I just got hacked $700

johnkruger

I have been on Fiverr for almost a year now. However, the last three months have been the toughest as I have 3 hacking attempts made at my account. A couple of minutes ago, a user on Fiverr commandeered my account and placed an order for $700. I opened a dispute twice, but since he/she had access to my account, he/she kept withdrawing my dispute. I sent to messages to customer support (still waiting on their reply). As of now, I just lost $700. I really hope Fiverr customer support comes through. I am in total confusion as I speak. I could really use on the help in the world now.

If you are still able to sign in then you should change your password to lock-out the other person.

Create a new email address specifically for fiverr and change it to that.

If you used the old password on other sites, you need to 1) NEVER EVER EVER USE THE SAME PASSWORD on any site of consequence. And, 2) Go and change those passwords ASAP. Going forward, make a habit of changing your critical passwords on a frequent basis.

If their fraud prevention team is on the ball, they should be able to determine that the other requests came from somewhere nowhere near where you connect from, and reverse the damage.

I have been on Fiverr for almost a year now. However, the last three months have been the toughest as I have 3 hacking attempts made at my account. A couple of minutes ago, a user on Fiverr commandeered my account and placed an order for $700. I opened a dispute twice, but since he/she had access to my account, he/she kept withdrawing my dispute. I sent to messages to customer support (still waiting on their reply). As of now, I just lost $700. I really hope Fiverr customer support comes through. I am in total confusion as I speak. I could really use on the help in the world now.

a user on Fiverr commandeered my account and placed an order for $700. I

I’m confused. Did he order something from a seller for $700?

Did you receive any spam recently that had an .exe file or something suspicious?

Can you change your password?

Can you elaborate on what the hacker is doing?
Screenshots of the hacker countering your tickets would greatly cure my curiosity.

Have you told anyone your password? Can it be your sibling/parent/employee?

Did anyone send you a suspicious message/email recently?

Please share with us more info so that we can learn and take precaution.

How is that possible? How did you know there were 3 hacking attempts? I’m confused.

The first two times, the hacker sent a malicious code which I reported to Fiverr. Fiverr CS sorted that out. But this time, it was almost as though the hacker had full access of my account. Turning my vacation mode and fiddling with my messages.

It all began with a strange user saying he/she is available for work which I wanted to offer last month (mind you, I have never had any previous contact with the seller before). He/she then sent an offer for a caricature ($600). I declined it and promised to report to CS instantly. While trying to get to CS, he/she sent and accepted a $700 offer. I opened two disputes which he/she withdrew and then delivered the order - A man on a skateboard with some Spanish underneath (marking it as complete). After which he/she tells me “until next time”.

I immediately open a ticket with Fiverr support as regards the order. He/she updates the ticket saying that it was not a hack and that all has been sorted out, telling CS to have a blessed day.

That;s the current situation am in.

Guest hasanshardar

The first two times, the hacker sent a malicious code which I reported to Fiverr. Fiverr CS sorted that out. But this time, it was almost as though the hacker had full access of my account. Turning my vacation mode and fiddling with my messages.

It all began with a strange user saying he/she is available for work which I wanted to offer last month (mind you, I have never had any previous contact with the seller before). He/she then sent an offer for a caricature ($600). I declined it and promised to report to CS instantly. While trying to get to CS, he/she sent and accepted a $700 offer. I opened two disputes which he/she withdrew and then delivered the order - A man on a skateboard with some Spanish underneath (marking it as complete). After which he/she tells me “until next time”.

I immediately open a ticket with Fiverr support as regards the order. He/she updates the ticket saying that it was not a hack and that all has been sorted out, telling CS to have a blessed day.

That;s the current situation am in.

Sorry to hear that …

Archived