What amount do you guys think a full time Fiverr seller must earn

agwakash

For India, I think you can set the mark at $500. That’s about the same a Software Engineer of 1yr experience working in a medium size company earns.

I would say $1000, especially if you live in a city. If you live in a small town or a small city then $500 is fine. That’s why I want to move to a small town like Rishikesh or Haridwar at some stage, one with lots of greenery, sufficient water and relaxed lifestyle, and not too over crowded.

I would say $1000, especially if you live in a city. If you live in a small town or a small city then $500 is fine. That’s why I want to move to a small town like Rishikesh or Haridwar at some stage, one with lots of greenery, sufficient water and relaxed lifestyle, and not too over crowded.

Yes, I said $500 keeping Tier 2 cities and relatively modest lifestyle in mind 😉

In Major Indian cities $1000 too may not be sufficient. Heck! even $10000 is not sufficient in South Bombay precinct. 😄

For Slovenia I would say you need $1500 as minimum standard for full time Fiverring. 😉 As after taxes you would get out around $800.

For Slovenia I would say you need $1500 as minimum standard for full time Fiverring. 😉 As after taxes you would get out around $800.

Damn! That’s lot of taxes.

I think you choose how much you want to earn.
You are working on your own business and have the freedom to choose.

I say a freelancer should earn as much as he needs to achieve his goals. You start from the minimum wage of the country you live in. But don’t stop there. If you are a full-time freelancer you chose this because working for yourself will exceed the earnings that you would have working a day job.

Always aim high and expand. Tell people what you do, break through in the online medium but also locally. Advertise!

Yes, I said $500 keeping Tier 2 cities and relatively modest lifestyle in mind 😉

In Major Indian cities $1000 too may not be sufficient. Heck! even $10000 is not sufficient in South Bombay precinct. 😄

Yes, true that…depends on many factors - whether you are married and have children, do you have a house of your own or do you live in a rented house, do you commute daily to work, are you debt-free or do you have debts/pay EMI etc. [Most important - do you or does any of your family members have a serious medical condition - that could be the biggest expense for anyone in India. Do you have aged parents who need your support? These are the only two things I personally worry about.]

Realistically it depends on how long you have been on fiverr. If you can earn at least $1000 a month within your first year you are doing well but it should increase beyond that each year up to a point. If you can survive on less per month that’s ok too.

Within two years it should be equal to what you could earn in a regular job where you live.

It can take that long to build up enough of a good reputation to earn a serious amount.

My situation is I started earning big money from my first month, was made TRS in 1 year and continue to earn at the same level. My earnings have been pretty much the same through the 4 years I have been here. (I earned slightly more on an average in my 2nd year and also worked harder - that was because I had a much shorter delivery time then.)

Damn! That’s lot of taxes.

Yea, quite a lot. :stuck_out_tongue: But in Slovenia, those taxes include national retirement fond, free health care for everyone, free schools (kindergarten, elementary school, high school and university) and other social things. 😉

Taxes take out a lot of your earnings in the US as a self employed person, up to 25%, or even more if you make over $70,000 a year. So to say that for example $5000 is a lot is not really true if you are paying 25% taxes and use all of what is left for normal living expenses.

We have a progressive tax rate - I pay taxes for a part of my income at 30%. Rest at 20% and 10%.

We have a progressive tax rate - I pay taxes for a part of my income at 30%. Rest at 20% and 10%.

Our progressive tax rate is 10%, 15% then 25% over $37,000 a year.

If you work for an employer, you have the employer paying half of your federal taxes so it’s not as bad. It comes out of your paycheck, the half that you owe.

If you work for an employer, you have the employer paying half of your federal taxes so it’s not as bad. It comes out of your paycheck, the half that you owe.

Sadly, for those of us who are self-employed (like Fiverr sellers) having to pay both halves of the self-employment tax is quite painful!

In my country, we are only supposed to pay 10% of personal income tax, and if you wish to have “free healthcare” and “state pension” you need to set-up a company or register your self as a person-company (currently, there isn’t a law for freelancing), and then the taxes are around 20% of your income. It is a flat-rate income tax, if I am correct it is the lowest rate in all of Europe.

@matevzs1 I had no clue that the taxes in Slovenia were that high. I know that in Sweden and Denmark the taxes are up to 61%.

For India, I think you can set the mark at $500. That’s about the same a Software Engineer of 1yr experience working in a medium size company earns.

How about Vrindavan?

My country Tax rates are:

1. 5% - $4000-$8000
  2. 20% - $8000-$16000
  3. 30% - Income Above $16000

Guest mizanalmim

Depends on country, social status, type of service provided, etc. But wherever you live and whatever service you provide, $2000-3000 per month should be good enough to lead a minimal life in 2017.

What amount a person must be earning if he is working full time on Fiverr.

I understand it depends on type of service he is selling and other things as well.

But what’s the average income that if you earn, you can consider opting fiverr as full time career.

I understand it depends on type of service he is selling and other things as well.

It depends on what services a seller is providing.

It’s like i don’t read the description at all

$1000-2000 is considered good income in Pakistan…

$2000 is 10time higher in Pakistan. All of my Pakistani friends (who work offline) income are around $200 accept few friends.

It depends on what services a seller is providing.

It’s like i don’t read the description at all

$1000-2000 is considered good income in Pakistan…

$2000 is 10time higher in Pakistan. All of my Pakistani friends (who work offline) income are around $200 accept few friends.

I would have to earn $300 per week in order to survive here in Canada.

I’m blessed with a higher-earning partner, but if I can’t “pull my weight” financially, I will have to get a 9-5 job. He would like me to make at least $300 per week, which is pretty much minimum wage earnings for a week.

Archived