Fiverr pay to play?

newsmike

But McDonalds sells their burgers for just a few dollars. They rely on a huge volume of sales to recoup the franchise payment etc. They’re on a completely different scale to us here.

They’re on a completely different scale to us here.

Agreed, that’s why I suggested $100 rather than $200,000. I agree with earlier comment that even $5 or $10 might do the job.Or some of the other suggestions are great as well. I’m not married to that idea, just think that something needs to change or we are a strange mix of PRO gigs and meksells.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not sure the $100 charge is the way to go (although I definitely would pay it), however I did like the suggestion of retaining earnings until passing a probation period. Money buyers pay in good faith would be returned to them IN FULL if the seller did not provide his or her advertised product or service.

This way first-time buyers are better protected against losing money and time for trusting Fiverr, and I believe sellers would have reduced lower-quality competition.

Like Mike said before, this is a business and we all need to be pros and invest in ourselves and our business. Amateur Hour does nothing for the clients we serve.

That’s my dos centavos at least. cheers from the sunny Mexican Caribbean and success to you all!

I’m not sure the $100 charge is the way to go (although I definitely would pay it), however I did like the suggestion of retaining earnings until passing a probation period. Money buyers pay in good faith would be returned to them IN FULL if the seller did not provide his or her advertised product or service.

This way first-time buyers are better protected against losing money and time for trusting Fiverr, and I believe sellers would have reduced lower-quality competition.

Like Mike said before, this is a business and we all need to be pros and invest in ourselves and our business. Amateur Hour does nothing for the clients we serve.

That’s my dos centavos at least. cheers from the sunny Mexican Caribbean and success to you all!

Amateur Hour does nothing for the clients we serve.

Bartender, a Tecate for my friend at the end of the bar there.

Well I hope that if Fiverr is going to actually take a move regarding this, I hope that it won’t affect anyone badly. Because i’m sure there’s a middle option where no one will be harmed except those who aren’t taking Fiverr seriously.

Well I hope that if Fiverr is going to actually take a move regarding this

By the way Youssef, you may be the brightest and most professional 15 year old I have ever “met”, I’m sure we’ll all be working for you one day.

Well I hope that if Fiverr is going to actually take a move regarding this

By the way Youssef, you may be the brightest and most professional 15 year old I have ever “met”, I’m sure we’ll all be working for you one day.

Thank you Mr.Mike for your comment. I actually loved the discussion and your suggestion too. I hope the Fiverr team will take it seriously and improve the idea to get it out with the best way it could.

Have a great day! 😄

I feel like it would be beneficial to provide a free account and a paid account for sellers which would obviously come with more perks and even a distinguishing badge in order to say “hey, I’m paying to be here so I mean business”. I would gladly pay even a monthly subscription to Fiverr if that included things like a lower commission rate and even more gig customizations or something.

I feel like a good analogy is dating sites. If you go to a free dating site lookign for the love of your life, you’re gonna run into a lot of people breaking hearts and wanting to hook up. Paying dating sites is a great vetting process. You still run into some duds, but the herd has already been thinned out for you. You can feel confident that you are amongst others with the same mindset.

@youssefkamel

quote=“newsmike, post:35, topic:181442”]

The problem is that the sellers we are talking about would simply have someone else complete the form or write the answers for them. Remember we are talking about the sellers who post profile pics of supermodels and claim to be in countries other than where they are.

These are either the acts of desperate people taking desperate actions or the acts of scammers trying to scam people for five bucks. Either way, up to a point the buyer should be able to sort them out because of their inappropriate use of the English language.

But then there are the sellers who appeared to be legit enough to fool @gina_riley2. So they would have in all probability be able to fill out an application, maybe even be able to come up with $100. I am not sure what the answer is. I just know I would not be here if I had had to pay $100.

But then there are the sellers who appeared to be legit enough t

a lot of complaints here from buyers about these type of sellers.

Mike,

The “meksell” folks may make 5r look bad, but those are the ones any new buyer can spot & avoid.

Buyers get teed off when, as Vicki said above the sneaky snakes that charge hundreds for fake gigs.

I’ve seen sellers here that have great gigs & profile that sell “design” work of some sort with lowest price in the hundreds. Business people give them glowing reviews. Sooner or later, those buyers will figure out that they are using copyrighted, stolen stuff.

One of them will sue 5r, then someone is going to go undercover and 5r will finally be famous on International CNN.

Meksell are harmless. Sneaky, expensive sellers that can afford the $100 or $200 entry fee hurts this site, you and me — way, way more.

I’ve heard even the vetted pros use templates. For a $3 to $6 thousand video or logo, buyers deserve one of a kind, not template

When I first joined Fiverr, I wouldn’t have had the money if it was $100 entry fee. That’s why I joined fiverr after all. I needed extra income. $100 now, might be a different story but that’s due to the income I’ve made from fiverr. I agree with comments about a monthly membership fee at some point even if it’s $5 a month. $60 a year to be on fiverr, is fair for sure.

Guest sophiesvoice

I feel like it would be beneficial to provide a free account and a paid account for sellers which would obviously come with more perks and even a distinguishing badge in order to say “hey, I’m paying to be here so I mean business”. I would gladly pay even a monthly subscription to Fiverr if that included things like a lower commission rate and even more gig customizations or something.

I feel like a good analogy is dating sites. If you go to a free dating site lookign for the love of your life, you’re gonna run into a lot of people breaking hearts and wanting to hook up. Paying dating sites is a great vetting process. You still run into some duds, but the herd has already been thinned out for you. You can feel confident that you are amongst others with the same mindset.

I would gladly pay even a monthly subscription to Fiverr if that included things like a lower commission rate and even more gig customizations or something.

I agree. I have a feeling if Fiverr gave paid subscribers a 7 day clearance on revenue, they’d have some takers.

I would gladly pay even a monthly subscription to Fiverr if that included things like a lower commission rate and even more gig customizations or something.

I agree. I have a feeling if Fiverr gave paid subscribers a 7 day clearance on revenue, they’d have some takers.

7 day clearance would be AMAZING. Again, GLADY pay to receive extra benefits that would benefit me and my business.

Guest sophiesvoice

7 day clearance would be AMAZING. Again, GLADY pay to receive extra benefits that would benefit me and my business.

Thanks for realizing I meant 7 days. 😀

Buyers who can understand the relationship between quality and the price always go for higher prices and quality sellers.

Do you have analytics or proof of this?

What you’re saying is if a seller charges more, I’m guaranteed to get good quality, unplagerized work. I know for a fact, that is not true.

I’ve had $5 Seller give me better quality than $35 sellers.

I don’t have any proof or I never conduct any research on this. This is my experience as a buyer. Most of the times I experienced it. But I know there may have exceptions.

When I first joined Fiverr, I wouldn’t have had the money if it was $100 entry fee. That’s why I joined fiverr after all. I needed extra income. $100 now, might be a different story but that’s due to the income I’ve made from fiverr. I agree with comments about a monthly membership fee at some point even if it’s $5 a month. $60 a year to be on fiverr, is fair for sure.

Don’t they get more when they take their 20% of each of our sales ?

• 2 months later...

in my country (Venezuela) 100$ its a 2 years of Engineer salary… i got double Major on Mechanical and Industrial Engineering… and i dont use many this platform (i want ti use it to make some money for my family), but lots of friends do. if this platform do dat, 100$ annual for enter… you destroy many ways of familys rentail life in a lot of countrys.

just saying, why you tnk many people do dat? cuz they want to make it rich?.. No dude, its because they need food for live, maybe you dont understand, but here the lots of Murder dont care anyone, cuz we are too bussy tying to pay rents, or something.

Hi All,
Its been 2 years since I joined Fiverr. I had experience in office and article writing so I wanted to get something useful from it through fiverr. But I was not much aware with Fiverr and its way of getting orders. I tried for few days. and then didn’t give it much attention. I worked in daily routine and some local platforms and got my own blogs/websites. Through some interaction with unique online game I became well known in that gaming community and befriended with people from around the globe. Now I am off from game for some time to take my studies and work up. In the mean time I am back on Fiverr to get experience from different works around the globe and test my skills to its best. As I have not sold enough, I am still considered as a new seller.

If you ask me about placing 100 dollars entery fee. I would not recommend it. Cause it will make Fiverr losing a lot of potential talent which have no ways to pay that amount. If they have that amount why not they invest in something profitable instead of just getting to a forum where there is not much of a certainty for new sellers.

Now About the solution, As A game leader I have known many things to get to the top but those are disgusting and not good for your own self esteem. If someone is really willing to improve himself and get to top he should be gone through extreme conditions to enjoy the taste of victory / success. So, People should not use loopholes to barricade new sellers as people do in games. Fiverr should be strict on its policies. It should change its policies after every 1-2 years and prevent loopholes of SEO and other things ( we know there are loopholes in all sorts of things whether minor or major). The Exact Solution which should be considered by Fiverr Team is given as follows:

There should be some requirements to build profile with proper attestation and interviews by Fiverr team to actually make someone top rated and e.t.c.

There should be requirements for new sellers to actually place there first sales and first orders should be from Fiverr to test their work and give them one month premium membership or some sort of package or offer to make them feel good and Encourage as well as track those who are black sheep. After Checking Them with First time orders. Recommend them to sellers or put in a list to be given as follows.

There should be some way for new buyers or buyers to put some amount to Fiverr to get 3 sellers or a package of work from new sellers for less amount or cheapest amount to make them test Fiverrs talent checked in last step. After it is done Fiverr’s Talent will be checked by Buyers as well and will be placed among other sellers to work and get paid according to their top skills.

I am sure these will improve Fiverrs Ranking among all FreeLancing Platforms and build a level of high trust between and For Both Buyers and Sellers.

Regards,
Mehr M. Hamza Rafaqat Xavia ( Thats really a long Name … 🙂 )

This worked out soooooo well for EA, right?

Pay to play is never the answer.

Well, I dont like EA games and never played them much or even least… 😃

Another Thing I forgot to mention previously is that MY Father and his all brothers Run business and I am working with them part time or just to gain experience So, I am quite familiar with these sorts of stuff which usually takes a lot of years and study to learn the relationships and drive sales through top strategies…

As much as I agree with you now, as a seasoned seller, I honestly don’t think I would’ve signed up if the site had a $100 paywall back in 2013. And, I’m definitely not a “mek sell”.

But, I definitely see the advantage of having some kind of system in place to weed out bad eggs. At the very least, some basic, rudimentary tests with dynamic answers (to help stop cheating).

Archived