Cancelled Orders has stopped me from getting sales?

paplexa

Okay, so after cancelling two fairly big orders for me in the same week ($24 and $30 both cancelled from difficult customers) I find that I haven’t gotten a single order in the past 3 days now.

Is there a way to get my gig back up higher in the search results to increase the amount of sales I’m getting? I’ve just reached level 2 if that means anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paplexaa

Okay, so after cancelling two fairly big orders for me in the same week ($24 and $30 both cancelled from difficult customers) I find that I haven’t gotten a single order in the past 3 days now.

Is there a way to get my gig back up higher in the search results to increase the amount of sales I’m getting? I’ve just reached level 2 if that means anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Paplexa

• 2 weeks later...

I’m making about $100 to $150 a month on this site. I guess that’s a semi-decent side hustle, but is there a way to make a livable salary by doing Narration/Voice Talent here. How do I become like those legendary sellers who have a comfy middle-class wage without leaving the house with my Voice Gig?

Fiverr is going through a drop in orders at the moment. Downtime over the summer as well as a poor online reputation have hit it quite hard. Buyers need to regain confidence in the platform. This won’t happen overnight.

I don’t think that’s really the case. I’m busier than ever. I think things go up and down for every seller here at different times of the year. There is no uniformity there.

I don’t think that’s really the case. I’m busier than ever. I think things go up and down for every seller here at different times of the year. There is no uniformity there.

It’s out there - do your own research. It won’t be exactly the same for every seller, but there is definitely a credibility gap at the moment.

Is #7 a good thing or a bad thing in this case?

It’s not meant to denote either, just a reply to the ‘top 2’ comment from another poster. I have seen hundreds of threads on here about a drop in sales. I diversified my business a little while ago because I could see a few things happening with Fiverr that would mean my orders would drop. If you look online it doesn’t have the greatest of reputations, but there are always those that either love or hate just about any site on the internet.

Fiverr is going through a drop in orders at the moment. Downtime over the summer as well as a poor online reputation have hit it quite hard. Buyers need to regain confidence in the platform. This won’t happen overnight.

Humm… I think Writer99025 is correct. It goes up and down. I have been selling for 3 years and I have seen a pattern. For me in the summer time of June to August it is slow. It picks up and then by this time until late October is it down again. The top of the year is fantastic.

As far as Fiverr’s reputation I think the issue is buyers want amazing work for $5 or they try to steal the work. There are a lot of non-professionals to weed through and sometimes buyers get burned and sometimes sellers get burned. I think as sellers when the majority of us are consistent with our values and work ethic it gives people less opportunity to complain or to be opportunistic. That is why watermarking or tagging and completing the orders before giving the final file is important. What has been bothering me the most is that some buyers are thieves and potential buyers and sellers are not able to read our seller responses on the Gig page. I am not writing of the separated gig pages but the page that post all of a sellers gigs.

I have enjoyed selling on Fiverr and most of the time they are helpful in dealing with bad buyers.

I can’t really offer a terrible amount of help, since I am brand new here. I joined on Labor Day… did 5 orders my first week. And then heard not a peep since. Well, minus one message that I had to flag for inappropriate behavior, and 2 proposals that were way outside of what I can offer to do for the budget they had in mind. I did find that sharing my gigs on social media seemed to help, but I really don’t want to do that every week. Hope it picks up for all of us soon!! Keep on keepin’ on!

• 4 weeks later...

Why? I’ve been frequently working on this website since the start of Summer and for some reason, my gig isn’t showing up in the search results for narration, even when I try to add filters specific to my Gig. This is really frustrating and concerning. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Archived