The Right Writing Tips Think Tank Thread Or What to Write or What Not to Write Tips & Tricks

Guest scriptwizard

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: I can’t get people to respond when they order a gig or to read or like my thread, trying to get people to part with their money at the best of times is like trying to squeeze blood out of a stone (for me at least), so, I’ve got zero chance of persuading others to even think for themselves let alone to make questionable decisions. Look what happened when I tried to convince ved & you to take my sweets or free gifts… its pointless me trying.

I’ve tried all sorts in the internet marketing game & found nothing that works (like a whole lot of other people). ved found something that works but he is playing at secret Squirrel in case that information helps his competition to grow (rightly so). In that respect the question anyone should ask themselves is, why would anyone sell the formula that makes them money? They shouldn’t really for exactly the same reason as ved won’t. It’s probably because they know it won’t work but did once upon a time before the market fashion changed.

To be honest, if people want to buy anything, they’ll go to Amazon directly via their own Amazon accounts, simples… The good thing about affiliate marketing is if you are creating your own products for others to sell or to load your own eBook product with a ton of interesting, tempting, relevant affiliate links.

Writing is my game & information products, articles, eBooks, reports, reviews & so on make money. That is the only thing that has proved to me that can make money, so it’s just as well that I can write. Unfortunately though, you have to be a factory writer here to make money & I don’t do factory anything.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@scriptwizard: I will happily accept help writing some killer gig descriptions when I get my samples finished. I’m just one of those women that prefer spicy over sugary.

I design craft projects and patterns and post a good number on my blogs as tutorials for free-- basically because the ad revenue pays me more than selling the patterns or finished products would with significantly less effort. I also don’t have to worry about enforcing my copyrights or intellectual property nearly as much as I would if I were selling a pdf of the same information (there are still some thieves, but usually emailing them requesting that might rights be respected is all it takes.)

Sometimes (usually not though, because I’m lazy in this area) I’ll hyperlink the entire supplies like using affiliate links. Retailers like Amazon would make a lot more money off of writers like me if they had a feature where authors could make a list of items and readers/customers could ad the entire list to their carts at one time. I played around with the idea of gathering up the supplies and providing kits but after doing the math it is just too bothersome and expensive (and requires more storage than I have available.

Of course the drawback is when my time for blogging gets jammed up with other things (family emergencies and life in general) which affects traffic.

@scriptwizard: I will happily accept help writing some killer gig descriptions when I get my samples finished. I’m just one of those women that prefer spicy over sugary.

I design craft projects and patterns and post a good number on my blogs as tutorials for free-- basically because the ad revenue pays me more than selling the patterns or finished products would with significantly less effort. I also don’t have to worry about enforcing my copyrights or intellectual property nearly as much as I would if I were selling a pdf of the same information (there are still some thieves, but usually emailing them requesting that might rights be respected is all it takes.)

Sometimes (usually not though, because I’m lazy in this area) I’ll hyperlink the entire supplies like using affiliate links. Retailers like Amazon would make a lot more money off of writers like me if they had a feature where authors could make a list of items and readers/customers could ad the entire list to their carts at one time. I played around with the idea of gathering up the supplies and providing kits but after doing the math it is just too bothersome and expensive (and requires more storage than I have available.

Of course the drawback is when my time for blogging gets jammed up with other things (family emergencies and life in general) which affects traffic.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: You are doing the right thing though, that is perusing things that interest you most, things that you know you are good at. That is the fundamental rule to making anything succeed whatsoever online full stop.

If people don’t fixate on those things (that they know about, are good at, interested in with a passion) then their aim to make money online would be very short lived indeed. That is because it will take time to develop & grow, without that hungry passion to fuel the ongoing body & mind power over that learning curb, they will just simply give in & shrivel away.

By the way if it’s storage you need open up an account with Amazon S3, it’s totally inexpensive (for real) & if you think (like many do initially) that the system is too complex to understand how to work it, then use it via a free platform called “CloudBerry Explorer” for Amazon S3. Let me tell you now, use that interface & it makes using Amazon S3 child’s play (for real).

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: You are doing the right thing though, that is perusing things that interest you most, things that you know you are good at. That is the fundamental rule to making anything succeed whatsoever online full stop.

If people don’t fixate on those things (that they know about, are good at, interested in with a passion) then their aim to make money online would be very short lived indeed. That is because it will take time to develop & grow, without that hungry passion to fuel the ongoing body & mind power over that learning curb, they will just simply give in & shrivel away.

By the way if it’s storage you need open up an account with Amazon S3, it’s totally inexpensive (for real) & if you think (like many do initially) that the system is too complex to understand how to work it, then use it via a free platform called “CloudBerry Explorer” for Amazon S3. Let me tell you now, use that interface & it makes using Amazon S3 child’s play (for real).

@scriptwizard: Thank you, I believe I’m doing the right thing now, I was on the right track up until some years ago and long story short, my husband believed his business was more valuable than mine (and he is bad at accounting) so he confiscated every dollar I made (nothing was off limits, even my birthday money), and totally destabilized my life (I almost divorced the snit out of him over it) and our children’s as well as my work.

I came very close to quitting, it was difficult to see it all crumble when I’d made it so successful.

Things are much better now, but my work online has taken a hard hit and I’m working slowly but surely to get my audience back and my traffic up. I have a ton of online storage and a terabyte drive here at home, it’s physical storage that’s limited. In the future if I lease a retail space (which is a possibility) then I’ll go back to the idea of supplying craft kits. In the meantime, I’ll continue to feed a steady percentage of my current income into my blogs (SEO, themes, art, advertising, etc) to get them back up to where they should be.

You’re also very right in that its necessary to fixate. I get ribbed and poked at by friends for spending too much time on the computer and my phone only to hear them whinge and cry that no one reads their blogs or buys their products or visits their websites. If they want to stop criticizing me for a minute or two I’ll help them figure out what they need to focus on but as long as they carry on teasing me I’m happy to laugh along side them and quietly collect my money from advertisers.

@scriptwizard: Thank you, I believe I’m doing the right thing now, I was on the right track up until some years ago and long story short, my husband believed his business was more valuable than mine (and he is bad at accounting) so he confiscated every dollar I made (nothing was off limits, even my birthday money), and totally destabilized my life (I almost divorced the snit out of him over it) and our children’s as well as my work.

I came very close to quitting, it was difficult to see it all crumble when I’d made it so successful.

Things are much better now, but my work online has taken a hard hit and I’m working slowly but surely to get my audience back and my traffic up. I have a ton of online storage and a terabyte drive here at home, it’s physical storage that’s limited. In the future if I lease a retail space (which is a possibility) then I’ll go back to the idea of supplying craft kits. In the meantime, I’ll continue to feed a steady percentage of my current income into my blogs (SEO, themes, art, advertising, etc) to get them back up to where they should be.

You’re also very right in that its necessary to fixate. I get ribbed and poked at by friends for spending too much time on the computer and my phone only to hear them whinge and cry that no one reads their blogs or buys their products or visits their websites. If they want to stop criticizing me for a minute or two I’ll help them figure out what they need to focus on but as long as they carry on teasing me I’m happy to laugh along side them and quietly collect my money from advertisers.

Guest scriptwizard

I see what you mean now by the need for physical space (not digital as I imagined it). If only you could keep you patterns A4 size you could fax them or do a whole batch of pdf pattern sections that your customers have to print out & stick together like a giant patch work assemble by numbers kit lol… Well anyway, since I don’t have a clue what’s involved you may as well know that was the best I could do with my sense of humour act on that subject.

Your husband sounds like the kind of guy who would be crying about Margaret Thatcher’s death right now… Nice guy, you do sure pick 'em good mate lol

Guest scriptwizard

I see what you mean now by the need for physical space (not digital as I imagined it). If only you could keep you patterns A4 size you could fax them or do a whole batch of pdf pattern sections that your customers have to print out & stick together like a giant patch work assemble by numbers kit lol… Well anyway, since I don’t have a clue what’s involved you may as well know that was the best I could do with my sense of humour act on that subject.

Your husband sounds like the kind of guy who would be crying about Margaret Thatcher’s death right now… Nice guy, you do sure pick 'em good mate lol

@scriptwizard: LOL, with crafters the adage “Money or suffering” gets applied in all the wrong ways sometimes. It never fails to amaze me that someone will spend 40+ hours making a doll that looks just like one from a children’s book and then not want to take 10 minutes to tape something together-- it’s just how they are. Pdf files are a good possibility for the right kinds of projects, but as you pointed out they should be in scale with an A4.

My hubs isn’t a bad guy in general, he was trying to catch a falling knife by the blade and completely lost track of reality. He’s doing well now that he is working for a company and not self-employed.

@scriptwizard: LOL, with crafters the adage “Money or suffering” gets applied in all the wrong ways sometimes. It never fails to amaze me that someone will spend 40+ hours making a doll that looks just like one from a children’s book and then not want to take 10 minutes to tape something together-- it’s just how they are. Pdf files are a good possibility for the right kinds of projects, but as you pointed out they should be in scale with an A4.

My hubs isn’t a bad guy in general, he was trying to catch a falling knife by the blade and completely lost track of reality. He’s doing well now that he is working for a company and not self-employed.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: You must be loaded then with all that dosh (dollars) being pumped into one household. I know the kids will eat some of it but even so I reckon your like lady of the Manor with pattern cutting servants & chambermaids & all that jazz lol

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: You must be loaded then with all that dosh (dollars) being pumped into one household. I know the kids will eat some of it but even so I reckon your like lady of the Manor with pattern cutting servants & chambermaids & all that jazz lol

@scriptwizard: Not quite living out the champagne wishes and caviar dreams, more like a decent whiskey & cherry RC musings and grilled tilapia cat naps but it’s really nice knowing we have the basics covered; I still have a few debts to pay off (and you know… that pesky house to replace the one we lost) before I can go full throttle and lay out some cash on the Waterford crystal pin cushions and fine silver Tiffany knitting needles.

@scriptwizard: Not quite living out the champagne wishes and caviar dreams, more like a decent whiskey & cherry RC musings and grilled tilapia cat naps but it’s really nice knowing we have the basics covered; I still have a few debts to pay off (and you know… that pesky house to replace the one we lost) before I can go full throttle and lay out some cash on the Waterford crystal pin cushions and fine silver Tiffany knitting needles.

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: …& don’t forget the Butler for the cutlery & chauffeur for the Bentley… Oh! & my gigs here at Fiverr for the chicken feed for my peasantry!

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @wendym: …& don’t forget the Butler for the cutlery & chauffeur for the Bentley… Oh! & my gigs here at Fiverr for the chicken feed for my peasantry!

Guest scriptwizard

Reply to @renu5988: If a gig title is not clear about what it is offering I would say, “Sure, that could pose problems.” However, would that not be implying that some people will (regardless of the offer) just go right on ahead & click through to order without even understanding what the gig is all about? Everyone needs more fools like that in Fiverr (I imagine).

It is an issue I think with people who really believe that they are good at skim reading but in reality they are completely hopeless at it & will literally just pick out one or two words that suit their needs (they see only what they want to see or what they imagine it all to mean without re-reading it - Just pure laziness really)… That is not to suggest that a majority of people do this at all.

They are unable to comprehend the meaning of a string of words because they are in the habit of skimming through the written word to no effect. The understanding of a sentence always literally depends on the reader acknowledging that sentence in its entirety (or indeed sentences following or preceding it) but never just pieces of it. If people were to skim read through this entire message for example; they may deduce that it implies all people are hopeless at reading & feel insulted by that.

Archived