🎣 What led you here?

sydneymorgan

What led you here? What motivated you to join and become successful?

I’ll share

When I was little, I wrote a short story and cheated by enlarging the font, then I asked my parents to print out all 100 pages so I could feel like a “published” author. During the day, I would spread out my homeschool work and pretend to be a teacher while I graded myself (then my mom would give me an official grade). In junior high, I helped my friends type their handwritten papers onto the computer because I was the fastest typist in my class, and I was always in charge of correcting group projects.

It’s funny because, when I started on Fiverr a couple years ago, I was confused about how I should pursue my passions. I stepped into the world of freelancing as a “side thing” until I figured it out. But, once I began getting projects, I soon saw the great opportunity that was right in front of me.

It took me a little while to convince myself of such a “non-traditional” career path, but I’ve been here since 😊

I discovered Fiverr through a YouTube video my younger brother showed to me by PewDiePie. I’m not successful here at this time, but I’ve sold a few commissions on DA and it motivated me to try my luck as a freelancer to sell more commissions along with other portions derived from my skills I’ve worked on over the years. I love designing for myself and surprising others with gifts, too, so I can’t wait to see what Fiverr will have in store for my future experiences!

I don’t know, it just happened, I had no idea one could make money online, I found out about online freelancing in Jan 2014 from someone in a chance conversation, joined Fiverr in Feb 2014, started making money in April 2014, became a TRS one year later, made a mini-fortune and I’m still pinching myself that I’m making money online. [i’m still in a daze
my life is before-Fiverr and after-Fiverr
]

First learned Fiverr existed from a little TV show called Tosh.0 back in '13-'14, hosted by this guy Daniel Tosh. He created a gig where he’d display every buyer’s name on his show for the basic fee.

Apparently he made thousands, which amount to little when compared to TV air time costs.

Anyway, lost my job years later and decided I should give this Fiverr thing a try. It’s been doing miracles for me ever since.

First learned Fiverr existed from a little TV show called Tosh.0 back in '13-'14, hosted by this guy Daniel Tosh. He created a gig where he’d display every buyer’s name on his show for the basic fee.

Apparently he made thousands, which amount to little when compared to TV air time costs.

Anyway, lost my job years later and decided I should give this Fiverr thing a try. It’s been doing miracles for me ever since.

The Fiverr seller didn’t pay for TV air time, Tosh.0 is always looking for cool stuff online, that’s why the show is called .0. He’s always sharing funny youtube videos, etc. Sometimes he interviews famous and infamous Youtube personalities.

One day out of the blue, a good friend of mine messaged me and said "Hey, I found this site, you should give it a try."
I had the “Whaaaaat, only $5???” reaction at first, but I thought heck it won’t hurt to try, so I tried creating gigs where it wouldn’t take up too much of my time. I also thought I can just do it during the summer and I can quit anytime.

Well, it’s not like I make thousands every month, but it has become a nice extra source of income, that’s for sure, thanks to my friend.

When my friend is around when I get a tip, I buy him Starbucks! 😃

Archived