How can I stop pre-order messages?

fastcopywriter

Of course, there are lots of variables in terms of what works for different sellers, different gigs, different buyers etc.

What we are talking about here is the OP’s gigs. Similar to you, most of my orders are not $5 and so I accept and encourage people to contact me first if they are unsure but that does not work for lower priced gigs.

An exception for my services regarding contact first would be when people contact me asking “Can you translate 1000 words from Italian to English” or similar when my gig description clearly states that I can and will. In that case, it would be better for the buyer to just order and not waste time with a message first.

I don’t think so that any order can happens without any communication. Topic talks about pre order communication , it means the seller is ready to communicate after order ? How he will communicate after order if he don’t want to communicate before order?

Frankly speaking , this is just a tactic to take more orders but believe me this will decrease the sale and may result to no sale at all , You can experiment it with two gigs , one gig offer pre order consultation and other gig have written this that just order no messages please , than compare the sales .

Or if you are trying to give attention to only the people who are buying and offend the buyer who is messaging that don’t waste my time please then this is ethically wrong and even it will put your repute in danger. Just implement it practically and compare results .

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think so that any order can happens without any communication. Topic talks about pre order communication , it means the seller is ready to communicate after order ? How he will communicate after order if he don’t want to communicate before order?

Frankly speaking , this is just a tactic to take more orders but believe me this will decrease the sale and may result to no sale at all , You can experiment it with two gigs , one gig offer pre order consultation and other gig have written this that just order no messages please , than compare the sales .

Or if you are trying to give attention to only the people who are buying and offend the buyer who is messaging that don’t waste my time please then this is ethically wrong and even it will put your repute in danger. Just implement it practically and compare results .

I get orders without first talking to a buyer but if you see my average sales compared to average sale price when they are custom orders, which only happen if there is a message from a buyer first, the amount of the average sale is double.

Plenty of orders happen without communication. Many people just place an order and then leave a review (or not) when it is delivered. It is the way Fiverr was built and sets it apart from other platforms. As Fiverr price points have gone up, messages have become more commonplace but in the past it did not happen often.

As for your experiment, that is a little pointless. If the OP really wanted to not receive messages he could just be blatantly rude in his gig description. What he actually wants is to encourage people to just place orders so we are discussing ways of managing this. It is possible to influence user behavior through the words you use and the way you lay things out, that is what we are really trying to establish for the OP; how to word his descriptions to make people click order instead of message - I offered an alternative where he seeks payment for his consultation time which is also a possible solution.

@fastcopywriter @misscrystal @eoinfinnegan @prroducer99plus @uxreview

Imagine yourself or any rational person , You are going to take services of an auto mechanic , what you will do ? Either you just straight away pay for it and ask any mechanic in market to do experiments on your favourite A8 or first you will confirm about best mechanic for your Audi and then do discussion with him to confirm about it whether he has sufficient expertise for it ?

If you are thinking like this that people directly order you without any discussion with you then you are going to lose your place in any market in the world not just in fiverr.

Be honest and ask yourself , Will you ever spend money on anything without getting know about it ?

Most of the People will always ask you first , do discussion with you and then they will place order if they will find you perfect for their task otherwise if you are not available for replying to messages then try to find a business in which you will not have to answer customers inquiries and honestly you will not find any single business like this.

Hope you will develop rational approach !

Thanks

waqas

You should read my posts before replying 😉

Plenty of orders happen without communication. Many people just place an order and then leave a review (or not) when it is delivered. It is the way Fiverr was built and sets it apart from other platforms. As Fiverr price points have gone up, messages have become more commonplace but in the past it did not happen often.

As for your experiment, that is a little pointless. If the OP really wanted to not receive messages he could just be blatantly rude in his gig description. What he actually wants is to encourage people to just place orders so we are discussing ways of managing this. It is possible to influence user behavior through the words you use and the way you lay things out, that is what we are really trying to establish for the OP; how to word his descriptions to make people click order instead of message - I offered an alternative where he seeks payment for his consultation time which is also a possible solution.

Fine, You may be right in your ideas but what i have learnt from all my experiences and business studies that communication is so important in getting great business deals otherwise you will only continue to sale just $5 gig and no custom order at all .

Like my gig is of $10 but i have 99% orders more than $50 so if i write this in my gig then i m going to make my huge loss.

So in nutshell , if you are happy with just $5 gig sale then continue with this strategy and even in this most of buyers will want first message then order even in buying $5 gig so remaining may directly buy your gig first .

I have this theory that Fiverr can make you more money when your packages are priced for the poor, the middle class, and the rich.

I don’t know how to say this in a sensitive sounding way…

Why try to accomodate the poor…are they really your demographic target group?

You end up spending way too much time for too little money. And lots of times they are not really poor, just miserly. And to sound even more insensitive, this group, not the poor but those who only want to spend $5 or $10, are the most annoying, since their focus is on spending that little bit of money, and being angry about having to do it.

I couldn’t do this at all if I had to try to sell mostly $5 or $10 gigs. I spend way too much time answering questions and messages. I paid those dues the first two or three years here.

Absolutely. People of all economic levels need brand names, e-mails, Facebook ads, headlines, etc. You don’t have to be rich to start an online business. If someone has $100, that’s enough to get a brand name, website, logo, hire a content writer (not me), and spend some money advertising it.

Besides, a $10 order can result in positive reviews, a better ranking, etc.

Happy birthday dear!

Absolutely. People of all economic levels need brand names, e-mails, Facebook ads, headlines, etc. You don’t have to be rich to start an online business. If someone has $100, that’s enough to get a brand name, website, logo, hire a content writer (not me), and spend some money advertising it.

Besides, a $10 order can result in positive reviews, a better ranking, etc.

I am not saying the poor can’t be involved in ecommerce. I am saying I don’t see the reason to go after those sales that only pay you $4. You need a lot of them to make it worth your time to be here.

I wouldn’t want to have to spend time answering questions either if my sales were $4 ones.

If you are newer on fiverr that makes sense to put in the time for lower priced sales.

@fastcopywriter @misscrystal @eoinfinnegan @prroducer99plus @uxreview

Imagine yourself or any rational person , You are going to take services of an auto mechanic , what you will do ? Either you just straight away pay for it and ask any mechanic in market to do experiments on your favourite A8 or first you will confirm about best mechanic for your Audi and then do discussion with him to confirm about it whether he has sufficient expertise for it ?

If you are thinking like this that people directly order you without any discussion with you then you are going to lose your place in any market in the world not just in fiverr.

Be honest and ask yourself , Will you ever spend money on anything without getting know about it ?

Most of the People will always ask you first , do discussion with you and then they will place order if they will find you perfect for their task otherwise if you are not available for replying to messages then try to find a business in which you will not have to answer customers inquiries and honestly you will not find any single business like this.

Hope you will develop rational approach !

Thanks

waqas

You are going to take services of an auto mechanic , what you will do ?

I just go to the closest mechanic near my home. I might call before I show up, just to make sure they can serve me. Mechanics can get busy.

The last time I went, they made me wait and after 5 minutes, I got in my car and left. I’m never doing business with them again because they have a waiting room but no secretary, no one to call the mechanic for you. It’s a very low class place.

So I went to one of those mechanic chains, Jiffy Lube. That place was professional, the waiting room was nice, they had procedures to welcome to customer, etc.

Besides, we cannot compare the offline world to the online world. Those worlds are very different. If I need a Realtor to sell my house, that’s a huge responsibility. I need to see his track record, read reviews, he has to convince me to give him my business. That’s why new Realtors have a really hard time finding clients. If they’re lucky, they find someone who wants to buy a home or maybe a family member of friend lists with them.

When I create a new gig, I’m very friendly because I have no reviews, so my offer has to be excellent. But once I have reviews, I expect the buyer to just order and not act like I’m a scammer.

Some buyers are super rude, they think sellers pay for reviews. Paying for reviews on Fiverr is illegal, and if you can’t do the job, those fake reviews won’t help you.

My point is Fiverr needs to do a better job when it comes to educating buyers. They need to teach buyers not to message unless the seller demands it.

Fine, You may be right in your ideas but what i have learnt from all my experiences and business studies that communication is so important in getting great business deals otherwise you will only continue to sale just $5 gig and no custom order at all .

Like my gig is of $10 but i have 99% orders more than $50 so if i write this in my gig then i m going to make my huge loss.

So in nutshell , if you are happy with just $5 gig sale then continue with this strategy and even in this most of buyers will want first message then order even in buying $5 gig so remaining may directly buy your gig first .

communication is so important in getting great business deals otherwise you will only continue to sale just $5 gig and no custom order at all .

Of course communication is important, however it can also be done through an effective gig description, FAQs etc, meaning that pre-order messages are not necessary.

Also, you seem to have some disdain for selling at $5. There are plenty of millionaires out there who have made their money through low ticket items. Always seeking to increase price is not actually a good idea. When you have an established target market, increasing price is only going to alienate them and cause you to need to refocus your whole business.

ask any mechanic in market to do experiments on your favourite A8

I took my Audi to a local mechanic and we were looking at the engine, and he said “what is this, a BMW?” so I do agree you need to ask some questions before hiring someone.

I took my Audi to a local mechanic

Nice! Good taste! 😉

I want them to message me first. I don’t like doing it but it is the reason I earn what I do.

It is half the job. Aside from larger custom orders, it allows me to head off problem buyers sometimes. It’s to see if we are a good fit.

I fear messaging. I fear the buyer getting angry with me and reporting me to Trust & Safety. Even if I’m careful, polite, professional, there’s a danger that CS might take the buyer’s side.

communication is so important in getting great business deals otherwise you will only continue to sale just $5 gig and no custom order at all .

Of course communication is important, however it can also be done through an effective gig description, FAQs etc, meaning that pre-order messages are not necessary.

Also, you seem to have some disdain for selling at $5. There are plenty of millionaires out there who have made their money through low ticket items. Always seeking to increase price is not actually a good idea. When you have an established target market, increasing price is only going to alienate them and cause you to need to refocus your whole business.

True, when I see a queue of 50 to 100, and the minimum package is $4. That’s $200 to $400 minimum. The seller who makes $400 a day could make $144,000 a year. The median salary in America is $50,000.

True, when I see a queue of 50 to 100, and the minimum package is $4. That’s $200 to $400 minimum. The seller who makes $400 a day could make $144,000 a year. The median salary in America is $50,000.

True, when I see a queue of 50 to 100, and the minimum package is $4. That’s $200 to $400 minimum. The seller who makes $400 a day

Who can or wants to do 50 to 100 orders a day?

I fear messaging. I fear the buyer getting angry with me and reporting me to Trust & Safety. Even if I’m careful, polite, professional, there’s a danger that CS might take the buyer’s side.

How many times has that happened? It’s never happened to me. I don’t remember ever getting into a heated discussion or argument with a buyer. Sometimes with someone who is asking too many questions and irritates me I get a little testy but then I just end the conversation.

It’s ok, whatever you need to do is ok, but it’s good to develop a cool calm and collected attitude no matter what. It’s fun.

True, when I see a queue of 50 to 100, and the minimum package is $4. That’s $200 to $400 minimum. The seller who makes $400 a day

How many times has that happened? It’s never happened to me. I don’t remember ever getting into a heated discussion or argument with a buyer. Sometimes with someone who is asking too many questions and irritates me I get a little testy but then I just end the conversation.

It’s ok, whatever you need to do is ok, but it’s good to develop a cool calm and collected attitude no matter what. It’s fun.

Someone who’s very fast and willing to work 8-10 hours a day. Of course, If you’re getting 50 to 100 orders a day, you might be delivering in 6 days. I saw a logo designer with 60 in her queue. Even then, the money you’ll be making is amazing, not to mention the people who will pay $20 to $50, even $100 for 1-day delivery.

How many times has that happened?

At least three times, maybe more. CS did teach me how to communicate with sellers better. I learned to avoid ALL CAPS which is “screaming,” exclamation points!, insults, sarcasm, ridicule, basically, I became boring and professional, although sometimes the rebel within me comes out.

it’s good to develop a cool calm and collected attitude no matter what. It’s fun.

That’s what I try to do everyday. I realize now that getting angry with a buyer never fixes the situation.

This is what I got today:

Hi I just launch my shopify storefront, I need to know ho you can help reach my audince.

Hi

Thanks for contacting me. I would be very interested in working with you on this project. Order the gig you need, and remember not to communicate here after you’ve placed your order.

Thank you,

fastcopywriter

Hi, so how can help with markting

I write Facebook ads. That’s how I help with the marketing. I also have other gigs, for google ads, headlines, etc.

ok can you do an ad for facebook for me plz

I can if you order my gig. So please stop messaging, and order my gig.

ok, I was going to order your gig but since you have been rude, I am not.

I’m beyond words at this point. Maybe I should have sent him a custom offer, but I’m tired of those. I’m tired of having to remember all my prices, of click on my gigs to see what they are.

Fiverr is supposed to be so simple, yet some buyers make it complicated.

I need to know ho you can help reach my audience.

Perhaps that person was looking for something more specific. Like an action plan, or the process of making the ad, or what you needed from the client to start…I don´t know. It seems like someone who´s not familiar with marketing and was looking for some information.

PS: I think the stop messaging me was rude. And also understand that it might be annoying when people keep asking things, that you probably have to answer in 8 messages out of 10 per day. But they don´t know that, and it’s not their fault. I think you lost it for a moment. Just try to be patient.

Sometimes, when I get annoyed by some message or comment while still talking about the project, I simply go away, take a deep breath and take the time to answer.

Is not worth it to be upset about something that you don’t even know it is going anywhere.

Archived