Do you think commissions should be reduced?

oliver22

I would like for it to be less, sure. But if a 20% cut is what Fiverr’s determined is needed to keep them healthy and growing, then that’s OK with me and it’s just the cost of doing business here.

The bigger problem I’ve found is creating gigs that provide meaningful work in my area for just $5 (well, really more like netting $3.80 when it’s all said and done) is difficult. The gig extras are definitely helpful, but many buyers are conditioned to think that nearly unlimited work for $5 is a reasonable expectation. Combine that with the push to “always over-deliver” and it really starts to squeeze blood from the turnip. Creating the gigs properly involves a careful balance.

I would like for it to be less, sure. But if a 20% cut is what Fiverr’s determined is needed to keep them healthy and growing, then that’s OK with me and it’s just the cost of doing business here.

The bigger problem I’ve found is creating gigs that provide meaningful work in my area for just $5 (well, really more like netting $3.80 when it’s all said and done) is difficult. The gig extras are definitely helpful, but many buyers are conditioned to think that nearly unlimited work for $5 is a reasonable expectation. Combine that with the push to “always over-deliver” and it really starts to squeeze blood from the turnip. Creating the gigs properly involves a careful balance.

I agree with @theironwhale the commission amount is reasonable to some but to others its quite high. Personally I have no problem with it, I still get a good amount of money per gig, and with extras I can double the amount of money I get in an hour but to some this might to be so true. Maybe we could strike a balance, maybe having the more demanded sellers pay a higher commission 25% to 30% while the less demanded pay a 15%-20% commission or something of that sort.

I agree with @theironwhale the commission amount is reasonable to some but to others its quite high. Personally I have no problem with it, I still get a good amount of money per gig, and with extras I can double the amount of money I get in an hour but to some this might to be so true. Maybe we could strike a balance, maybe having the more demanded sellers pay a higher commission 25% to 30% while the less demanded pay a 15%-20% commission or something of that sort.

Archived