Contacting Buyers Outside Of Fiverr

ali_farooq

Hello Dear Forum Members!

Lately I’ve been contacted by a lot of buyers who ask me to contact them on s***e or email. I don’t blame them. I code web animations which require a LOT of discussion and the buyers to save time (their and mine) ask me for a call instead of fiverr chat system.

I’ve read the FAQ and at one place it states that contacting outside Fiverr platform is forbidden. On another place it says that communicating outside the platform is okay if the nature of the work demands it.

I’m confused about which path to take. I’ve lost many potential customers because of this. Because I told them that they had to use Fiverr chat system to communicate.

So the million dollar question is that “is it okay to communicate outside of fiverr and keeping the transactions inside the platform? Discussing the project through Email or s***e and taking orders from the same client on Fiverr platform? Does Fiverr allow this?”

You don’t seem to have any gigs for them to be asking you about. :thinking:

All communication must be done through the Fiverr message system for your sake and the buyer’s.

LOL I’m a Level 1 seller here. Been working for the past year. I’m not sure why you can’t see my gigs.

Is this your profile please: https://www.fiverr.com/ali_farooq ?

favicon.icoFiverr.com DSCN6920.jpg

ali_farooq_'s public profile on Fiverr

Hi, I’m AliI’m a front-end web developer with over 2 years of professional experience in the industry.Based in Pakistan, I freelance for small businesses, start-ups, individuals, and fellow web agencies — all over the world.

There you go. Just an underscore missing at the end.

Lately I’ve been contacted by a lot of buyers who ask me to contact them on s***e or email. I don’t blame them. I code web animations which require a LOT of discussion and the buyers to save time (their and mine) ask me for a call instead of fiverr chat system.

I’ve read the FAQ and at one place it states that contacting outside Fiverr platform is forbidden. On another place it says that communicating outside the platform is okay if the nature of the work demands it.

I’m confused about which path to take. I’ve lost many potential customers because of this. Because I told them that they had to use Fiverr chat system to communicate.

So the million dollar question is that “is it okay to communicate outside of fiverr and keeping the transactions inside the platform? Discussing the project through Email or s***e and taking orders from the same client on Fiverr platform? Does Fiverr allow this?”

So the million dollar question is that “is it okay to communicate outside of fiverr and keeping the transactions inside the platform?

What can you not communicate through this platform that you would send through G-mail? An advantage to staying on platform is that CS can see all if a client accuses you of something nefarious.

So the million dollar question is that “is it okay to communicate outside of fiverr and keeping the transactions inside the platform?

What can you not communicate through this platform that you would send through G-mail? An advantage to staying on platform is that CS can see all if a client accuses you of something nefarious.

Good point newsmike. But I also mentioned s***e didn’t I? 🙂

favicon.icoFiverr.com DSCN6920.jpg

ali_farooq_'s public profile on Fiverr

Hi, I’m AliI’m a front-end web developer with over 2 years of professional experience in the industry.Based in Pakistan, I freelance for small businesses, start-ups, individuals, and fellow web agencies — all over the world.

There you go. Just an underscore missing at the end.

Ah fabulous - thank you - it’s a forum bug - removes underscores and adds 1s! ☀️

Definitely only go through Fiverr messaging!

So are you saying you cannot communicate in writing what you would say in s***e? …

I’m just saying that it is really really quick if my buyers communicate though call on some other platform. And yes sometimes it also becomes necessary because I’ve experienced that in some cases the buyers can’t express him/herself through words. In such cases communication escalates and I also have to do many revisions. In those cases if I have a video call option a lot of this extra work and tension can be avoided.

But I get your point that Fiverr only allows communication through their website. I just wanted to make sure of this since a mistake like this can get my account banned.

I’m just saying that it is really really quick if my buyers communicate though call on some other platform. And yes sometimes it also becomes necessary because I’ve experienced that in some cases the buyers can’t express him/herself through words. In such cases communication escalates and I also have to do many revisions. In those cases if I have a video call option a lot of this extra work and tension can be avoided.

But I get your point that Fiverr only allows communication through their website. I just wanted to make sure of this since a mistake like this can get my account banned.

You can contact CS and get permission to use s***e if you can convince them that it is essential to your gig. Maybe you could try that. Worst they can say is no.

You can contact CS and get permission to use s***e if you can convince them that it is essential to your gig. Maybe you could try that. Worst they can say is no.

Hmmm. I just wish Fiverr implements somekind of call option. I think this should have been implemented long ago.

Noooooo - people can understand me when I type - they would not be able to understand my accent, and I would probably struggle with other peoples’ as well. 😐

You have a point. I guess both approaches have their pros and cons. Yesterday a buyer contacted me and he was very insistent that I call him or something. So I had to confirm what my options are.

Noooooo - people can understand me when I type - they would not be able to understand my accent, and I would probably struggle with other peoples’ as well. 😐

Because on the other platform that I work on, it’s common to have calls with buyers, I started to work on improving my English accent to “sound” more American. It goes well, but it still needs a lot of practice.

Anyways, in my opinion Fiverr is becoming a more professional site, it isn’t what it used to be “cheap work”, now it’s more focused on higher valued orders. Judging by the implementation of milestones, Fiverr pro, available now feature, the delivery samples, I think that getting an option for video/voice call might be implemented in the near future. Personally, I would hate that feature, I prefer contacting people with a text.

Sometimes to orders that are big and require a lot of messages back and forth, it’s easier to go for a phone call. Usually, all of the clients that I had a phone call or real-life communication, they tend to leave awesome reviews, become regulars, and always tip. IMO sometimes a phone call be a good feature, but not in every case, imagine what would happen with the so-called “dears” 🙂

Anyways, just from curiosity, what kind of accent do you speak? Is it Scottish? (really hard to understand)

Because on the other platform that I work on, it’s common to have calls with buyers, I started to work on improving my English accent to “sound” more American. It goes well, but it still needs a lot of practice.

Anyways, in my opinion Fiverr is becoming a more professional site, it isn’t what it used to be “cheap work”, now it’s more focused on higher valued orders. Judging by the implementation of milestones, Fiverr pro, available now feature, the delivery samples, I think that getting an option for video/voice call might be implemented in the near future. Personally, I would hate that feature, I prefer contacting people with a text.

Sometimes to orders that are big and require a lot of messages back and forth, it’s easier to go for a phone call. Usually, all of the clients that I had a phone call or real-life communication, they tend to leave awesome reviews, become regulars, and always tip. IMO sometimes a phone call be a good feature, but not in every case, imagine what would happen with the so-called “dears” 🙂

Anyways, just from curiosity, what kind of accent do you speak? Is it Scottish? (really hard to understand)

Scottish - yes!

Agree about the video/voice calls - text is much easier! 🙂

Because I told them that they had to use Fiverr chat system to communicate.

You can ask customer support if you are allowed to chat outside of fiverr, this but I don’t recommend any type of communication outside of fiverr for your own sake.

Call button may not be MANDATORY but OPTIONAL…

million dollar question is that

I’m a Level 1 seller here. Been working for the past year

Yes. this was the million dollar question. You are working for past year and still in level 1seller. I thought people get level 2 badge after few months.

Okay. You have a good question here and i also notice people that offer s***e gig. Like they are offering business, spiritual or physiological advice and they do that using s***e so how is that possible.

Archived