Query regarding additional charges as a buyer

charlieprend

Hi there. I tried to find a similar thread on this but cannot see one. Apologies if this is a duplicate. I am loving user Fiverr as a buyer but am having trouble reconciling accounts. It appears that for every $6 spent at Fiverr I am charged £8.90 by my bank. $6 should be around £4.65 so presumably there are additional charges but I am not sure where these are from. Does anyone know if this is likely to be Fiverr, Paypal or bank charges. Whilst I appreciate it isn’t a huge amount I do order a lot of gigs and will usually tip meaning that I am usually being charged twice for each transaction and would prefer not to incur the additional charges if possible.

That does seem very high!
I can only imagine that it is bank charges for currency conversion or something like that.
This post may be useful as it explains a way to load larger amounts to your Fiverr account and cut down on transaction fees. If the extra fees are for currency conversion, then it should cut down on that too.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Why every buyer should have a Team Account

Are you a buyer, that is a buyer only and not a seller, also? If so, you may want to consider opening a Team Account. This is by far one of the best features 5r has implemented to help any and all buyers, from the occasional to the frequent. When...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 57 ❤

That does seem very high!

I can only imagine that it is bank charges for currency conversion or something like that.

This post may be useful as it explains a way to load larger amounts to your Fiverr account and cut down on transaction fees. If the extra fees are for currency conversion, then it should cut down on that too.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum default-apple-touch-icon.png

Why every buyer should have a Team Account

Are you a buyer, that is a buyer only and not a seller, also? If so, you may want to consider opening a Team Account. This is by far one of the best features 5r has implemented to help any and all buyers, from the occasional to the frequent. When...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 57 ❤

Thanks for the quick reply. That is a really useful link.

Archived