The creator has not do his work on time,so i send him a mail to remind him

yanblack

We get it - you made one purchase - it didn’t go well.

You’ve been given advice what to do.

What not to do is to be rude to good sellers and call everyone scammers and frauds. You’ve been flagged, you keep breaking the ToS.

If you’ve got a problem, please contact CS - don’t take it out on the folks here who are trying to help you.

What not to do is to be rude to good sellers and call everyone scammers and frauds.

Not sure where you got the idea, we are discussing a particular seller here per OP.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest offlinehelpers

What not to do is to be rude to good sellers and call everyone scammers and frauds.

Not sure where you got the idea, we are discussing a particular seller here per OP.

Not from the way you’re generalising about sellers.

It’s already been explained to you that good sellers dislike bad sellers, but you’ve chosen to ignore that.

You’ve been rude to everybody who’s offered help.

You’ve told people to break the ToS etc. etc.

It’s already been explained to you that good sellers dislike bad sellers, but you’ve chosen to ignore that.

You’ve been rude to everybody who’s offered help.

You’ve told people to break the ToS etc. etc.

I am saying sellers without the minimal commitment such as deliver what’s advertised, or intentionally misleading in communication, such as in OP’s case, do not belong and should not be rated 4.9. How is that a generalization? You think most sellers are like that? (If so it is you who is generalizing)

And who is “everybody”, are you a representative of the seller’s association? or just the bad ones

Was there a purpose to that posting? Is there something you need me to answer?

I am not your buyer, therefore, don’t know what that’s all about?

Purpose is customer support doesn’t take it as any threat.

It doesn’t matter what ever buyer says.

That was an order I completed, CS agreed I completed assured me that they won’t allow cancellation.

Next day customer went to social media threatened Fiverr and got it cancelled.

Got back $250 so easily even after order delivered as agreed.

That was an order I completed, CS agreed I completed assured me that they won’t allow cancellation.

I see.

I’m am very sorry that happened to you but there are millions of transactions that happen here monthly. I have to believe most buyers are honest as are sellers who come here.

I am not naive. I know there are really bad buyers and there are sellers who lack skills to sell the gig they are offering.

I realize it’s frustrating, but by posting that, all you are doing is giving those few, dishonest - scam buyers - ideas on how to swindle you and your fellow sellers. Nothing wrong with venting but there are some things better left unsaid.

It may belong to its own thread? your case is different than OP. So far the discussion was related to a seller who does low quality work in the last minute (see the original story), not a evil buyer who got the software but refused to pay.

It may belong to its own thread? your case is different than OP. So far the discussion was related to a seller who does low quality work in the last minute (see the original story), not a evil buyer who got the software but refused to pay.

It was for the line I read at many places that don’t ever threaten seller about bad reviews.

I am amazed how CS change their words, one day they say we have reviewed it very closely and you delivered what was ordered we won’t allow cancellation, next day they say me we cannot tell more details but we reviewed it and allowed cancellation, take it as an example to improve your status and quality. 🤞

If you can’t tell truth at least don’t say seller that his service is not good.

@boyuan851 I just want to point one thing to you and I’ll totally leave the discussion before I get called as a “Fraud seller” too.

Sellers do not defend each other as you’re saying.
Since we’re sellers too, we are just “guessing” what would have happened which led to @yanblack experiencing this. As @gig_freak said, sometimes there is an issue with the orders showing in the to-do list. So maybe it’s not his fault? But also, maybe it is. Nobody knows if he was wasting his time & forgot about the buyer’s delivery or if he was facing whatever kind of problems.

What we sellers are doing in this deadlock discussion is just advising him of what to do in this situation & also guessing what might have happened to the seller which led to the final result which wasn’t cool for the buyer.

I would actually be pissed too if this happened to me. But who knows what was the seller suffering? Or what he was wasting his time at?

@boyuan851 I just want to point one thing to you and I’ll totally leave the discussion before I get called as a “Fraud seller” too.

Sellers do not defend each other as you’re saying.

Since we’re sellers too, we are just “guessing” what would have happened which led to @yanblack experiencing this. As @gig_freak said, sometimes there is an issue with the orders showing in the to-do list. So maybe it’s not his fault? But also, maybe it is. Nobody knows if he was wasting his time & forgot about the buyer’s delivery or if he was facing whatever kind of problems.

What we sellers are doing in this deadlock discussion is just advising him of what to do in this situation & also guessing what might have happened to the seller which led to the final result which wasn’t cool for the buyer.

I would actually be pissed too if this happened to me. But who knows what was the seller suffering? Or what he was wasting his time at?

That is quite reasonable speculation. Thanks. Your post will get a lot of likes because the sentiment in here. And my speculation, from the buyer’s perspective, different than yours, will receive hates and flagged by mods, because I am thinking buyer protection (against both seller and Fiverr) as higher priority (thus I am considering things from buyer’s perspective more) regardless of what could’ve happened to the seller. Should I then be accused of being insensitive? I am not sure you can. Buyers do have naive assumptions that creative people need room/time, this shall not be taken advantage of

Combine my own experience (which is laughed at by the mod, why?), and another thread I happen to read recently (an apparent fraud seller using other people’s picture as his/her work, I can even see the watermark of another id), I conclude there are shady sellers. Buyers need to be aware and careful to proceed.

That is quite reasonable speculation. Thanks. Your post will get a lot of likes because the sentiment in here. And my speculation, from the buyer’s perspective, different than yours, will receive hates and flagged by mods, because I am thinking buyer protection (against both seller and Fiverr) as higher priority (thus I am considering things from buyer’s perspective more) regardless of what could’ve happened to the seller. Should I then be accused of being insensitive? I am not sure you can. Buyers do have naive assumptions that creative people need room/time, this shall not be taken advantage of

Combine my own experience (which is laughed at by the mod, why?), and another thread I happen to read recently (an apparent fraud seller using other people’s picture as his/her work, I can even see the watermark of another id), I conclude there are shady sellers. Buyers need to be aware and careful to proceed.

I conclude there are shady sellers. Buyers need to be aware and careful to proceed.

There are shady buyers, Sellers need to be aware and careful to proceed.

Not all fingers are the same

End of story.

I conclude there are shady sellers. Buyers need to be aware and careful to proceed.

Not all fingers are the same

End of story.

Yeah I fully agree. There are evil buyers. But your point belongs to those threads, not this one. There is an usual bias toward buyers in this forum. You don’t defend an apparent seller’s side problem by saying “some other” buyers can be evil, because then you are accusing OP being dishonest. I hope the mods are consistent and flag your post for “GENERALIZATION

And my speculation, from the buyer’s perspective, different than yours, will receive hates and flagged by mods, because I am thinking buyer protection (against both seller and Fiverr) as higher priority (thus I am considering things from buyer’s perspective more)

Oh, my goodness! Aren’t we going a bit overboard? I’m curious to know how many gigs you’ve bought here?

To date, I’ve bought 215 gigs with over 300 transactions & 2 cancellations. I’ve seen my fair share of good and bad. Whatever you’ve seen I’ve already seen.

Every frequent seller on the forum, knows there are scam sellers. They all know about the fake profile picture, trading reviews, etc. They’ve been victims of shady sellers who steal their profile - use the search function. I mean some even copy word for word, profile description, gig page, work history and etc.

You have any idea how infuriating it is to have a cheat come steal (basically your identity) after working so hard to establish yourself?

This is a platform, short of like a franchise. You walk into McD and it’s clean as a whistle with happy, friendly employees. You walk into another McD a few miles down the road and it’s the nastiest thing you’ve ever seen with rude employees. Well, guess what, 5r is the same.

You will run into great sellers, who are dedicated and professional who do quality work for fraction of what you get elsewhere. You will also find sneaky, bad ones who produce bad quality work.

Your rants are getting rather redundant.

And my speculation, from the buyer’s perspective, different than yours, will receive hates and flagged by mods, because I am thinking buyer protection (against both seller and Fiverr) as higher priority (thus I am considering things from buyer’s perspective more)

Oh, my goodness! Aren’t we going a bit overboard? I’m curious to know how many gigs you’ve bought here?

To date, I’ve bought 215 gigs with over 300 transactions & 2 cancellations. I’ve seen my fair share of good and bad. Whatever you’ve seen I’ve already seen.

Every frequent seller on the forum, knows there are scam sellers. They all know about the fake profile picture, trading reviews, etc. They’ve been victims of shady sellers who steal their profile - use the search function. I mean some even copy word for word, profile description, gig page, work history and etc.

You have any idea how infuriating it is to have a cheat come steal (basically your identity) after working so hard to establish yourself?

This is a platform, short of like a franchise. You walk into McD and it’s clean as a whistle with happy, friendly employees. You walk into another McD a few miles down the road and it’s the nastiest thing you’ve ever seen with rude employees. Well, guess what, 5r is the same.

You will run into great sellers, who are dedicated and professional who do quality work for fraction of what you get elsewhere. You will also find sneaky, bad ones who produce bad quality work.

Your rants are getting rather redundant.

, I’ve bought 215 gigs with over 300 transactions.

@boyuan851 FYI, we all aren’t just sellers, we are buyers too. I have bought more than 120 gigs with over $1500+ spent and as @gina_riley2 said, both good and bad experiences. So you saying we are biased towards sellers is totally wrong…

I am saying sellers without the minimal commitment such as deliver what’s advertised, or intentionally misleading in communication, such as in OP’s case, do not belong and should not be rated 4.9. How is that a generalization? You think most sellers are like that? (If so it is you who is generalizing)

And who is “everybody”, are you a representative of the seller’s association? or just the bad ones

intentionally misleading in communication

What intentionally misleading communication(s) did the seller use?

intentionally misleading in communication

What intentionally misleading communication(s) did the seller use?

his proposal

You have an awesome song and want a music video for it

I will create a Professional music video for your song in very low budget

The video will be made from a variety of slow motion footage.

amazing timelapses

other scenic beauty shots

And I have a huge collection of different shots that I will use for your song to make the video that matches your song .

You just have to provide a copy of your song and artist name

Your music video will be delivered in HD 720p MP4 format

Have any questions ? you can ask anytime .

I will try to give you the best quality work 🙂

and i got a 43 mb video ,nothing maches the video…So Misleading.?

his proposal

amazing timelapses

And I have a huge collection of different shots that I will use for your song to make the video that matches your song .

When a seller submit a delivery which doesn’t seem as described, simply cancel the order & you’ll get your money back. If he doesn’t want to cancel. You can either contact the Customer Support which will help you out. Or you can leave a negative review on his profile which will help other buyers not to fall in the same trap.

If you’re going to cancel your order or leave a negative review, both are going to affect his business in a negative way.

his proposal

amazing timelapses

43 mb video

It’s not high but did he claim it was would be higher before the order?

If he delivered it in 1280x720 (HD) that bit is as described (in terms of the pixel dimensions (1280x720) that are described as “HD”.

Is that around 1.911 Mb/s (megabits per sec)?

If you look at the recommended encoding bitrates for DailyMotion, it’s 2.2 Mbps for 1280x720 HD (25 fps to 30 fps). So if the video’s bitrate is around 1.911 Mbps it’s not that far off the recommeded bitrate for 720p HD on DailyMotion (2.2 Mbps).

It all depends on the content of the video and how easily (or not) it compresses, and the codec used. He did say “Professional video” so maybe he should have checked the video more. But we also don’t know his display settings were matching yours etc. What was stated by the other poster was that he was “intentionally misleading”. We don’t know whether the seller missed compression artefacts in the video (eg. if his monitor wasn’t set as bright or he didn’t check it enough) or whether he intended to give it a higher bitrate (and it’s close to the recommended bitrate for 720p for DailyMotion if it’s 1.911 Mbps). Quality is also subjective. There is also no bitrate standard that is called “HD” (HD as a TV term is >=720p, it doesn’t mention a minimum bitrate).

edit: the DM bitrates I mentioned are actually for live streaming. For uploads it just says “1.2-4 Mbps” - though that does seem low as it doesn’t split it by resolution - that’s for all it’s supported resolutions.

So he may not have been intentionally misleading (if it was misleading). He may not have checked it properly using similar display settings (perhaps with a brighter display). Maybe he intended it to give it a higher bitrate (and/or perhaps his source footage was already over-compressed). We don’t know. And without intent to deceive, it’s not fraud.

I will try to give you the best quality work

I didn’t see that bit but, he does say “try”. Yes maybe he should have checked it more if it’s low quality. Though a revision can also be asked for if it’s not up to standard (eg. too low a bitrate).

nothing maches the video

Maybe he just didn’t spend enough time on it/checking it etc. You can still ask for revisions (unless it goes over 3 days since delivery without you asking for revisions or him re-delivering).

43 mb video

It’s not high but did he claim it was would be higher before the order?

If he delivered it in 1280x720 (HD) that bit is as described (in terms of the pixel dimensions (1280x720) that are described as “HD”.

Is that around 1.911 Mb/s (megabits per sec)?

If you look at the recommended encoding bitrates for DailyMotion, it’s 2.2 Mbps for 1280x720 HD (25 fps to 30 fps). So if the video’s bitrate is around 1.911 Mbps it’s not that far off the recommeded bitrate for 720p HD on DailyMotion (2.2 Mbps).

It all depends on the content of the video and how easily (or not) it compresses, and the codec used. He did say “Professional video” so maybe he should have checked the video more. But we also don’t know his display settings were matching yours etc. What was stated by the other poster was that he was “intentionally misleading”. We don’t know whether the seller missed compression artefacts in the video (eg. if his monitor wasn’t set as bright or he didn’t check it enough) or whether he intended to give it a higher bitrate (and it’s close to the recommended bitrate for 720p for DailyMotion if it’s 1.911 Mbps). Quality is also subjective. There is also no bitrate standard that is called “HD” (HD as a TV term is >=720p, it doesn’t mention a minimum bitrate).

edit: the DM bitrates I mentioned are actually for live streaming. For uploads it just says “1.2-4 Mbps” - though that does seem low as it doesn’t split it by resolution - that’s for all it’s supported resolutions.

So he may not have been intentionally misleading (if it was misleading). He may not have checked it properly using similar display settings (perhaps with a brighter display). Maybe he intended it to give it a higher bitrate (and/or perhaps his source footage was already over-compressed). We don’t know. And without intent to deceive, it’s not fraud.

I will try to give you the best quality work

I didn’t see that bit but, he does say “try”. Yes maybe he should have checked it more if it’s low quality. Though a revision can also be asked for if it’s not up to standard (eg. too low a bitrate).

nothing maches the video

Maybe he just didn’t spend enough time on it/checking it etc. You can still ask for revisions (unless it goes over 3 days since delivery without you asking for revisions or him re-delivering).

You can’t be serious. A 3 minute video of 43mb in total that is 43*8/180 = 1.51 Mbps. Upload video to youtube, the recommended bitrate for 720p is 5.0 to 7.5mbps. For 360p video the recommended bitate is 1.0-1.5Mbps. We can’t judge the quality without seeing it, but the size is quite small for HD video in any context.

You can’t be serious. A 3 minute video of 43mb in total that is 43*8/180 = 1.51 Mbps. Upload video to youtube, the recommended bitrate for 720p is 5.0 to 7.5mbps. For 360p video the recommended bitate is 1.0-1.5Mbps. We can’t judge the quality without seeing it, but the size is quite small for HD video in any context.

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((43+MB+%2F3)%2F60)+to+megabits

/\ copy whole line

or

https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=((43+MB%2F3)%2F60)

both =1.911 Mbps?

Guest offlinehelpers

his proposal

amazing timelapses

I found the gig you purchased, however I won’t mention the seller’s username as that would break the Forum ToS.

Despite having over 150 reviews, the seller isn’t level 2 as you would expect, but a level 1, with a rating of 4.6, and several negative reviews for various reasons. Both of these facts would have started alarm bells ringing with me as a buyer.

If I were you, I would cancel your order now - if it means asking CS to do that for you, then so be it.

I’m sure there are many other good sellers who will do a better job for you, and they should have a better overall rating and reviews.

Good luck! ☀️

I can’t comment or compare specific videos, since each individual video has its own characteristics and I have not seen OP’s video to make a judgement. Generally, google’s youtube recommended bitrate can be accessed here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

This is not for pro video just average youtube video, it says clearly for standard dynamic range 720p the recommended bitrate should be above 5.0 Mbps (24, 25, or 30 frame per second)

I can’t comment or compare specific videos, since each individual video has its own characteristics and I have not seen OP’s video to make a judgement. Generally, google’s youtube recommended bitrate can be accessed here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

This is not for pro video just average youtube video, it says clearly for standard dynamic range 720p the recommended bitrate should be above 5.0 Mbps (24, 25, or 30 frame per second)

I don’t see where it says “above” 5 Mbps. I see the 5 Mbps recommendation.

Maybe Fiverr should add a bitrate recommendation section to the site. Though like has been said, it depends on the video etc. Some may need more, some may be okay with less. We also know the seller advertises he will/can use “slow motion” footage, which might also not require as high bitrate as normal or fast motion video.

I don’t see where it says “above” 5 Mbps. I see the 5 Mbps recommendation.

Maybe Fiverr should add a bitrate recommendation section to the site. Though like has been said, it depends on the video etc. Some may need more, some may be okay with less. We also know the seller advertises he will/can use “slow motion” footage, which might also not require as high bitrate as normal or fast motion video.

Yep I don’t think we disagree. I read 5.0 as the lower end of the recommendation since it has 7.5mbps listed in the next cllumn. I just want to say we can’t say the video quality OP received is no problem just because 2mbps are sufficient in some situations. With common sense it falls on the low bitrate and is suspicious to be less than optimal quality. A specific range of bitrate included in the ads could be a good thing for both side’s protection. When you buy photos online they sell different resolutions for different prices, same here.

Archived