The day I was due to get my Level 2 back

ryangillam

I don’t know why you’re charging $5 when you could be charging $10, $20, even $100

He is tired of hearing that he said. It’s not just the low price but the quality of the buyers who only want to pay $5… They tend to cause big problems sometimes.

Well, I keep saying it because from my perspective, I’m not on Fiverr to be #1 in queue, I’m here to make the most money with the least work. 60 orders in a queue is way too much for me, I would have to work 8-12 hours a day. At $5 per gig, my earnings would be $240. That’s not enough.

I’m happy getting 5 to 15 orders a day, and making $50 to $100 a day.

I still have a few packages at $5 because every order you get improves your placement listings, and builds your queue, and results in positive reviews, and maybe even second and third orders for much more than $5.

Still, I admire Ryan’s willingness to get so many orders, but those forced cancellations over lateness scare me. A 1-star review doesn’t scare me, because I know how buyers can be, but a forced cancellation makes me wonder if the seller will deliver on time?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off topic, but what makes Level down?

Is there any documented calculations ?

Or just as soon as you fall below 4.5 star you loose your current level?

I read an explanation about it here.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

How to Avoid Losing Fiverr Level [ARCHIVED - Older and not entirely accurate]

I decided to write this post after some guys complained about losing their levels badge and they wanted to know what they did wrong. Now you will see that everything we have talked about in the past now go together to maintaining a healthy fiverr...

On 9/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Thanks for explaining.

Maybe I’ve been lucky, I think I have 20 gigs, not all of them perform equally well. When I got account warnings it was related to how I was treating buyers, with CS I’ve always been very polite.

I still don’t understand how you managed to get a queue of 60. I wonder if Fiverr is hiding your gig because they think you don’t have enough time to deliver all of them in 3 days?

I don’t know, who knows how Fiverr works? Is it all the algorithm or are there other forces at work?

My main gig had issues disappearing, but after a few complaints, it doesn’t disappear anymore. I’m also not changing the gig title and I try not to write anything in the gig description that will have to change, such as prices.

The queue of 60 is because somebody placed 30 individual orders.

I then started advertising my services on Facebook and drove traffic to my gig. I actually have 2 gigs now, and most of the traffic SHOULD be going to the other gig, although that only took 6 orders.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:00 PM, agwakash said:

Off topic, but what makes Level down? Is there any documented calculations ? Or just as soon as you fall below 4.5 star you loose your current level?

You actually need to go to 4.4 stars to go from Level 2 to Level 1 according to customer support. I assume it would automatically drop at 4.4. But, it certainly will not drop automatically between those points.

I lost my level for using the gig extension thing to extend past 30 days, which apparently is a massive crime.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:01 PM, fastcopywriter said:

Well, I keep saying it because from my perspective, I’m not on Fiverr to be #1 in queue, I’m here to make the most money with the least work. 60 orders in a queue is way too much for me, I would have to work 8-12 hours a day. At $5 per gig, my earnings would be $240. That’s not enough.

I’m happy getting 5 to 15 orders a day, and making $50 to $100 a day.

I still have a few packages at $5 because every order you get improves your placement listings, and builds your queue, and results in positive reviews, and maybe even second and third orders for much more than $5.

Still, I admire Ryan’s willingness to get so many orders, but those forced cancellations over lateness scare me. A 1-star review doesn’t scare me, because I know how buyers can be, but a forced cancellation makes me wonder if the seller will deliver on time?

Thankfully, somebody who cancelled 3 times in a row (despite having the content) reordered today and left feedback. I gave a response to that feedback to explain the cancellations.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:03 PM, pedromleitao said:

Increase your prices or stop complaining.

Me disappearing from the searches had nothing to do with my prices 😉 

On the other hand, writing gigs are completely crazy in terms of pricing. I don’t get it. There are “pro” sellers with gigs for 1000 word articles selling for 400$. There’s no way they’re even 10 times better than a native English writer selling the same thing for 5$. Yet they still sell. It’s baffling. There are categories where the price difference is justifiable and noticeable in the product, but in writing gigs? It’s absolute lunacy, unless you are a literature Nobel or Pulitzer winner or something. Which nobody here is.

Back in the 1970s, it wasn’t unusual for a 1,000 word article to be commissioned for $1,000…and I’m not even factoring in inflation.

Back in the 1970s, it wasn’t unusual for a 1,000 word article to be commissioned for $1,000…and I’m not even factoring in inflation.

Yes, and your average computer was the size of house and even then couldn’t get you online.

Freelancing does have its shortcomings but I would prefer to stay here in 2017 rather than go back to the 1970’s.

Yes, and your average computer was the size of house and even then couldn’t get you online.

Freelancing does have its shortcomings but I would prefer to stay here in 2017 rather than go back to the 1970’s.

Of course, but my point was that $400 is not “completely crazy.” People writing 1,000 word articles for $5 is what’s crazy.

…and maybe there are days where I fantasize about trading my computer for a typewriter, but of course, there were plenty of other issues with the era.

It is crazy and it isn’t crazy. If you need a killer sales copy for a product and some finally tuned and tweaked to the extreme marketing content, $1,000 per 1,000 words is a fair price. If, however, you need that kind of quality and can afford it, you don’t hit up a seller on Fiverr. You use a PR and marketing firm which is in your budget and which has a steady track record working with some leading brands.

On the flip side of the coin, PR and content marketing is a huge part of both SEO and successful social media marketing. In order to work, though, you need to be publishing new content daily or at least weekly. This being the case, unless you have a giant pile of money appear on your doorstep every morning along with a little note saying, “burn me,” you’re likely not going to pay $400 - $1,000 per piece of content marketing content.

$5 - $25 is a very fair price for such content.

It is crazy and it isn’t crazy. If you need a killer sales copy for a product and some finally tuned and tweaked to the extreme marketing content, $1,000 per 1,000 words is a fair price. If, however, you need that kind of quality and can afford it, you don’t hit up a seller on Fiverr. You use a PR and marketing firm which is in your budget and which has a steady track record working with some leading brands.

On the flip side of the coin, PR and content marketing is a huge part of both SEO and successful social media marketing. In order to work, though, you need to be publishing new content daily or at least weekly. This being the case, unless you have a giant pile of money appear on your doorstep every morning along with a little note saying, “burn me,” you’re likely not going to pay $400 - $1,000 per piece of content marketing content.

$5 - $25 is a very fair price for such content.

Which completely ignores the amount of time it takes to produce such content. Minimum wage where I live converts to about $9.80 USD per hour. For the sake of simplicity, let’s round up to $10. So, a 1,000 word article written in half an hour is completely reasonable? I can’t even imagine the quality of such of a piece.

Which completely ignores the amount of time it takes to produce such content. Minimum wage where I live converts to about $9.80 USD per hour. For the sake of simplicity, let’s round up to $10. So, a 1,000 word article written in half an hour is completely reasonable? I can’t even imagine the quality of such of a piece.

You have a fair point.

Price your own work at $400 - $1,000 if you want to. It doesn’t change the fact that if you are a freelancer you have to compete with people who will work for as little if not less than $5. No one cares what your living costs are or what the minimum wage is in your area when you are talking about a global marketplace. You either have to swallow that and find a way to earn what you need to, or you need to find a good wall to shout at.

Price your own work at $400 - $1,000 if you want to. It doesn’t change the fact that if you are a freelancer you have to compete with people who will work for as little if not less than $5. No one cares what your living costs are or what the minimum wage is in your area when you are talking about a global marketplace. You either have to swallow that and find a way to earn what you need to, or you need to find a good wall to shout at.

Which is why, I personally, do not offer writing services on this platform. My whole point was that it is incorrect to call $400 “completely crazy.”

I could write 1000 compelling words inside of thirty minutes, while dancing the jig on a tricycle, performing as Christopher Walken and steadily hold the attention of epilepsy patients throughout the duration.

Would I know to include maximized SEO efforts in the process… No… Does that make it worth it? Well, that depends on my Christopher Walken.

Edit: I don’t have a dog in this fight (or a writing gig) I just wanted to get that Chris Walken reference in.

The queue of 60 is because somebody placed 30 individual orders.

I then started advertising my services on Facebook and drove traffic to my gig. I actually have 2 gigs now, and most of the traffic SHOULD be going to the other gig, although that only took 6 orders.

30 orders from one client? I’m shocked. I once refunded an order because the guy paid for 10 e-mails, and I didn’t have the time to write them, they were complicated e-mails, not what I’m used to.

Sometimes I have no choice but to reject orders, if they give me a page worth of instructions, I don’t want to bother with that buyer.

Either way, it’s nice you drive traffic with Facebook. Don’t know how you do it, I have a Facebook page about my gigs, it doesn’t drive any traffic as far as I know.

30 orders from one client? I’m shocked. I once refunded an order because the guy paid for 10 e-mails, and I didn’t have the time to write them, they were complicated e-mails, not what I’m used to.

Sometimes I have no choice but to reject orders, if they give me a page worth of instructions, I don’t want to bother with that buyer.

Either way, it’s nice you drive traffic with Facebook. Don’t know how you do it, I have a Facebook page about my gigs, it doesn’t drive any traffic as far as I know.

I joined a few private groups for online marketers (an old client put me in touch). Most order through Fiverr as the initial order as gives them protection against issues.

I joined a few private groups for online marketers (an old client put me in touch). Most order through Fiverr as the initial order as gives them protection against issues.

Then why do you care about search positions? Your orders have nothing to do with your search position. Relax, and enjoy your work, stop ranting all the time.

Then why do you care about search positions? Your orders have nothing to do with your search position. Relax, and enjoy your work, stop ranting all the time.

As I still rely on some poeple finding my gig and converting them to long time customers.

Fiverr said I was removed as I edited my gig. I didn’t, but whatever.

Ryan, I would avoid late deliveries & extending deliveries like the plague. Regardless of what you have been told. once you start doing that you are putting your fate in your buyers hands and it’s no longer in yours.I’m not going to comment on anything else here as I told you what I think before.

60 orders at $5 each is $300. At 80% that is a profit of only $240, for delivering 60 orders.

That’s insane. Particularly that is two articles for each $5 order. That’s 120 articles delivered for only $240, or $2 each— within two days. It sounds humanly impossible. That means you are writing 60 articles a day for $2 each.

That’s five articles an hour for a 12 hour day. Ten minutes per article. No wonder it’s such a struggle. I would rather be dead.

Particularly since you continuously are being punished for various things.

There must be a better way! I would count it as a blessing if your gigs disappeared from listings for a few days.

60 orders at $5 each is $300. At 80% that is a profit of only $240, for delivering 60 orders.

That’s insane. Particularly that is two articles for each $5 order. That’s 120 articles delivered for only $240, or $2 each— within two days. It sounds humanly impossible. That means you are writing 60 articles a day for $2 each.

That’s five articles an hour for a 12 hour day. Ten minutes per article. No wonder it’s such a struggle. I would rather be dead.

Particularly since you continuously are being punished for various things.

There must be a better way! I would count it as a blessing if your gigs disappeared from listings for a few days.

It is back now.

No idea what happened. Fiverr said it was something I did, but it wasn’t. Then it randomly appeared after I delivered 5 gigs.

And I can easily write 6-8 articles per hour, so the hourly wage at this price point isn’t actually too bad.

Thankfully, people are now starting to leave positive feedback, which allows me to comment on the feedbacks below (the cancellations).

I have also instructed several people today to never order from me again (because they keep cancelling after having half the content, and then reorderding to get more ‘free’ content).

It is back now.

No idea what happened. Fiverr said it was something I did, but it wasn’t. Then it randomly appeared after I delivered 5 gigs.

And I can easily write 6-8 articles per hour, so the hourly wage at this price point isn’t actually too bad.

Thankfully, people are now starting to leave positive feedback, which allows me to comment on the feedbacks below (the cancellations).

I have also instructed several people today to never order from me again (because they keep cancelling after having half the content, and then reorderding to get more ‘free’ content).

👏

An alternative would be to not send the content in parts.

You actually deserve to be a Pro on fiverr. I was reading your reviews, and your writing is fantastic apparently. Why in the name of Allah you do two articles for $5 is a mystery that we will never fathom. There are several great writers who charge too little. I’m not sure what this block on charging more than $5 is about.

Archived