Let's socialize!

gina_riley2

Okay, the #1 advice newbies give each other is promote on social media: Twitter, Facebook, whatnot

Technically, the advice your getting is this: “Spam the heck out of your social media (without socializing) friends until they all drop you.”

Social media consist of more than Facebook, Google, Twitter - logically speaking, this forum is a form of social media. We come here and socialize, give and take advice, on and on.

After a while, you get a certain trust factor given to you by the community for your long term participation. People call you to ask for your opinion or advice. When you have someone calling you via forum or community that you’ve never seen before, then you know there are probably way more silent lurkers than those logged in.

Unless you specifically ask your new clients how they found you, there is no way for certain to know. Perhaps there are more lurkers than you are aware and they like you.

So, stop advising newbies to spam!

Use social media wisely. It’s a lot of work, but fun work. Granted, not all my sellers participate on the forum but a good portion do.

My personal opinion, the reason Paul has done so well on 5r, as a new seller who came here as a PRO, is because he took the time to socialize on the forum.

Just my 2 cents.

So, let’s take the time to “SOCIALIZE”!

Welcome to 5r forum, I’m Gina.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, the #1 advice newbies give each other is promote on social media: Twitter, Facebook, whatnot

Technically, the advice your getting is this: “Spam the heck out of your social media (without socializing) friends until they all drop you.”

Social media consist of more than Facebook, Google, Twitter - logically speaking, this forum is a form of social media. We come here and socialize, give and take advice, on and on.

After a while, you get a certain trust factor given to you by the community for your long term participation. People call you to ask for your opinion or advice. When you have someone calling you via forum or community that you’ve never seen before, then you know there are probably way more silent lurkers than those logged in.

Unless you specifically ask your new clients how they found you, there is no way for certain to know. Perhaps there are more lurkers than you are aware and they like you.

So, stop advising newbies to spam!

Use social media wisely. It’s a lot of work, but fun work. Granted, not all my sellers participate on the forum but a good portion do.

My personal opinion, the reason Paul has done so well on 5r, as a new seller who came here as a PRO, is because he took the time to socialize on the forum.

Just my 2 cents.

So, let’s take the time to “SOCIALIZE”!

Hi Gina, Nice to meet you. I am Saddu and I want to tell everyone that I AM A 👩

I never promote my gigs on social media as I know my followers will not be interested at all, i make regular YouTube videos and original music and thats what they follow me for. The few times i have posted about my gigs ive got a few unfollowers so I just dont bother at all. I think the forum is a great way to promote gigs, i have also hired a few people who have posted on the forum!

Well, hello Saddu, so you say you’re a 👧?

Wow, me too!

Hello, girlfriend! 💖

Hello, girlfriend!

I am a 👦 and does that mean I’m Boyfriend? 😊

About the thread: I hate spamming too, and unfortunately, most of the people spam the hell outta social media platforms. Reason? They just don’t know how to…

Guest offlinehelpers

Hey are you the famous Saint lorna? I have heard a lot about you and always wanted to meet you. :cowboy_hat_face:

I’m no saint - promise! 😉

Well, hello there, Gina! 🌼

I’m Nika. I’m a :merperson:t4:
Just like you I have ZERO 💛 for the spambots.

🐟 <-- - - - background singers.

Now sing 🎵 along with me…

Under the sea
Darling it’s better
Down where it’s wetter
Take it from me
Up on the shore they work all day
Out in the sun they slave away
While we devotin’
Full time to floatin’
Under the sea

🍍

I’m Mooch. I am a (emoji demonstrates a pianist scrutinizing the cavernous void of searching for the perfect melody).

Recently I (emoji demonstrates a symbolic tricycle, dancing on the mood of the swaying winds, perched atop a tight rope inside of a moody ambiance, darkness crawling from the corners of a grime laced tent- spreading out it’s sour reach like poisoned waters devouring the shore).

Today I plan to (emoji demonstrates the similitude of the flesh smashing dumbbell - to the compacting destruction of a city waste facility… each discarded item representing the fabric of the beaten flesh… being ravaged and broken, torn and decimated … each fiber waving white flags and shrieking out their defeat in a choir of sorrowful melodies)

But what I’ll probably end up doing (emoji demonstrates the longest line at a grocery store, wearing sweat pants and a tank top, holding a cheap pack of Swiss rolls - a Julia Robert’s movie from the cheap section and a basket full of single serve coffee).

Some of you already know that people call me Mark which is my nickname, some of you even know my real first name, and some of you know me just as gig_freak. 🙂

Personally, I like to use only a few emojis: 🙂 :frowning::stuck_out_tongue::wink: not because I don’t like using emojis, but because I am lazy to search for them because usually, I reply from my PC when I am on a mobile, I am only “stalker” of the forum.

I do graphic design and some social media marketing as my job. I study agricultural economics. In my free time, I play basketball, I read a lot, and I play video games. I do live in a beautiful, but not-so-exciting country.

And yeah, I hate spammers and “dear sirs”

Okay, I know it sounds like a first grader’s first essay.

Some of you already know that people call me Mark which is my nickname, some of you even know my real first name, and some of you know me just as gig_freak. 🙂

Personally, I like to use only a few emojis: 🙂 :frowning::stuck_out_tongue::wink: not because I don’t like using emojis, but because I am lazy to search for them because usually, I reply from my PC when I am on a mobile, I am only “stalker” of the forum.

I do graphic design and some social media marketing as my job. I study agricultural economics. In my free time, I play basketball, I read a lot, and I play video games. I do live in a beautiful, but not-so-exciting country.

And yeah, I hate spammers and “dear sirs”

Okay, I know it sounds like a first grader’s first essay.

I play video games

and here is a gamer girl… 😎

Hi, I’m Andy and I’m trying to look busy while reading this forum so that I can avoid my future in-laws.
(Yep, I’m afraid there’s no turning back 🙂 )

It’s difficult to explain to my own parents what I do for living not to mention in-laws.
"So you decided to switch from 9 to 5 corporate job to this? You don’t care about financial security? And if you don’t find clients you won’t be able to pay your bills."
Long pause followed by one word - “Interesting.”

Archived