First Negative Feedback Experience

wasi0013

Its been 2 months on Fiverr, completed 10 orders so far… Hence became a level 1 seller. Well, on my 9th order (a custom order that came to me through message), I failed to deliver on time. I have completed almost 70-75% of the task. The project was marked as late and then, Fiverr was showing a message saying it is ridiculously late which was bothering me a lot. 😕

So, I decided to send all what I have done since the beginning of the project to my buyer and, give him/her the idea. I didn’t marked it as delivered though. I just attached all of my resources, codes & design and told that this is my progress so far.
And right after that message with all the attachments, the order was marked as cancelled by the buyer! Leaving me an automatic review of 1 star.
I sent a message apologizing for the cancelled order also, asking him/her did he/she received all the files that I’ve sent also, to let me know if she/he need anything else regarding the cancelled order.

The buyer did contact me 1 or 2 days later on his/her own, and asked me about the project details i.e. how much of the project did I complete in percentage. How many days it would require me/ or any other programmer/coder to complete this task… etc He/she also asked me to send a review modification request as well.
(Even though, I never asked him/her for modification/a change in the review or, anything! )

I checked the order page and I couldn’t find any resolution center there. So, I created a ticket and contacted fiverr customer support telling them the situation.

I would love to share the conversation of me and fiverr customer support

wasi0013 Tuesday at 17:40
My order got cancelled due to late delivery even though I have delivered most of the work. And, the buyer left a negative review as well. After that the buyer messaged me, and we discussed about it. The buyer is asking me for opening a dispute so that he/she can edit/remove his/her review on my gig.
But, I can’t find any option in the order page.

buyer_wants_to_modify_or_remove_review.png (60 KB)

Kim Tuesday at 21:54
Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us about this. When an order becomes very late, your buyer gets the option to cancel the order on his end, and this gives you an automatic negative feedback.

Unfortunately, we cannot remove the feedback on this order for you. When a buyer leaves feedback, they are not just rating your delivery, they are rating their experience with you as a seller. In this particular case, the system leaves feedback on behalf of your buyer, since the option to leave feedback is not available for a non-delivery.

When buyers order from a seller, they are expecting delivery by the specific date and are really looking forward to a great experience with their seller. We take our buyers’ experiences very seriously. In future, please use the Resolution Center to request a time extension or a mutual cancellation.

Keep in mind that it is against Fiverr’s policies for Sellers to solicit feedback changes from Buyers in exchange for refunds, discounts, upgrades or any other type of additional benefit.

I hope this clears things up. Please review our Feedback and Ratings article for further information.

After, the incident, my gig view fall drastically, I wonder how to recover from it and, how long the negative review effect will remain…

Good thing is I’ve started to get some positive feedback again… 🙂

Sorry to hear that.

A cancelled order stays in your profile for 60 days.

Since you are already getting positive feedback and actually there is no way to get rid of the negative one, so you better move on and forget about is (but not the lessons learned from it).

I hope your gig position recovers soon 🙂

Cancelled order will be visible in the gig forever. It will remain in Analytics section for 60 days. This does not mean that the negative impact will end after 60 days. All you have to do is to perform better and get more positive feedback.

Yes, I understood! Maybe It’s because of the rating as well. My overall rating seems to be 4.7 right now. One of my gig has 4 star rating (3 positive 1 negative feedback) the other one is still 5.0(with 7 positive feedback)
Both of my gigs are not appearing in the first page anymore I guess this is the reason why I’m getting lesser custom orders nowadays. 🙁

Cancelled order will be visible in the gig forever. It will remain in Analytics section for 60 days. This does not mean that the negative impact will end after 60 days. All you have to do is to perform better and get more positive feedback.

Yah, I know the review will stay forever, but what I meant was it had effects on the gig as long as its in the analytics, which I thought to be correct.

Thanks for the insight 🙂

• 2 months later...

Archived