"Can you pay me more"

oakviewins

Please clarify.

Are you saying seller sent you a custom offer than jacked up the price, asking for more?

If you had prediscussed it and did NOT change the requirement, then the seller is in the wrong. It’s call bait and switch - I think. Cancel by contacting customer support. Sellers like those will milk you for every penny and deliver poor work.

On the other hand, did you change requirement on the seller? Are you asking for something different? If so, then to put it bluntly, “pay up!” Seller quoted you on what you requested, even minor changes can be a ton of work.

Please clarify.

Are you saying seller sent you a custom offer than jacked up the price, asking for more?

If you had prediscussed it and did NOT change the requirement, then the seller is in the wrong. It’s call bait and switch - I think. Cancel by contacting customer support. Sellers like those will milk you for every penny and deliver poor work.

On the other hand, did you change requirement on the seller? Are you asking for something different? If so, then to put it bluntly, “pay up!” Seller quoted you on what you requested, even minor changes can be a ton of work.

I have been asked by the buyer if I would take less for a custom offer.

I have been asked by the buyer if I would take less for a custom offer.

I have asked by the buyer if I would take less for a custom offer.

I’ve actually had more than one buyer ask me if I would be willing to complete a $100 order for only $5, because, as they always tell me, “I love your services, you are an awesome seller, but I only have $5 to spend. Can you lower your price… just for me?”

I laugh inwardly, roll my eyes, and politely decline. 😉

I’ve actually had more than one buyer ask me if I would be willing to complete a $100 order for only $5, because, as they always tell me, “I love your services, you are an awesome seller, but I only have $5 to spend. Can you lower your price… just for me?”

just for me?”

I’ve had the usual can you do a $50 job for $5, I have a small budget, I’ll make sure to pay you more in the future when I have more money, I can’t pay but I want to order from you etc etc but the “just for me” hasn’t happened to me yet.

I know I’m sounding mean, but I wonder what makes them think that I’ll be willing to make an exception for them…:roll_eyes:

just for me?”

I’ve had the usual can you do a $50 job for $5, I have a small budget, I’ll make sure to pay you more in the future when I have more money, I can’t pay but I want to order from you etc etc but the “just for me” hasn’t happened to me yet.

I know I’m sounding mean, but I wonder what makes them think that I’ll be willing to make an exception for them…:roll_eyes:

I think it’s an entitlement thing… and a genuine belief that if they butter you/us up enough (and express false platitudes), that we’ll agree to their request and they’ll get what they want for almost nothing.

Please clarify.

I never changed the requirement, the work was delivered and it was poor. But even before it was delivered, they asked if i could do them a favor and increase the price…so wrong on many fronts.

I never changed the requirement, the work was delivered and it was poor. But even before it was delivered, they asked if i could do them a favor and increase the price…so wrong on many fronts.

I’ve been there.

If they failed to deliver what was promised, then you have to (1) dispute - resolution, if seller declined, then (2) send screen shots of conversation to customer support for a forced cancellation.

It’s a headache and will take time. Good luck. 🙂

Don’t try that unless you think you’re putting in more work that arranged between the seller and you, like revisions, or additional things they happened to mention only after you’ve quoted and they’ve purchased the gig.

Kindly ask for a little extra due to extra revisions or work they just didn’t mention before, that’s the key. make sure you quote only for what they’re asking at first, in case they come up with more things once the order is already running.

Hope this helps!

I’ve actually had more than one buyer ask me if I would be willing to complete a $100 order for only $5,

Seems to be a lot of that lately. I’ll quote for a VO, then they ask can I get it sooner, and after I tell them yes but for a fee, they want to pay me $5 for the $100 rush delivery option. I think fiverr has launched an ad campaign in some countries where it is customary to haggle over price on most transactions.

I’ve actually had more than one buyer ask me if I would be willing to complete a $100 order for only $5,

Seems to be a lot of that lately. I’ll quote for a VO, then they ask can I get it sooner, and after I tell them yes but for a fee, they want to pay me $5 for the $100 rush delivery option. I think fiverr has launched an ad campaign in some countries where it is customary to haggle over price on most transactions.

Yeah. That haggling mindset common to those countries annoys me to no end. My services and the time that I have to complete those services, cost what they do for a reason. I know haggling is commonplace in those countries, but I find it offensive in most cases, because they usually try to low-ball me to the extreme, and that’s not appropriate, or fair.

Yeah. That haggling mindset common to those countries annoys me to no end. My services and the time that I have to complete those services, cost what they do for a reason. I know haggling is commonplace in those countries, but I find it offensive in most cases, because they usually try to low-ball me to the extreme, and that’s not appropriate, or fair.

I know haggling is commonplace in those countries, but I find it offensive in most cases, because they usually try to low-ball me to the extreme, and that’s not appropriate, or fair.

Agree, I can’t tell you how many times I’ll quote them a price and they’ll respond “That’s too expensive.” It’s all I can do to be nice and just stop responding.

• 4 years later...

I have a vendor that he asked more money after I ordered and it is for 5 time of the gig price. 

The request I have is lesser in scope. His gig has writing the full policy with the research for best practices. I already wrote the policy myself and just wanted him to check my work and fix the table of contents. I even provided links with example instead of needing him to do his own research. 

I also offered more time instead of the 1 day delivery he listed, I am giving him 2 days. 

I told him to cancel the order as I do not believe in such dishonest business practices. 

After I cancel the order, there is no place for me to leave review and report to Fiverr. Where can I do that? 

PS: I have deal with many Fiverr sellers, some awesome one and some okay one, but never has such a negative experience. I tip very very well (20-100%) and leave good comments for the vendor that really do a good job, and choose not to rate the vendor that I know tried but the product was only average. I have never left a negative review before but I think I will break it for this seller. Please let me know how to report so other buyer is aware before placing the order. 

6 minutes ago, sisiliamo said:

After I cancel the order, there is no place for me to leave review and report to Fiverr. Where can I do that? 

There's no place to leave a review after orders are canceled. That's how Fiverr designed it.

If you need to report at an issue to Fiverr you can do that at https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new

There's also a report option on each message in the order page and also one at the top of each message in the inbox if you put your mouse over the message.

Archived