The day I was due to get my Level 2 back

ryangillam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I offer cancellations to people. They don’t accept them. They say they will wait then they don’t. I don’t use the gig extension feature any more now that I know it can get you banned. Also, the negative feedback doesn’t cause me to fall in the searches. Mutual cancellation does. I no longer qualify for level 2 because I have too many mutual cancellations (I lost the little tick box on the levels page after somebody placed dozens and dozens of orders and I mutually cancelled all of them). So I run less risk if I just let them cancel for late delivery. I mean. I doubt anything woild be cancelled now. Maybe two if one guy doesn’t get back to me. I learned people don’t look at the feedback they just base their opinion on where you are on the list of highly rated sellers (and I’m always on the first or second page)

One person who cancelled a bit over a week ago was banned from ordering from me as he stole content last time. I offered mutual cancellation and he just cancelled for late delivery. I had no intentions of working on it. His site now appears to have been taken down too so it’s cool.

Customer support won’t remove these negatives for me as I have an obligation to work on all gigs ordered apparently.

The last cancellation (from two days ago, I think) was actually a PayPal charge back from a banned or deleted account. I have no idea why I got that one.

I don’t think I’ve had a late delivery cancellation for over a week before the last two though.

I use the gig extension feature on occasion, didn’t know it can get you banned.

If a buyer rejects a refund request, you’re supposed to contact CS. They will refund for you.

People who steal content are garbage. On the other hand, clients should know that content can be recycled. If you don’t pay for it, you don’t own it.

I’ve been spending my downtime filing dmca requests hence no forum.

In the last few days, I’ve had 54 sites with my stolen content reported to their web host. Looks like around 20 of those sites have been taken down already. Almost all will end up getting removed from European Google searches. I am hoping once news starts to filter out that I have done this to people I will have no issues.

Although, one person who I did this to sent me a message about five minutes ago saying;

‘that’s not the way to do business. You are going to lose customers if you get people removed from the searches’. That is the first I have heard from him in over a month. His website was taken down about ten hours after I emailed his host with proof he stolen the content.

Positive feedback is on the up. The one cancellation I had was a couple of days ago. The guys account got deleted shortly after he placed the order. I kinda didn’t realise as I was waiting for a response. Then yesterday he PayPal charged back and Fiverr cancelled the order from their end, which is annoying as he hadn’t been online in two weeks (it only went very late three days ago). And that is the only cancellation in about a week and actually an undeservered one imo since the customer was neither on the website or gave me any information. Customer support told me the guy logged in and cancelled but I know that’s not true because it still says ‘last active 13 days ago’ on the conversation. I hit level level two for a few hours then when that PayPal charge back went through I went back to level one. Will take fifty more five star ratings (roughly) to get me back up now but meh.

The negative on that one is actually weird as it does not appear on my gig, it just appears on my profile.

Oh and my average delivery time went up to 300 days for about an hour. One of my regular customers noticed an order from 2015 he had not submitted information on. He did. I delivered it im about five minutes but I think because it was so old, Fiverr glitched out and looked at the date it was ordered originally rather than the date information was submitted. It fixed itself when I delivered the next gig.

I don’t think any gig in my queue is at risk of cancellation now as almost everything is regular buyers or gigs which are not late at all. There is one customer who is going to leave negative feedback in a few hours for lateness as I delivered one article before the gig went late, asked for feedback. He got back to me after it went late. If he had got back to me on time it would have been done four days ago. Now I’m. Up don’t it at 4am and he has pledged to leave negative feedback on it when delivered.

Why am. I not cancelling? Well. From what I can tell, negative feedback hits a gig less than mutual cancellations. I tested my theory. Had a customer cancel for late delivery. No loss in search position. (the feedback was actually removed by CS). Had the same person mutually cancel a gig, I instantly fell back tenet positions and since they made it more difficult to see feedback using the mobile app now, I think it’s better in the long run for me to tell people to cancel for late delivery if I don’t want to deal with them.

‘that’s not the way to do business. You are going to lose customers if you get people removed from the searches’.

Have you told him that people who steal content are not customers (you have to pay to be a customer), but thieves?

I use the gig extension feature on occasion, didn’t know it can get you banned.

If a buyer rejects a refund request, you’re supposed to contact CS. They will refund for you.

People who steal content are garbage. On the other hand, clients should know that content can be recycled. If you don’t pay for it, you don’t own it.

They said I abused it. Extended a gig accidentally beyond sone thirty day delivery time restriction they made up (system shouldn’t let you do it if breaks the rules). Now nah. Not rushing it.

‘that’s not the way to do business. You are going to lose customers if you get people removed from the searches’.

Have you told him that people who steal content are not customers (you have to pay to be a customer), but thieves?

Yes. They say nothing they can do other than advise me to file the dmca

They said I abused it. Extended a gig accidentally beyond sone thirty day delivery time restriction they made up (system shouldn’t let you do it if breaks the rules). Now nah. Not rushing it.

Yeah, that explains it. My extensions are 1-3 days, but it’s not something I do often. My goal is to get paid ASAP.

Third (or maybe second or first) account warning.

Cool.

I do not know what for yet, but I THINK it is potentially tied to the chargeback (the customer that never submitted any information ‘activating’ the gig, but I still got a cancellation feedback from Fiverr anyway). This shall be fun, cos if it is the third, that is the end of my account 😦

It may also be tied to a gig I canceled. Well, one of two:

1. I told one guy never to order from me again as I did not appreciate him stealing last time.
  2. One guy said he was reporting me when I cancelled and said I can’t write product reviews, but that was a month ago.

This has nothing to do with price now.

Third (or maybe second or first) account warning.

Cool.

I do not know what for yet, but I THINK it is potentially tied to the chargeback (the customer that never submitted any information ‘activating’ the gig, but I still got a cancellation feedback from Fiverr anyway). This shall be fun, cos if it is the third, that is the end of my account 😦

It may also be tied to a gig I canceled. Well, one of two:

1. I told one guy never to order from me again as I did not appreciate him stealing last time.
  2. One guy said he was reporting me when I cancelled and said I can’t write product reviews, but that was a month ago.

This has nothing to do with price now.

I can´t imagine that something you can´t be sure about whether it was an account warning or not, counts as one. At least, I hope that they´d clearly label it ‘account warning’ in a mail, if it´s supposed to be one. Still, good luck, the ways of the powers that be are unfathomable.

I can´t imagine that something you can´t be sure about whether it was an account warning or not, counts as one. At least, I hope that they´d clearly label it ‘account warning’ in a mail, if it´s supposed to be one. Still, good luck, the ways of the powers that be are unfathomable.

It disappeared.

The implication was I lied to a customer. I didn’t. It has gone now. It was related to when Fiverr told me not to write product overviews. They forgot they said it…

It is a lot of pressure. Thankfully, a few people have found me outside of Fiverr.

One client, who i worked on about 2 years ago and was paying $5.00 per 1,000 words just contacted me on s***e (well, a week ago)

Now up to $50 for just 500-words. Same content.

Has happened quite a bit, although those poeple are still noit buying enough articles to cover closing down my Fiverr account. Maybe $300 a week…at the most.

Ryan, no matter what happens you might see this - @ryangillam . I don’t know if you are really off-Fiverr for good or not, I read a post by you that said you were banned for directing people off Fiverr. I thought back when you posted the quote below that you might run into issues over it, but you hadn’t seemed interested in more advice. If you see this post and are in touch with CS, maybe you can explain that you took these s***e contacts in some way that was ok. I really think the late cancellations and warnings would have been enough anyway, but there is a good chance this publicly posted info also caused some issues:

Thankfully, a few people have found me outside of Fiverr.

One client, who i worked on about 2 years ago and was paying $5.00 per 1,000 words just contacted me on s***e (well, a week ago)

Now up to $50 for just 500-words. Same content.

Has happened quite a bit, although those poeple are still noit buying enough articles to cover closing down my Fiverr account.

I hope you do find something that works better for you than this was. Best of luck!

Archived