How to direct old clients to new username?

jeff823

So I know the “I want to change my username” topic has popped up over and over and will never be implemented. So I was wondering if there would be a good way to go about letting your old clients know that you’re deleting your current account and direct them to your new one?

Also, would it be alright if I were to take a screenshot of my old profile and post it on my new one to let potential new clients know that I have a good reputation?

Really want to change my username, but I just reached Level 1 Seller and would hate to lose that status and my reviews.

Would it be unprofessional or even possible to ask old clients to re-post their original reviews to the new account without them purchasing anything?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Well that’s a ToS nightmare! 🙁

Basically, if you change your username, you’re starting from scratch.

To message your buyers before or after a name change would break ToS. There’s no way for a buyer to give you a review on any profile without buying something.

All in all, I’d keep your existing username if I were you! ☀️

So I know the “I want to change my username” topic has popped up over and over and will never be implemented. So I was wondering if there would be a good way to go about letting your old clients know that you’re deleting your current account and direct them to your new one?

Also, would it be alright if I were to take a screenshot of my old profile and post it on my new one to let potential new clients know that I have a good reputation?

Really want to change my username, but I just reached Level 1 Seller and would hate to lose that status and my reviews.

Would it be unprofessional or even possible to ask old clients to re-post their original reviews to the new account without them purchasing anything?

Any comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Totally agree with @offlinehelpers and as to “would it be unprofessional?” the answer would be a definite yes!

Archived