The Right Writing Tips Think Tank Thread Or What to Write or What Not to Write Tips & Tricks

scriptwizard

ARTICLE WRITING FORMULA, MY 3 PRINCIPLES TO MAKE A GREAT SELLER & MORE…

All about writing, to help, for fun or to offer ANY kind of WRITING TIPS/Tricks whatsoever. LAZY SKIM READERS NEED NOT APPLY or just to amuse others with words.

Now naturally, this isn’t going to be traffic popular since not everyone is into writing… In fact people struggle to read these days, so writing won’t interest many people either (it’s probably a bit like too much hard work to many) but I love writing, so, this will be a place where I am willing at least; to help anyone who is having writers block or any other writing-type difficulties (& I am willing to contribute constructively for free in any way I can with any writing needs whatsoever).

Here anyone can throw in anything to do with the playing of words & the idea is that anyone can contribute in any way to either improve on someone else’s comment, gig content, title, poem, statement, paragraph or any other wordy theme, with a view to offering a solution, presenting a problem or just pure & simple playing with words imaginatively for the pleasure of it.

This thread is principally to help others & to share any "What to write or what not to write tips."

I come to this forum for my breaks (breaking away from serious writing to a more relaxed writing setting). Sometimes I get so desperate to write; I come here to find any excuse to write something for the sake of writing. Therefore this thread (hopefully) will give me another sense of purpose & keep me busy.

I have one fundamental writing tip for you in my 2nd principle (see below) followed by my ever-growing writing tips in the 1st comment (made by me):

To kick off here’s MY THREE PRINCIPLES TO BECOME A BEST GIG SELLER:

1. Find your niche that you are passionate about, very interested in, can perform exceptionally well at, are gifted with, that is unique, that you can apply your own unique characteristics to, can become an authority in or just plain have the means, scope and ability to perform & deliver. DO NOT EVER set unrealistic delivery times to your gig even if someone else offers the same gig quicker, add an extra day if you are unsure or need to factor in unforeseen circumstances.

Think about this! If you had a queue of buyers you would have to adjust delivery times anyway, so it doesn’t necessarily matter to them when it is delivered (within reason) only that it is delivered but well (RELIABILITY & quality matter, get this wrong & you may as well stop using Fiverr OR Fiverr gig buyers will stop using you). Think ORIGINALITY, what can you offer that others do not.

Of course people are obsessed with shortening their delivery times as much as possible because they are busy chasing money. Get it wrong just a few times & you will suffer in your ratings. I say make buyers pay for the privilege of quick delivery once you have earned gig extra ability. Otherwise returning customers will demand the same service constantly but you may have got fed up with the mad pace after a short while.

2. Treat & think of customers like they were priceless. Engage with them, develop trust, bond with them, make them feel special, respond to their review/comments as in an individual sense (not as a dull boring automated repetitive response), as soon as they order greet them with a welcome message & let them know you are on the case.

Answer all messages & keep checking your Fiverr messages & activities EVERY day… COMMUNICATION is king/queen & everything that matters (in life generically too). Remember that any potential buyers will be reading your reviews including your response so that may be all that they can go on to work out what you’re like as a person. First impressions count.

3. Over-deliver: Give them much more than they expect. If you are a writer increase the word count; if you deliver traffic to websites/offers then send them traffic in excess of what was promised; if you deliver digital products throw in some jaw dropping bonuses. Before you deliver let them view the finished piece for their input… Buyers like to feel that they are a part of what’s being created/delivered and more importantly; if there is absolutely any reason that could cause you to get a bad review could possibly be smoothed out beforehand (quality & value). This would include bonuses & if you would prefer to call it deliver extra value (rather than over-deliver) that’s fine too… Only I assume your gig either delivers quality & value or it doesn’t (& both really are a minimum requirement).

Apply these three principles & I guarantee you will succeed (but I stress that this is only possible if you are determined enough, patient enough & willing… It is a learning curb, so we can learn from our mistakes [mistakes are good because that’s the only way we can improve & move on] and make those effective improvements as we go).

HOW TO WRITE AN ARTICLE

There are many different techniques but this one is up there with the best.

Formula:

There are 4 main parts to an article, The Title, The Introduction, the main body of content and a conclusion.

The Title

The title needs to be attention grabbing

“How To Shed 1 Stone in Weight in 1 Week Without Ever Feeling Hungry.”

The Introduction

This is a very important part of your article; it has to be a great opener to attract the reader’s attention, so that they have to keep reading & are hungry for more. If your introduction fails to deliver, no one is going to bother to read the rest of the article if it is dull, boring and doesn’t grab the reader’s attention.

You could start with something like

“If you want to lose those pounds without ever feeling hungry then read on.”

Ideally (but none of this is fixed rule) you would have maybe 3-4 main points (covered in the article content) and in which case here you could give a brief overview of all the things to be discussed in the article.

Give them an idea what they will learn or achieve by reading this post. This is the bait, the reader must remain interested or they won’t read any further. In this case you might emphasise the point that by reading this post they’ll be able to squeeze into their skinny sister’s trendy cloths within one week (naturally this is not going to be possible & highly unlikely if the reader is a normal male [although some may be interesting in cross-dressing]).

Main Body of Content

For each of your 3-4 (or whatever number of points) your article covers, you would give a general account of the main point. You would also make a specific statement of the main point followed by several pieces of information that backs up the specific statement. This you would do to each and every main point covered in this article.

The Conclusion

Here you would only include ever include subject matter already covered but never introduce a new subject/topic that wasn’t included in the main body of content. Make a sweeping statement perhaps & recap all the points already covered. You should really emphasise on what the reader can now do with the information they have read & remind them then what they have learned, why this is beneficial to them.

[Then you’ll need a resource box at the end informing the reader the benefits of following the link to your website/offer or whatever the link points towards}

Hope this helps,

Be HaPpY, LuCkY & Successful in Life

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Writing Tip #1

Respond to Gig Order:

Here’s a writing tip for example; for those that become sick & tired of reminding all those buyers to respond to their gig/s orders…

Yes, you could in theory put a note in the instructions box to remind them but if like me you soon discover that no one actually reads anything at all these days (including title or description other than a quick scan read), then do not write anything at all in that instructions box & then no buyers will ever be asked to respond at all & the purchased gig/s will be processed immediately.

This is my best zero-writing-effort-tip I want to share with you.

Writing Tip #2

Keyword Placement:

Keywords are important, so place those primary keywords early in your title, at the beginning of the tags list & include them in the first sentence in your descriptions box.

Also note: The first sentence in your descriptions box (or part of a long sentence) can be seen directly under your title (in the ‘Home’ page) before qnyone clicks to go in to view your gig details. Therefore I suggest you include important information here that your title doesn’t cover (in CAPITAL letters to get noticed).

Writing Tip #3

Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation:

If you have a writing gig make sure all your spelling & punctuation is correct in your descriptions (& basically all that you write in messages). No one is going to be impressed if they are reading any sample of your writing that may give the impression you are an incompetent writer. The title is different because it restricts you & you do not have the freedom to be precise with punctuation (word count & special character restriction).

If I read any gig description content that features really poor English I automatically assume that there is going to be a serious communication problem with them in following my instructions or being unable to get much in the way of any understanding/communication full stop.

Writing Tip #4

Getting Buyers to Contact You First Before Gig Purchase:

If you want people to contact you first to discuss the details of their order first before purchasing the gig, what I do is put a message in the very first line of the descriptions box CAPITALIZED for example; “PLEASE MESSAGE ME FIRST BEFORE YOU BUY THIS GIG! because I want to be sure your request is doable.” That way this message can be seen directly under the title (visible before they actually click into the gig to view the details).

This works more times than it doesn’t but again people don’t necessarily even read the title properly (skim readers), so it still may evade some viewers.

Writing Tip #1

Respond to Gig Order:

Here’s a writing tip for example; for those that become sick & tired of reminding all those buyers to respond to their gig/s orders…

Yes, you could in theory put a note in the instructions box to remind them but if like me you soon discover that no one actually reads anything at all these days (including title or description other than a quick scan read), then do not write anything at all in that instructions box & then no buyers will ever be asked to respond at all & the purchased gig/s will be processed immediately.

This is my best zero-writing-effort-tip I want to share with you.

Writing Tip #2

Keyword Placement:

Keywords are important, so place those primary keywords early in your title, at the beginning of the tags list & include them in the first sentence in your descriptions box.

Also note: The first sentence in your descriptions box (or part of a long sentence) can be seen directly under your title (in the ‘Home’ page) before qnyone clicks to go in to view your gig details. Therefore I suggest you include important information here that your title doesn’t cover (in CAPITAL letters to get noticed).

Writing Tip #3

Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation:

If you have a writing gig make sure all your spelling & punctuation is correct in your descriptions (& basically all that you write in messages). No one is going to be impressed if they are reading any sample of your writing that may give the impression you are an incompetent writer. The title is different because it restricts you & you do not have the freedom to be precise with punctuation (word count & special character restriction).

If I read any gig description content that features really poor English I automatically assume that there is going to be a serious communication problem with them in following my instructions or being unable to get much in the way of any understanding/communication full stop.

Writing Tip #4

Getting Buyers to Contact You First Before Gig Purchase:

If you want people to contact you first to discuss the details of their order first before purchasing the gig, what I do is put a message in the very first line of the descriptions box CAPITALIZED for example; “PLEASE MESSAGE ME FIRST BEFORE YOU BUY THIS GIG! because I want to be sure your request is doable.” That way this message can be seen directly under the title (visible before they actually click into the gig to view the details).

This works more times than it doesn’t but again people don’t necessarily even read the title properly (skim readers), so it still may evade some viewers.

I totally like the idea of “Refuse” button (no penalties)… Sounds great. Appreciate your input here vedmak (interesting manoeuvre on that delivery twist albeit maybe dubious integrity wise). Thanks for this response… We live & we learn something new every day.

The instructions box is definitely a very useful tool though to safeguard oneself in the event of any dispute. For example; I have a gig up offering a ton of videos (100 in all) but I don’t want to give them away for $5 (one set of videos demands [rights file] that I cannot sell lower than a set price anyway), so in the title I can just about squeeze in (at the end) see gig extras, 5 vids sample for $5.

As we both know people do not read anything properly (they skim read but never really take in what they read properly). So when they just order without bothering to read the description’s content they will be notified again in the instructions that the single purchase of $5 will only get them 5 sample videos & that they need to order both gig extras.

My last buyer didn’t bother to read that instructions notice either & I had to manually remind them via message (& finally they ordered the gig extras).

My point here then is; if the buyer refused to pay because they felt cheated, I would be able at least to argue that this was all made clear enough in title, descriptions & instructions.

I totally like the idea of “Refuse” button (no penalties)… Sounds great. Appreciate your input here vedmak (interesting manoeuvre on that delivery twist albeit maybe dubious integrity wise). Thanks for this response… We live & we learn something new every day.

The instructions box is definitely a very useful tool though to safeguard oneself in the event of any dispute. For example; I have a gig up offering a ton of videos (100 in all) but I don’t want to give them away for $5 (one set of videos demands [rights file] that I cannot sell lower than a set price anyway), so in the title I can just about squeeze in (at the end) see gig extras, 5 vids sample for $5.

As we both know people do not read anything properly (they skim read but never really take in what they read properly). So when they just order without bothering to read the description’s content they will be notified again in the instructions that the single purchase of $5 will only get them 5 sample videos & that they need to order both gig extras.

My last buyer didn’t bother to read that instructions notice either & I had to manually remind them via message (& finally they ordered the gig extras).

My point here then is; if the buyer refused to pay because they felt cheated, I would be able at least to argue that this was all made clear enough in title, descriptions & instructions.

Is it possible that some gigs are going to attract, by title alone, people who have issues understanding written instructions?

It’s something to consider, if someone is struggling with writing to the point where they are like “Blast it! I’ll just go hire someone on Fiverr to write this for me” I think it’s likely they’ll struggle with reading comprehension as well.

If that’s the case, then forget about keywords and break the instructions for the gig into short simple directives and, if possible, do a video where you repeat those directions for the customer and see if that changes the game.

Is it possible that some gigs are going to attract, by title alone, people who have issues understanding written instructions?

It’s something to consider, if someone is struggling with writing to the point where they are like “Blast it! I’ll just go hire someone on Fiverr to write this for me” I think it’s likely they’ll struggle with reading comprehension as well.

If that’s the case, then forget about keywords and break the instructions for the gig into short simple directives and, if possible, do a video where you repeat those directions for the customer and see if that changes the game.

Hi wendym, it’s really nice of you to come visit, thanks.

Very true about the effectiveness of video, it’s always a winner to get anything across. Some people would genuinely have a problem with the written word agreed and the point of a title & how you word it is definitely all about attracting people as a stand alone tool (mmm! a title a tool? Well anyhow you know what I mean ).

A vast majority of people however, do have the ability to read but are too lazy to read most things in front of them, unless of course it is a book they bought or their own piece of writing. Most people skim read but fail to perfect this art & think they are good at it but in fact they are terrible at it & constantly either misinterpret what is read or miss the important points altogether. There’s nothing wrong with skim reading if you are good at it.

P.S. The keyword part of it is all about where your video will end up in amongst all the ads, get that right & you can even get your gig showing nearer the top of the page for certain keywords, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has to be worth anyone’s time I’m sure.

Hi wendym, it’s really nice of you to come visit, thanks.

Very true about the effectiveness of video, it’s always a winner to get anything across. Some people would genuinely have a problem with the written word agreed and the point of a title & how you word it is definitely all about attracting people as a stand alone tool (mmm! a title a tool? Well anyhow you know what I mean ).

A vast majority of people however, do have the ability to read but are too lazy to read most things in front of them, unless of course it is a book they bought or their own piece of writing. Most people skim read but fail to perfect this art & think they are good at it but in fact they are terrible at it & constantly either misinterpret what is read or miss the important points altogether. There’s nothing wrong with skim reading if you are good at it.

P.S. The keyword part of it is all about where your video will end up in amongst all the ads, get that right & you can even get your gig showing nearer the top of the page for certain keywords, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) has to be worth anyone’s time I’m sure.

I couldn’t agree with you more, spot on. I don’t think it’s most people’s consideration but it’ll make all the difference & without a doubt many people like you & me will go elsewhere if the English grammar is bad (I mean when it’s bad). It isn’t professional looking.

I couldn’t agree with you more, spot on. I don’t think it’s most people’s consideration but it’ll make all the difference & without a doubt many people like you & me will go elsewhere if the English grammar is bad (I mean when it’s bad). It isn’t professional looking.

@scriptwizard: I would say some people skim, while some are engaged readers, not a vast majority in either group.

What I meant above was that some gigs seem to beg for people who fall somewhere in the middle who may have a deficit, “For $5 I’ll write your book report” (Note to Sheriff, I’m not picking on anyone I have not seen this as a gig, I just made it up) is going to attract those people that are less likely to read a description fully let alone instructions. Where as a gig like “For $5 I will help you resolve the issues with your perpetual motion machine” would be far more likely to attract people that will carefully read the text.

I think if you are continually attracting folks that do not read thoroughly for whatever reason then there are two good tactics to try: either make your description easier to read/understand or appeal to the customers you’d prefer to deal with (those that read/understand descriptions and directions clearly.

@scriptwizard: I would say some people skim, while some are engaged readers, not a vast majority in either group.

What I meant above was that some gigs seem to beg for people who fall somewhere in the middle who may have a deficit, “For $5 I’ll write your book report” (Note to Sheriff, I’m not picking on anyone I have not seen this as a gig, I just made it up) is going to attract those people that are less likely to read a description fully let alone instructions. Where as a gig like “For $5 I will help you resolve the issues with your perpetual motion machine” would be far more likely to attract people that will carefully read the text.

I think if you are continually attracting folks that do not read thoroughly for whatever reason then there are two good tactics to try: either make your description easier to read/understand or appeal to the customers you’d prefer to deal with (those that read/understand descriptions and directions clearly.

Reply to @vedmak: Ahh! I see what you are getting at now, this isn’t dubious it’s more like poetic justice for those zero communicators, what else could you do in that situation anyway. I thought you were implying a kind of semi-sneaky ploy. I didn’t skim-read your comment earlier, I just got my head all twisted with this notion you were implying strategically marking it as complete well before delivery was due, knowing full well they (the buyer) was pretty much vacant lol

Reply to @vedmak: Ahh! I see what you are getting at now, this isn’t dubious it’s more like poetic justice for those zero communicators, what else could you do in that situation anyway. I thought you were implying a kind of semi-sneaky ploy. I didn’t skim-read your comment earlier, I just got my head all twisted with this notion you were implying strategically marking it as complete well before delivery was due, knowing full well they (the buyer) was pretty much vacant lol

Reply to @wendym: You’re getting too good at this now (Note: to sheriff), you’re thinking about what I can twist out of that before I get there. I think your point is a valid one in my perpetual motion mechanical brain opinion. Keep it all dead simple, yeah that’ll work… Although some don’t even bother going any further than a skim read over the title.

I just realized something about my description too, I cram in as much info as 1200 spaces will allow me to in that descriptions box but forget to apply spaces after 4 lines of words. Perish the thought that seeing more than 4 lines of text will seem like too much hard work to read on any further.

Lastly, you rightly remind me to acknowledge that there are many out there that do in fact read everything & take it all in, however, these people do not annoy me, it’s the lazy readers that are guilty here lol…

What’s the betting that most of all those that come into this thread (or even your thread) & see all that writing before the comments, will just run away because in their exaggerating prone mind it implies they would have to read a whole novel just to understand what these threads are all about?

I personally reckon the percentage is very high.

Reply to @wendym: You’re getting too good at this now (Note: to sheriff), you’re thinking about what I can twist out of that before I get there. I think your point is a valid one in my perpetual motion mechanical brain opinion. Keep it all dead simple, yeah that’ll work… Although some don’t even bother going any further than a skim read over the title.

I just realized something about my description too, I cram in as much info as 1200 spaces will allow me to in that descriptions box but forget to apply spaces after 4 lines of words. Perish the thought that seeing more than 4 lines of text will seem like too much hard work to read on any further.

Lastly, you rightly remind me to acknowledge that there are many out there that do in fact read everything & take it all in, however, these people do not annoy me, it’s the lazy readers that are guilty here lol…

What’s the betting that most of all those that come into this thread (or even your thread) & see all that writing before the comments, will just run away because in their exaggerating prone mind it implies they would have to read a whole novel just to understand what these threads are all about?

I personally reckon the percentage is very high.

@scriptwizard: I just advise from my experience. I used to resell hosting and gave it up after one too many people paid for hosting, followed my directions for pointing their new domain name to my servers and then a week later called me in the middle of the night (because I guess writing an email is too technical or perhaps their phones didn’t work during normal business hours) to ask “Where’s my website?” as if a fully formed, content rich, well designed site would just magically appear; so I know how stubbornly ignorant people can be when they are determined to that end.

Why in the name of all that is good and wonderful on this planet do I have to explain that the site has to be built and uploaded? Really?!!

Yes, when you write for the general public and want to have them follow instructions the reading level isn’t Herman Melville, it’s Dr. Seuss. Sometimes it takes some creative editing and rewriting to get that friendly yet crystal clear voice to come through but it’s possible.

@scriptwizard: I just advise from my experience. I used to resell hosting and gave it up after one too many people paid for hosting, followed my directions for pointing their new domain name to my servers and then a week later called me in the middle of the night (because I guess writing an email is too technical or perhaps their phones didn’t work during normal business hours) to ask “Where’s my website?” as if a fully formed, content rich, well designed site would just magically appear; so I know how stubbornly ignorant people can be when they are determined to that end.

Why in the name of all that is good and wonderful on this planet do I have to explain that the site has to be built and uploaded? Really?!!

Yes, when you write for the general public and want to have them follow instructions the reading level isn’t Herman Melville, it’s Dr. Seuss. Sometimes it takes some creative editing and rewriting to get that friendly yet crystal clear voice to come through but it’s possible.

Yes dear, it’s only possible if they actually read those crystal clear magical words in the first place lol

PLEASE RESPOND TO EACH & EVERY GIG ORDER YOU PURCHASE WHEN PROMPTED TO, BY TYPING IN AbSoLuTeLy ANYTHING. Even if that was the only message you applied in the instructions box 9 out of 10 cats would prefer to ignore it altogether.

So here’s the challenge, apply a string of magical crystal clear words together that viewers could not possibly ignore, fail to understand & will follow through with no qualms whatsoever, based on the notion you need them to respond to the gig they just ordered.

The most ingenious rocket scientific answer (optional) will win a PLR (Private Label Rights) email autoresponder ecourse on the subject of “Understanding PLR.” This is for real.

Yes dear, it’s only possible if they actually read those crystal clear magical words in the first place lol

PLEASE RESPOND TO EACH & EVERY GIG ORDER YOU PURCHASE WHEN PROMPTED TO, BY TYPING IN AbSoLuTeLy ANYTHING. Even if that was the only message you applied in the instructions box 9 out of 10 cats would prefer to ignore it altogether.

So here’s the challenge, apply a string of magical crystal clear words together that viewers could not possibly ignore, fail to understand & will follow through with no qualms whatsoever, based on the notion you need them to respond to the gig they just ordered.

The most ingenious rocket scientific answer (optional) will win a PLR (Private Label Rights) email autoresponder ecourse on the subject of “Understanding PLR.” This is for real.

Archived