Is there any sellers security?

mishaelwriters

Some buyers would purchase your service take and come back to cancel the order.
I discovered one whom canceled an order of writing 100 products. Then after writing up to 5o for him. He took the 50 and canceled the order. Later I saw him at buyer’s request that he needs 50 product description. Which means that he has taken my 50 and still looking for who would do the other 50 from.
Please, I would like to know if Fiverr does anything against this kind of persons.

I hate to be the one to be on Fiverrs side in regard to this matter but realistically, Fiverr is very limited in regard to what it can do to prevent malicious buyers from abusing sellers.

In an ideal world, the minute a buyer tried to hold a seller to ransom, a CS agent would be available to say, “hey, step away from the seller and read a book about decent human behavior.” In practice though, Fiverr has become pretty huge and the price of that hugeness is less personalized direct seller support.

If every Fiverr seller had access to an on-demand CS agent, wages for on-demand CS agents would skyrocket and eat up every cent of profit Fiverr makes as an organization.

There are huge problems with how some buyers mistreat sellers, as well as even huger problems with how Fiverr often automatically takes the side of buyers who raise grievances and requests for refunds with sellers. In fact, that right there is my pet Fiverr peeve.

As it is, though. Fiverr is not your employer. Fiverr is a marketplace which is provided to most sellers essentially free. - Try going it alone on your own site and see what $1 out of every $5 someone spends with you gets you as far as branding, market visibility, easy payment processing, tech support, marketing, and etc etc.

I loath Fiverr sometimes. The thing is, as a marketplace, I have nothing to complain about. If I was renting a store in a mall and I kept on having a crazy meth person keep coming in and chewing the carpets, the onus would be on me to improve my security.

99% of the time, you can learn to spot people whom you should either not work with or cancel orders from if they order directly and raise red flags. What’s more, because I know how bad it can be for new sellers dealing with such people, I wouldn’t be a new seller again even if you gave me a clone of Cameron Diaz wearing an authentic Rolex handcuffed to a suitcase with a million dollars in it.

Fiverr is, however, just a marketplace. It has no obligation to you at all. Sellers, in this case, need to learn to police, vet, and in some cases be justifiably paranoid about the people whom they do business with.

It’s not fair. But that’s just how it is and would be in the real world too.

@cyaxrex Can’t Fiverr at least stop buyers from cancelling if they are given a full product and the order is fulfilled? Not sure how they were given 50, maybe as a ‘preview.’ I’m basically new in knowledge even though I’ve used Fiverr a long time ago. I think there are already methods in which a buyer can ‘give back’ a product they purchased for the refund on other places… not sure what it’d be called, but using restrictions on the file given.

There are a few precautions you can take from him not getting the product at least a little. For images and videos, you can add watermarks and ask them are they satisfied and get the confirmation. For written material, I’d say you better send part by part. Don’t send the whole document at once. When you get confirmations that they’re satisfied, it’s tough for them to back out at one point. There are a few buyers over here trying to get free work done. If you feel like that buyer is aggressive in the beginning, do not hesitate to reject. It would end up being bad news for you.

You can take advantage of the newly offered feature called “Milestone” in custom offer. You can divide the 100 products’ job in 5 milestones (20 products per milestone) so when you have delivered 20 products, the buyers will either have to accept the delivery or the project won’t forward to the next step. I know it’s not a fail safe system, but at least in this way, your possibility of getting scammed will be minimized.

Archived