We NEED to block buyers

salidarvuelta

The buyer actually said he liked my work and thinks that I’m an excellent designer blah blah but still left 4 stars for all, communication etc.

We all get a few of those. Don’t stress over a 4 star rating. Just keep building and getting mostly 5 stars. Note that having a 4 star rating actually gives you MORE credibility with some buyers. If you’re new and they are all 5 star, many will assume it’s your friends and family ordering. A 4 star is a real buyer.

Move on: Improve your service, refine your deliveries, and keep getting better at what you do. Most of us can continue to improve, no matter how many 5 star orders we have delivered.

If you get 1 or 2 star ratings more than once every few hundred orders, THEN you have a major issue. Also note: If you do enough, you’ll also get a 1 star rating at some point.

Someone will want something for nothing, and you will not do it, and take the one star because you did the work. You’ll get paid and move on. You want to keep those to maybe one in five hundred. If you don’t have a 1 star, you haven’t done enough.

@lisabaarns, thanks for the good advice, its gives me another perspective to think of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am bumping this message because I feel helpless. I have informed a buyer that I don’t want to work for him anymore, and he placed ANOTHER ORDER!. Obviously, I had to cancel it, and this is going to harm my profile for a clumsy 5$ order. FIVERR, WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO BLOCK BUYERS. It’s not safe for us. Sellers have to feel safe as well in this platform, you know.

• 4 months later...

Oh, and I had to go on vacation mode to prevent him to place another order again. This is simply absurd.

Sorry for digging up this thread up. I was searching for some info regarding blocking buyers and saw this. Although on desktop you only have the option to report a buyer, you can block them using the app. This might help you (or other sellers facing the same problem), in case you haven’t figured it out since your last post 🙂

Sorry for digging up this thread up. I was searching for some info regarding blocking buyers and saw this. Although on desktop you only have the option to report a buyer, you can block them using the app. This might help you (or other sellers facing the same problem), in case you haven’t figured it out since your last post 🙂

This, however, doesn’t prevent them from purchasing gigs from you.

This, however, doesn’t prevent them from purchasing gigs from you.

It doesn’t? Then what would be the point of blocking a buyer if they are still able to place orders? :thinking:

So far I’ve blocked 2 buyers, and, fortunately, none of them purchased nor contacted me afterwards.

It doesn’t? Then what would be the point of blocking a buyer if they are still able to place orders? :thinking:

So far I’ve blocked 2 buyers, and, fortunately, none of them purchased nor contacted me afterwards.

He cannot contact you (he can’t send you messages) but I’m pretty sure this will not prevent him from looking for you and purchasing your gigs.

• 4 weeks later...

My only 4* rating was given by some random woman that showed up, ordered a 5$ gig, got it in like 10 minutes, said it was wonderful, marvelous and gave the 4 stars. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she never gives 5 stars for voiceover work. Then she asked me to produce another custom order for another 5$ gig, wich I obviously refused.

That’s ridiculous. What a weird she was.

• 4 months later...

Archived