Why take away 20% from tips? (solved)

kanishka_w

Raise prices on everything you are not selling. Don’t raise prices on gigs which are selling but predominantly to regulars. (Otherwise you might scare them away.) Add new gig images to gigs you do raise prices on. Get rid of dead gigs and replace them with something completely new and high value.

Then get yourself to bidding sites and you know… Basic marketing pony whipping.

Raise prices on everything you are not selling.

Great idea! It makes it look like the ones that are selling are bargains.

Raise prices on everything you are not selling. Don’t raise prices on gigs which are selling but predominantly to regulars. (Otherwise you might scare them away.) Add new gig images to gigs you do raise prices on. Get rid of dead gigs and replace them with something completely new and high value.

Then get yourself to bidding sites and you know… Basic marketing pony whipping.

I do have some gigs where I haven’t changed the prices, I’ll test your theory with those gigs.

I don’t like the bidding sites, too much competition, too much begging, too much conversation, they’re just not worth it. The scary thing is that my rating has dropped to 4.7, that won’t get me demoted, but I’m 0.1 points from being demoted. It’s just too stressful, sometimes I wish I didn’t care, but I do.

I do have some gigs where I haven’t changed the prices, I’ll test your theory with those gigs.

I don’t like the bidding sites, too much competition, too much begging, too much conversation, they’re just not worth it. The scary thing is that my rating has dropped to 4.7, that won’t get me demoted, but I’m 0.1 points from being demoted. It’s just too stressful, sometimes I wish I didn’t care, but I do.

I don’t like the bidding sites, too much competition, too much begging, too much conversation,

I just tell myself that I’ll like Taco Bell even less.

I don’t like the bidding sites, too much competition, too much begging, too much conversation,

I just tell myself that I’ll like Taco Bell even less.

This happened to me today. I have a gig for $5 and the client ordered the most expensive package, $20.

I’m also trying your strategy of higher prices, but I do wonder if a low price might attract clients that end up spending a lot more than $5. I’ve seen sellers with packages like $5, $20, $40 or $5, $50, $100?

Another thing I’m doing is getting day of 1-day delivery options. While I like the extra money, I find it stressful. I like getting an order and delivering in 2-3 days, not having to rush when I don’t feel like working.

• 2 months later...

Because… if Fiverr didn’t take 20% from tips, some sellers would try to get their buyers to pay for the gigs using tips so they wouldn’t lose the 20%.

Ah, make sense. Same here, i just received my first tip last night, in my second order. Just wondering all night long why i lost the 20% from the tip.

The reason why Fiverr doesn’t let sellers keep 100% tips is because they don’t want sellers working under the table with buyers.
For example someone buys a $5 gig. The seller sneakily tells the buyer “hey if you tip me $50 I’ll do x and x for you.” That means the seller keeps everything without giving proper percentage to Fiverr.

Archived