New Update: Showing the deliveries, reviews, and order amount

gig_freak

I don’t see it, must be rolling out still.

Is it an updated live portfolio? or where do you find it?

On a seller profile page ! I do get this update ! Now any one can check the completed order estimated value. Check mine post in conversation !

Interesting, this seems to be the update after the website downtime today. It looks cool. What do you guys think?

I hate the “Delivered Within” it shows the days while the order was marked as completed, so it counts the revision time in it.

Ughhhhh another update that wasn’t really necessary. I don’t know how clients are going to feel when their order amount is showing, especially for resellers. Another reason why clients are going to hesitate leaving public reviews.

I hate the “Delivered Within” it shows the days while the order was marked as completed, so it counts the revision time in it.

I don’t like it either. Imagine you deliver fairly quickly, then everyone is going to expect a quick delivery without wanting to pay for the extra fast.

giphy.gif.20238d1ac657c4c631dcfdc22cd75251.gif

Ughhhhh another update that wasn’t really necessary. I don’t know how clients are going to feel when their order amount is showing, especially for resellers. Another reason why clients are going to hesitate leaving public reviews.

I don’t like it either. Imagine you deliver fairly quickly, then everyone is going to expect a quick delivery without wanting to pay for the extra fast.

8016f8045d3721d6b2947e919b4910a47b29892b.gif

Maybe this would be a good option for “Pro” or higher priced gigs. I mean the other freelancing platform starting on “U” had this feature a long time ago, but it is a completely different concept.

If you have noticed the exact order amount, isn’t shown, instead, they show estimate $5-$100 (on order that’s worth $120). I guess it’s still in beta.

Correct.

Ah, us poor writers - no live portfolio, no special new profile page! (I know that we can include a snapshot of the article in an image format to have it added to a live portfolio, but that seems like a lot of effort).

You can deliver the article in a “.pdf” format and it would be automatically shown in your live portfolio. Alternatively, in the FAQ section you can post some links from your best work.

You can deliver the article in a “.pdf” format and it would be automatically shown in your live portfolio. Alternatively, in the FAQ section you can post some links from your best work.

You can deliver the article in a “.pdf” format and it would be automatically shown in your live portfolio.

I did not know that - great idea, I think I will do this from now on. Thanks!

BUAHAHAAHAHA, we writers get to keep the details of our orders secret. I know some logo designers that should be having a meltdown on facebook right about now :3

I’m cracking up right now. That’s hilarious! 😂

I suppose both buyers and sellers will have a meltdown. The whole privacy thing.

Truth be told, if I see everyone is buying the lower priced gigs, I’ll be kinda hesitant about buying higher priced gig.

On the other hand, if everyone is buying higher priced gig, I may be intimidated. If I don’t have that much to spend, I may go with someone else.

I’m cracking up right now. That’s hilarious! 😂

I suppose both buyers and sellers will have a meltdown. The whole privacy thing.

Truth be told, if I see everyone is buying the lower priced gigs, I’ll be kinda hesitant about buying higher priced gig.

On the other hand, if everyone is buying higher priced gig, I may be intimidated. If I don’t have that much to spend, I may go with someone else.

When you think about it, this literally damages sales for sellers. Imagine if the standard or basic package logo looks almost as good as the premium…I’d stick to the standard or basic.

When you think about it, this literally damages sales for sellers. Imagine if the standard or basic package logo looks almost as good as the premium…I’d stick to the standard or basic.

The only difference is that in my higher packages, I do offer multiple banners. Usually, if you want extra things you should contact me for a custom offer. lol 🙂

Imagine if the standard or basic package logo looks almost as good as the premium

That´s and an interesting way to see it.

I think the cost shouldn’t affect the quality. Instead, other factors should be affected. Such as type/amount of work involved, delivery time, number of revisions, many other things…but not quality.

8016f8045d3721d6b2947e919b4910a47b29892b.gif

Agreed.

Interesting point!

@eoinfinnegan Pinned cos new features r kool - you crackmeup

As I mentioned in a previous thread, this update, while a good initiative, will bring more harm than good for sellers.
It isn’t a buyer’s business how much a seller earns per delivery, and I think not all buyers would like others to see how much they paid for. All in all, orders are different from one another and each buyer has a different situation.
This is just unprofessional in my opinion - I do understand the thought behind it, but I don’t think it’s a good idea as others have mentioned.

We should at least have the option to disable this.

I am glad this is not on writer profiles.

I have a feedback from an order that was placed back in 2015 (the guy kept forgetting to give me the information and we kinda forgot about it as gigs disappear from the list about a month or two)

Would say ‘delivered within 2 years’

This is the worst update I ever saw.

Showing your deliveries that are years old, showing the amount for orders, this is ridiculous! Every project is different, our prices and quality are changing day by day. We should be able to control that.
The person/s who proposed and implemented this update have no idea about freelancer’s industry.
I also noticed the report button flag. So, we should expect some massive reports from the competition.

I am totally disappointed.

Ah, us poor writers - no live portfolio, no special new profile page! (I know that we can include a snapshot of the article in an image format to have it added to a live portfolio, but that seems like a lot of effort).

You can upload PDFs from the ‘edit gig’ page.

Archived