Fiverr are breaking the law!

flubberfish

The watermark is automatically added by Fiverr and removed when the delivery is accepted.

The watermark is automatically added by Fiverr and removed when the delivery is accepted.

As I told you, you can choose to turn off the watermark as I’m sure you know.

Whatever you are sending as the final delivery, watermarked or not, should be the final product, not a sample that does not match the gig description.

Did you actually ask Fiverr why it was cancelled? I think all this about watermarks is just speculation and the only people who can answer this are support. Did they tell you why it was cancelled. If they said you didnt deliver it this has got nothing to do with watermarks and you can forget about that Unfortunately no one is going to respond well when you make statements like “you are breaking ze law”

I deliver large video files outside of Fiverr and that hasn’t stopped me from delivering it before they accept. You could have put the link to the full video in the delivery comments section, the buyer could have viewed and then accept your delivery afterwards or request for a modification. Asking them to accept a sample in place of a full video isn’t ideal, it’s like you’re holding them hostage. Nothing stops you from sharing the link along with your sample video, not every buyer on fiverr is a scammer!

I always deliver outside of fiverr (as my files are too big), so I always deliver without a watermark. Never had a single cancellation because of that. I understand your point, but it just doesn’t make sense. The vast majority of buyers won’t try to trick you like that, and if you suspect they will just cancel the order and then you don’t need to deliver at all.

I recently had an experience of fiverr breaking the law and refusing to refund a guaranteed product. The word “guarantee” is a legal definition term that they have refused to honor. I have lots of proof in screen shots so I am calling my credit card company tomorrow and also reporting them to the BBB. This company let’s scam artists run free, and many of these scam artists are overseas which makes it even worse. There’s a reason things are so cheap on this website, I learned that the hard way. Never giving Fiverr another dollar of my money.

Not everything is dirt cheap here. I guess you get what you pay for… If you buy a service for 5$ that will take an average person 10 hours to complete, what are you expecting? If it sounds too good to be true, guess what? It probably is. I think Fiverr Academy should have a whole section dedicated to common sense and the economics of working for 50 cents an hour …

Has anyone else experienced Fiverr breaking the law by breaching their own terms of service?

For the past month, Fiverr have been refusing to answer my support tickets in which I have called them out on breaching their own terms of service. They cancelled one of my orders ($65 value) without a reason. They claim I didn’t deliver the order, but I did clearly deliver sufficient ‘proof of work’ (as they say in the terms of service).

It’s not just about the money, it’s the principal of it. Fiverr need to know they can’t get away with breaking their own terms of service and stealing money from their sellers.

If anyone else has experienced this (or anything similar), let me know. We could have a big legal case against them and finally get some justice for freelancers!

Has anyone else experienced Fiverr breaking the law by breaching their own terms of service?

Just to be clear here, Fiverr is a global company so in order to even claim they are “breaking the law” there would have to be a global law applying to all nations that made it illegal for Fiverr to do or not do a particular thing. Even if such a law existed, you’d also need a lawyer who could represent you in an international lawsuit.

If you think Fiverr has done something they shouldn’t have, you have every right to try to discuss it with them. Fiverr is a private company so they really have little to no obligation to discuss it with you if they’ve already decided in the buyer’s favor. I’ve found them to be very willing to try to talk things over if you approach them nicely, though. If you are intent on an international lawsuit instead, just go see if you can find that lawyer instead of using Fiverr’s own forum to make unsubstantiated claims. Best of luck.

Not everything is dirt cheap here. I guess you get what you pay for… If you buy a service for 5$ that will take an average person 10 hours to complete, what are you expecting? If it sounds too good to be true, guess what? It probably is. I think Fiverr Academy should have a whole section dedicated to common sense and the economics of working for 50 cents an hour …

@pedromleitao

SO digging on that statement, but I’m afraid that NO thread on “common sense” will ever do any good as hardly anyone these days knows what it really is or means :rofl:

Archived