Fiverr rules are good but the payment method of 14 days is boring

jameswhity

I’m guessing its so they can earn interest in those 14 days. It can’t be to prevent fraud, what percentage of transactions

are fraudulent?

I’m guessing its so they can earn interest in those 14 days.

I imagine the 14 days is more a matter of security and completion. After all, it makes more sense for Fiverr to hold onto those funds until they can be certain that no further work would be requested from the buyer.

Gaining interest doesn’t seem likely, since Fiverr isn’t investing those funds anywhere – they remain within Fiverr until released to the seller.

yes I have the same question.

With all respect, i want to be cleared what’s the reason to wait 14 days (i know why) for pending clearance. Because some buyer cancel there $5 order after 1 month if they want (I’m not joking). If that’s so then what’s the reason to holding money for clearance.

So if you know the perfect reason, please explain me, i would love to hear from you.

The 14 days correspond with this bit here from the ToS, so it is supposed to be a ‘safety feature’, I agree with that it´s boring, though 😉 :

Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers and Pro Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.

[https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service]

In offline jobs, it’s common to be paid a month in arrears - 14 days isn’t too bad after all! 😀

Yes, many businesses get paid Net 30, and then when the bill goes out the customer waits a month before sending the check. I would love the 7 day, but your point is very valid.

Archived