do not accept this order” as on other freelance platforms? Or are there negative consequences?

Also, while not having received any negative reviews, I will sometimes get a very critical buy who will give like a 4.3 star review based on some strict criteria. Even this hurts a new seller because buyers are looking for the plethora of sellers with 5 star reviews!

Is the buyer still able to rate you after you cancel an order you can’t complete?

They can leave private feedback that’s visible to staff, but won’t show on your profile or gig page.

What catwriter said

And cancelation do effect your gig but not as much as a negative review.

Archived