POLL: POLL: POLL - How long may be needed to reply to messages in "Available Now" feature

sultanraji

poll  

264 members have voted

1. 1. poll

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, I never get messages or orders when I have available now on. I thought it would increase my message rate, but… Ah well.

Actually I shouldn’t over rate it. I’ve had 4 orders over the month that I received when I was on “Available Now” . Not exactly mind blowing but for me its quite good 🙂

I am soooo frustrated. I just got “blocked” from available now because I took too long writing my response. I began responding immediately, but because I went over a five-minute timeline I cannot use it for 30 days! I tried to ask support for assistance, and they refuse to allow me to use it even after explaining the issue. It is counterintuitive to punish a seller for taking the time to respond to an inquiry in a thoughtful and detailed way. If you use this feature, the trick (advice they gave me for 30 days from now) is to give a quick response saying more detailed information is on the way.

I am soooo frustrated. I just got “blocked” from available now because I took too long writing my response. I began responding immediately, but because I went over a five-minute timeline I cannot use it for 30 days! I tried to ask support for assistance, and they refuse to allow me to use it even after explaining the issue. It is counterintuitive to punish a seller for taking the time to respond to an inquiry in a thoughtful and detailed way. If you use this feature, the trick (advice they gave me for 30 days from now) is to give a quick response saying more detailed information is on the way.

Yes exactly

I nearly spilt my coffee trying to reply to a Available Now Message. And like you said you cant give a detailed reply

Good suggestion though, thanks

That’s crazy!

One of the things I find most infuriating about Fiverr is the response time. Sometimes a potential buyer will email me late at night - 2am my time - and I am already asleep. It badly affects my average time if I can’t respond till 7 hours later - I think the average time should only be calculated/taken into account during business hours. I feel like we’re being penalized for…sleeping.

The same apparently goes for this Available Now feature. If we step away for a moment, as humans do… It seems seriously strange to require a 5 minute time limit. I would understand a 10 or 15. But 5?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys 🙂
Recently I’ve been using the ‘Available Now’ option and I think it’s a really great idea that needs a couple tweaks.

The first time I turned it on it took me 6mins to reply to the client (the required reply was a little bit long) and i learned that I need to send a generic reply as quickly as possible and then continue the conversation once I’m in the ‘safe zone’. Although I like to avoid spamming the client with multiple messages and pack my reply into one message, this isn’t an option. Lesson learned 🙂

The second time I used it everything went fine, got a couple messages and replied within the 5 minute window.

I continued using it for 2 or three more times after that.

Now today, I turned it on and a previous ongoing conversation I had with a client made me lose the 5 minute window and got my second strike. To be fair, I was looking for the file she was requesting and had to make sure it was ready. I did not think this required a quick-spam-generic reply 😦
Since the conversation started last week and I’ve been communicating back and forth with this person, I didn’t think this will count as a missed 5minute window .

Probably my last time using this feature because it stresses me more than it helps and I don’t even want to know what kind of silly thing I need to do to get my third strike 😛

Just my 2cents.

Cheers,

Available now feature must be changed, as 5 mnts time to answer is ok for the first message, but after 2 days of sending messages to a client it still works on same basis. It should be only for first message answer, cant go on for ever. please revise your site ideas before putting our years working on fiverr in the game, or better said out of game. You are not exactly helping.

your test are making our years in fiverr seem like a waist. So sorry to tell you this, but I have contribute for sample as Spanish translation project of fiverr. Know days no Spanish at all. All dead.

Then you have continue doing tests until I barely get 3 messages per months. Not to speak about selling. Used to have about 60 clients per months asking for something. So to whom this testes are run for? …Wall street? If I need to promote myself so much, what fiverr does this days?..I guess owners have changed…and wall street have eat it

I need to promote my clients to see my fiver competition? what is the logic here?

• 2 weeks later...

If it is automatically turned off mean you didn’t replied to last message in time( i think you should reply withing 5 minutes)…after it’s automatically turn off 3 times.it will block for 30 days.

No, actually the normal response time is 2 minutes. and if someone fails to do so he gets notified. Fiverr gives him the 1st warning and on 3rd warning, the available now button is completely deactivated.

Ever since the Available Now feature was introduced by Fiverr, I’ve tried my best to make use of the feature to my advantage. But most times, it backfires.

This is always the scenario:

I turn on my Available Now feature
I get an Available Now message from a buyer and I respond almost instantly. Great right?
But then Fiverr keeps marking every message sent by the buyer as an Available Now message
I might not reply as quickly as I did to the first message
Fiverr warns me that I’ve missed an Available Now message from a buyer―the same buyer I responded almost instantly to his first message.
This happens thrice and I’m BLOCKED from Available Now

It always annoys me because this happens almost every time. Sometimes, I’m even the one that initiates the conversation with the buyer, but Fiverr still marks the buyer’s reply as an Available Now message, even when the buyer’s reply marks the end of the conversation for the time being.

Fiverr should work on this because I think this is a bug. I don’t know how many sellers are experiencing this and being unfairly BLOCKED from Available Now. I don’t think I have to reply a buyer’s message when it shows the end of the conversation. For example:

Buyer:Can you do xxx…?
Me: Sure! …
Buyer:xxx
Me:Thanks for the order…
Buyer: I’ll be waiting for the delivery. Catch you later.

Now I don’t really have to reply the last message from this buyer, but it’s still marked as an Available Now message. So, I’m penalized if this scenario occurs thrice. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

I urge the Fiverr team in charge of the Available Now feature to fix this annoying issue. Hope it’s fixed soon.

• 1 month later...

I decided to try this feature out to see how it would go.

A client replied to me in an on-going conversation, saying thanks for the work I had done. I had already sent this person a message just 10 min prior. However I was prompted by ‘Available Now’ that I had 2mins remaining to reply to this person’s ‘Thank you’ or it would be switched off.

This feature should clearly ignore on-going conversations and just be flagged for new ones. Secondly, it should only be flagging the first message that you are sent. I have replied to this person and am in discussion with them but I am being told constantly to get the last word in, which can come across as spam because it’s an unnecessary reply.

Additionally (not a bug), 5 minute replies seem much too short. If I have 3 people message me, it gives me 1-2 minutes to reply to each. It hurts the quality of the reply as I have to skim over the messages and pay less attention to the job the require. Some people ask for tricky work but don’t fully understand what they it is they need either. It gives me the job of working out what it is they need, and skimming a message won’t allow that easily.

Guest offlinehelpers

I decided to try this feature out to see how it would go.

A client replied to me in an on-going conversation, saying thanks for the work I had done. I had already sent this person a message just 10 min prior. However I was prompted by ‘Available Now’ that I had 2mins remaining to reply to this person’s ‘Thank you’ or it would be switched off.

This feature should clearly ignore on-going conversations and just be flagged for new ones. Secondly, it should only be flagging the first message that you are sent. I have replied to this person and am in discussion with them but I am being told constantly to get the last word in, which can come across as spam because it’s an unnecessary reply.

Additionally (not a bug), 5 minute replies seem much too short. If I have 3 people message me, it gives me 1-2 minutes to reply to each. It hurts the quality of the reply as I have to skim over the messages and pay less attention to the job the require. Some people ask for tricky work but don’t fully understand what they it is they need either. It gives me the job of working out what it is they need, and skimming a message won’t allow that easily.

This feature should clearly ignore on-going conversations and just be flagged for new ones. Secondly, it should only be flagging the first message that you are sent.

Agree wholeheartedly - I switched it off for exactly that reason. Also, there seemed to be a lag between mobile app and desktop so the 5 minutes wasn’t actually 5 minutes. 🙂

Archived