Now I'm having Fiverr dreams (not to be confused with fever dreams)

Guest the_possumist

Guest the_possumist

This, in itself, doesn’t surprise me. I’ve always been a vivid dreamer, and I’m especially prone to anxiety dreams when starting a new job.

When I worked in a department store, I dreamt about my cash register missing money. The regional manager would appear and tell me to count it down again, but I would lose track halfway through and have to start over. 😣

When I worked in a bakery, I dreamt about smudging cupcake frosting… big, thumb-sized smudges in the middle of a customer’s fresh cupcake. The customer would threaten to call the health department which seemed like a valid move in these dreams. 🤮

When I started working at a residential facility, I dreamt about giving residents the wrong medications or multiple doses of the correct medications which inevitably lead to them being rushed to the hospital. ☠️

So, yeah, I wasn’t surprised to dream about Fiverr two and a half months after embarking as a seller here. What shocked the 💩

At this point, I feel obligated to clarify that this was, specifically, a Fiverr FORUM dream. Yes, you lovely people have nestled yourselves into my psyche. :crazy_face: It’s kind of like the forum is a friendly, supportive version of that brain parasite that makes rats want to hang out with cats… I totally mean that as a compliment… You know, like y’all make me want to venture outside my comfort zone and actually interact with strangers in a way that might be productive. Thanks for that. :hugs:

Anybody else have Fiverr dreams? Main site or forum? Anybody??

This, in itself, doesn’t surprise me. I’ve always been a vivid dreamer, and I’m especially prone to anxiety dreams when starting a new job.

When I worked in a department store, I dreamt about my cash register missing money. The regional manager would appear and tell me to count it down again, but I would lose track halfway through and have to start over. 😣

When I worked in a bakery, I dreamt about smudging cupcake frosting… big, thumb-sized smudges in the middle of a customer’s fresh cupcake. The customer would threaten to call the health department which seemed like a valid move in these dreams. 🤮

When I started working at a residential facility, I dreamt about giving residents the wrong medications or multiple doses of the correct medications which inevitably lead to them being rushed to the hospital. ☠️

So, yeah, I wasn’t surprised to dream about Fiverr two and a half months after embarking as a seller here. What shocked the 💩

At this point, I feel obligated to clarify that this was, specifically, a Fiverr FORUM dream. Yes, you lovely people have nestled yourselves into my psyche. :crazy_face: It’s kind of like the forum is a friendly, supportive version of that brain parasite that makes rats want to hang out with cats… I totally mean that as a compliment… You know, like y’all make me want to venture outside my comfort zone and actually interact with strangers in a way that might be productive. Thanks for that. :hugs:

Anybody else have Fiverr dreams? Main site or forum? Anybody??

It was a happy dream!

You’re lucky, for I have only had bad dreams 😱

There might have been flash mob performing an intricate dance routine. 💃

Was I there, too? I must have been 🐕

I think most of the “Fiverrians” have had at least a Fiverr- or Forum-related dream at one point in time - here are some of my dreams nightmares:

• getting so many orders that I can’t cope and they start all running late
  • one forum member buying from me to cancel afterwards
  • getting face to face with a troublesome buyer and… better not tell you how it ended 👀
  • getting hacked and losing money a second time
  • having my account blocked/removed by CS without any reason
  • getting my first Late warning (I still have this dream once in a while, for I’ve never had a Late warning in over 7 years #record)

The list keeps on going - you’ll have a lot of dreams throughout the years; whether they’ll be nightmares or not, that’s entirely up to you 👁️

It was a happy dream!

I think most of the “Fiverrians” have had at least a Fiverr- or Forum-related dream at one point in time - here are some of my dreams nightmares:

• getting face to face with a troublesome buyer and… better not tell you how it ended 👀
  • getting my first Late warning (I still have this dream once in a while, for I’ve never had a Late warning in over 7 years #record)

The list keeps on going - you’ll have a lot of dreams throughout the years; whether they’ll be nightmares or not, that’s entirely up to you 👁️

That’s interesting…in my dreams I am still a kid or a teen going to school or college and my dad’s still around, it’s like the last 15-18 years never happened. I just keep getting dreams of my early years. Don’t think I have had even one dream in which I was an adult. So my typical nightmare would be like there’s a “Strength of Materials” exam of my 2nd semester Engineering tomorrow and I haven’t studied at all…

That’s interesting…in my dreams I am still a kid or a teen going to school or college and my dad’s still around, it’s like the last 15-18 years never happened. I just keep getting dreams of my early years. Don’t think I have had even one dream in which I was an adult. So my typical nightmare would be like there’s a “Strength of Materials” exam of my 2nd semester Engineering tomorrow and I haven’t studied at all…

Ha, that’s so interesting - I keep having this regular nightmare that I’m still in college, and I failed the math exam because I had not learned a thing.

The curious thing is that this particular nightmare always makes me wanna grab a math book and learn something when I wake up, it’s like a true passion/desire to learn. The power a dream can have on your life & brain…

Guest the_possumist

It was a happy dream!

getting hacked and losing money a second time

I got caught up on the “hacked” part and my brain went with the “to pieces” interpretation at first. 🔪 I was legit horrified for you. But the other kind is definitely stressful too!

getting so many orders that I can’t cope and they start all running late

This is exactly the kind of dream I would expect for myself. Instead, I got a very pleasant one. Way to throw myself a curve ball 😏

I just keep getting dreams of my early years. Don’t think I have had even one dream in which I was an adult.

Hmmm, that’s interesting! I read a theory recently that posited that dreams function (partially, at least) to prepare you for potential stress in your daily life. Maybe your childhood/teens left you more stressed out than your adulthood? pulls out notepad and fake therapist license

Guest the_possumist

Ha, that’s so interesting - I keep having this regular nightmare that I’m still in college, and I failed the math exam because I had not learned a thing.

The curious thing is that this particular nightmare always makes me wanna grab a math book and learn something when I wake up, it’s like a true passion/desire to learn. The power a dream can have on your life & brain…

I have that one too! Except it’s usually a science course, and I’m failing because I never showed up for any classes or exams. 😨

getting hacked and losing money a second time

I got caught up on the “hacked” part and my brain went with the “to pieces” interpretation at first. 🔪 I was legit horrified for you. But the other kind is definitely stressful too!

getting so many orders that I can’t cope and they start all running late

This is exactly the kind of dream I would expect for myself. Instead, I got a very pleasant one. Way to throw myself a curve ball 😏

I just keep getting dreams of my early years. Don’t think I have had even one dream in which I was an adult.

Hmmm, that’s interesting! I read a theory recently that posited that dreams function (partially, at least) to prepare you for potential stress in your daily life. Maybe your childhood/teens left you more stressed out than your adulthood? pulls out notepad and fake therapist license

Maybe your childhood/teens left you more stressed out than your adulthood?

True that, that was a stressful time for me. Adulthood has been a breeze, time just seems to fly by 🙂

My book club read Through the Woods by Emily Caroll.

This led to a discussion of why some people fear the woods, which led to a discussion of Big Foot being one of the fears in the woods. :rofl:

What a silly dream.

This led to a discussion of why some people fear the woods

If you live long enough in the woods, alone, like I have, you won’t be afraid of it anymore 😛 You’ll be expecting Big Foot to finally have some guests 😃

I’m now excited whenever I see a porcupine, a pheasant, a rabbit, a fox, a bat, etc. Still waiting on Big Foot, though 🙂

This led to a discussion of why some people fear the woods

If you live long enough in the woods, alone, like I have, you won’t be afraid of it anymore 😛 You’ll be expecting Big Foot to finally have some guests 😃

I’m now excited whenever I see a porcupine, a pheasant, a rabbit, a fox, a bat, etc. Still waiting on Big Foot, though 🙂

I live in a city in the mountains of Montana and visit the woods. I am not a camper so I do not go there at night. However, even though I live in a town of 40,000, moose, deer, bears and even mountain lions wander into town. But I have only had the deer in my yard. I have not heard of Big Foot visiting though. Although a guy in a Big Foot costume got hit by a car while he was walking along the side of a highway. With all the forest fires we had in Montana this summer, I think I would fear them more.

I live in a city in the mountains of Montana and visit the woods. I am not a camper so I do not go there at night. However, even though I live in a town of 40,000, moose, deer, bears and even mountain lions wander into town. But I have only had the deer in my yard. I have not heard of Big Foot visiting though. Although a guy in a Big Foot costume got hit by a car while he was walking along the side of a highway. With all the forest fires we had in Montana this summer, I think I would fear them more.

Although a guy in a Big Foot costume got hit by a car while he was walking along the side of a highway.

Well, I bet Big Foot saw it all, so there’s no chance for it to come out now, nor ever 👀 It’s too dangerous out there for it 😃

I dream of Fiverr all the time. I have an order which I can’t deliver or I realize in horror that I have just downloaded the entire Internet, put it on a usb stick and lost it.

By and large, however, I’m much happier with such dreams in comparison to the dreams I used to have about being in meetings and suddenly realizing that I have forgotten to put any clothes on. Sometimes, after all, that’s actually how I roll when I work from home.

It was a happy dream!

getting face to face with a troublesome buyer and… better not tell you how it ended 👀

10372219_10152887915282025_3628243543861875964_n.jpg.c62aeeedc9eae6d29af3ed47ee71047b.jpg

This photo was sent as a reply to me, it’s made by Woofilius.

getting face to face with a troublesome buyer and… better not tell you how it ended 👀

10372219_10152887915282025_3628243543861875964_n

This photo was sent as a reply to me, it’s made by Woofilius.

I will always cherish that photo 😃

First, because it reminds me of Fiverr’s sheep background image from the early days. Secondly, because it was actually made by a dear Fiverr friend of mine who isn’t on the forum anymore 😦 And lastly, because I love sheep!

– and because it’s so me!

I will always cherish that photo 😃

First, because it reminds me of Fiverr’s sheep background image from the early days. Secondly, because it was actually made by a dear Fiverr friend of mine who isn’t on the forum anymore 😦 And lastly, because I love sheep!

– and because it’s so me!

Interesting. I don’t remember that photo, it wasn’t here early 2014.

Why don’t you make it into a poster, and then frame it in your office? Whenever you need to deal with anger, or you had one of the dears attack you in your messages, you can always look at it, and start feeling happy again. Okay, maybe now I sound weird. 🙂

Interesting. I don’t remember that photo, it wasn’t here early 2014.

Why don’t you make it into a poster, and then frame it in your office? Whenever you need to deal with anger, or you had one of the dears attack you in your messages, you can always look at it, and start feeling happy again. Okay, maybe now I sound weird. 🙂

I don’t remember that photo, it wasn’t here early 2014.

I was actually speaking of the 2010-early period 👀 as in the Fiverr’s children playground era 👀

fiverr_550pixels.jpg.878b53583efb13621d1132f2f6e8d0b6.jpg

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAeQAAAAJDlkNmYxNmRkLTc5YjEtNGI0YS1iOTQ2LTNkOGVjYmJhOGE2Mg.png.d005c7b3a1894458ea602d96069fd5f6.png

– I think I need to go count some sheep now 💤

I dream of Fiverr all the time. I have an order which I can’t deliver or I realize in horror that I have just downloaded the entire Internet, put it on a usb stick and lost it.

By and large, however, I’m much happier with such dreams in comparison to the dreams I used to have about being in meetings and suddenly realizing that I have forgotten to put any clothes on. Sometimes, after all, that’s actually how I roll when I work from home.

Cy,

You need a vacation. A real, get away from 5r and freelancing for at least a week. Those are awful dreams, your mind is telling you something.

I used to have all sorts of embarrassing dreams when I was in college - it comes from fear of failure.

Now I have violent dreams of getting shot at or being in an elevator to nowhere. I wish I knew why I was having these dreams. My job is decent, boring but not too stressful. I make a decent income with good benefits. I should be on ☁️ - but instead I’m sad every day. When I see the sun shining every morning, I feel like crying. Weird.

Taking vacations doesn’t work for me, hopefully, it will for you.

Cy,

You need a vacation. A real, get away from 5r and freelancing for at least a week. Those are awful dreams, your mind is telling you something.

I used to have all sorts of embarrassing dreams when I was in college - it comes from fear of failure.

Now I have violent dreams of getting shot at or being in an elevator to nowhere. I wish I knew why I was having these dreams. My job is decent, boring but not too stressful. I make a decent income with good benefits. I should be on ☁️ - but instead I’m sad every day. When I see the sun shining every morning, I feel like crying. Weird.

Taking vacations doesn’t work for me, hopefully, it will for you.

I really need to take your advice, too, about the vacation… I mean, these 7+ years on Fiverr have made me a little robot, with fried circuit boards and all…

Do you know what my worst nightmare is? It isn’t Fiverr-related, but it started a couple years ago and keeps repeating ever since once in a while:

It’s about me waking up without my sense of hearing, and after panicking I wake up again, and only after the second wake up I really wake up (yup, dream in a dream, and being conscious in my dream about the previous dream)

There was only one occasion that freaked me out, when it was a bit different: I woke up without hearing, to then wake up once more but alone, then woke up a third time in an empty city, and finally woke up for real.

That was the worst it got, dream in a dream in a dream while being conscious at each level of the dreams - my brain was literally exhausted when I had waken up for real, and had difficulty getting back to reality 😦

I took sleeping pills for a while after that particular moment, for it messed up with my head quite a bit… I literally thought it would be like a never-ending loop, brain prison or smth…

I really need to take your advice, too, about the vacation… I mean, these 7+ years on Fiverr have made me a little robot, with fried circuit boards and all…

Do you know what my worst nightmare is? It isn’t Fiverr-related, but it started a couple years ago and keeps repeating ever since once in a while:

It’s about me waking up without my sense of hearing, and after panicking I wake up again, and only after the second wake up I really wake up (yup, dream in a dream, and being conscious in my dream about the previous dream)

There was only one occasion that freaked me out, when it was a bit different: I woke up without hearing, to then wake up once more but alone, then woke up a third time in an empty city, and finally woke up for real.

That was the worst it got, dream in a dream in a dream while being conscious at each level of the dreams - my brain was literally exhausted when I had waken up for real, and had difficulty getting back to reality 😦

I took sleeping pills for a while after that particular moment, for it messed up with my head quite a bit… I literally thought it would be like a never-ending loop, brain prison or smth…

I had a bad dream once, the first day that I took my driving classes, it was having difficulties driving. I woke up “frozen”, I couldn’t move for two minutes. After talking to my doctor, she said it was due to a stress of driving. Now although I have a drivers license, I am not comfortable to drive, because that dream made me hate cars. 🙂

Luckily, the public transport is good and free for students, so I don’t need to drive.

WOW, my English sucks when I am tired. :sleeping_bed:

I had a bad dream once, the first day that I took my driving classes, it was having difficulties driving. I woke up “frozen”, I couldn’t move for two minutes. After talking to my doctor, she said it was due to a stress of driving. Now although I have a drivers license, I am not comfortable to drive, because that dream made me hate cars. 🙂

Luckily, the public transport is good and free for students, so I don’t need to drive.

:rofl:

Well, I guess it’s that time of the day again for me, too: 💤

See you in my dream, just make sure you don’t hit me with your car while I transition from one dream to another - don’t wanna get stuck in there 😅

:rofl:

Well, I guess it’s that time of the day again for me, too: 💤

See you in my dream, just make sure you don’t hit me with your car while I transition from one dream to another - don’t wanna get stuck in there 😅

Nope, you won’t dream that, because as of now you know that I hate to drive. 😉

Although you might have a dream of me yelling at you “Brace yourself, the dears are coming” or just deer as they are the metaphor for dears. And you would wake up all sweaty, and say “Oh dear, it was just a dream”.

Archived