šŸ˜® Quick Response Paranoia

sydneymorgan

I had the silliest thought yesterdayā€¦

A couple months ago, Fiverr released a pre-written quick response ā€œIā€™m not able to do thisā€ with a message that read: ā€œYour request does not align with the services I offer.ā€ Unlike any of the other quick responses that sellers can create, this one was blue (the QRs sellers create show as gray) and it had the šŸš« icon next to it.

Is it possible that Fiverr looks at how many times sellers use it?

Do they take into account what keywords the buyer used to find the seller, and determine whether those keywords are relevant to the sellerā€™s gig based on if the seller used the ā€œnon-relevantā€ quick response? šŸ˜®

I had the silliest thought yesterdayā€¦

A couple months ago, Fiverr released a pre-written quick response ā€œIā€™m not able to do thisā€ with a message that read: ā€œYour request does not align with the services I offer.ā€ Unlike any of the other quick responses that sellers can create, this one was blue (the QRs sellers create show as gray) and it had the šŸš« icon next to it.

Do they take into account what keywords the buyer used to find the seller, and determine whether those keywords are relevant to the sellerā€™s gig based on if the seller used the ā€œnon-relevantā€ quick response? šŸ˜®

No Iā€™m sure they donā€™t care about that.

Iā€™m also sure they donā€™t go through the type of complex analysis you describe to match how many times that response was used to how many times the people who messaged them used certain keywords.

They wouldnā€™t tie certain messages the seller sends to keywords that were searched on.

Iā€™m also sure they donā€™t go through the type of complex analysis you describe to match how many times that response was used to how many times the people who messaged them used certain keywords.

They wouldnā€™t tie certain messages the seller sends to keywords that were searched on.

Wow, looking back I just realized how much Fiverr has evolved. I can still remember the days where sending the same response to several user inquiries would make the system automatically flag me for ā€œspammingā€, even if it was a generic but detailed ā€˜thank youā€™ message.

In the past, CS told me so many times to avoid using canned replies and make them unique since they were automatically flagged by the system (yet CS used them so many times themselves!), and then, oh so late, they introduced quick responses to alleviate that problem (and maybe have an excuse for their own canned replies šŸ˜ƒ )

So my thought is that Fiverr introduced quick responses to actually stop looking at our canned responses and how many times we use them šŸ˜ƒ

Such algorithms exist and could be implemented, although I admit itā€™s unlikely. It was just a random thought that popped into my head last night šŸ™‚

Wow, looking back I just realized how much Fiverr has evolved. CS told me so many times to avoid using canned replies and make them unique since they were automatically flagged by the system

I agree! I used to have to re-type the details of my services every time I received a message, getting creative with my wording. The little things like quick responses have ended up saving sellers a lot of time overall.

So, Iā€™m not complaining about any of it (just sharing a wild possibility) šŸ˜„

Such algorithms exist and could be implemented, although I admit itā€™s unlikely. It was just a random thought that popped into my head last night šŸ™‚

Wow, looking back I just realized how much Fiverr has evolved. CS told me so many times to avoid using canned replies and make them unique since they were automatically flagged by the system

I agree! I used to have to re-type the details of my services every time I received a message, getting creative with my wording. The little things like quick responses have ended up saving sellers a lot of time overall.

So, Iā€™m not complaining about any of it (just sharing a wild possibility) šŸ˜„

just sharing a wild possibility

Conspiracy material - you now have my full attention! :crazy_face:

Archived