How to handle a buyer who messages too much?

misscrystal

You don’t want to work for them anymore as they are a pain in the bum, so there is no need of being afraid of appearing rude.

Say them in a friendly manner that you don’t see them a good fit for further transactions and go on.

If they keep bothering you, switch into Joe Pesci mode. Helps all of the time.

I told them today that I don’t think it’s a good idea to cast any spells for them, as they sent me a request for a custom order, which led to still more questions and messages.

I had the same experience with a repeating buyer, back when I had just started my Fiverr gig. I ended up doing several gigs with her and gave her an outstanding deal to get my service started here. She would send me unrelenting messages and questions concerning the design of her book cover, it also extended into her personal life, telling me about her vacations, children’s schedules, and sporting events. I tried to be as accommodating as possible, but after several orders and countless hours messaging her, I knew I had to do something to make this madness stop.

After some time between orders, I very tactfully told her that due to an increased work schedule and increased Fiverr orders (which were true), I had changed up some of my gig fees and added an extra gig price for more than 3 revisions. I also included an additional consultation fee for gig research.

I honestly love working with most of my buyers. I don’t mind explaining design ideas and publishing specifications with them, as a matter of fact, I like to get as much insight about a person’s design needs and wants as possible, so that I can prepare an awesome book cover for them.

Although, I totally get where you are coming from. My $20 quoted order, would have been a $600+ order, if the order had been done outside of Fiverr. I felt un-appreciated and very taken advantage of. She has not contacted me since my updated fee schedule for her… But, I must say… she did help me get a start here on Fiverr, so not all was lost 🙂

I hope you can use some of this information to help with your situation.

I had the same experience with a repeating buyer, back when I had just started my Fiverr gig. I ended up doing several gigs with her and gave her an outstanding deal to get my service started here. She would send me unrelenting messages and questions concerning the design of her book cover, it also extended into her personal life, telling me about her vacations, children’s schedules, and sporting events. I tried to be as accommodating as possible, but after several orders and countless hours messaging her, I knew I had to do something to make this madness stop.

After some time between orders, I very tactfully told her that due to an increased work schedule and increased Fiverr orders (which were true), I had changed up some of my gig fees and added an extra gig price for more than 3 revisions. I also included an additional consultation fee for gig research.

I honestly love working with most of my buyers. I don’t mind explaining design ideas and publishing specifications with them, as a matter of fact, I like to get as much insight about a person’s design needs and wants as possible, so that I can prepare an awesome book cover for them.

Although, I totally get where you are coming from. My $20 quoted order, would have been a $600+ order, if the order had been done outside of Fiverr. I felt un-appreciated and very taken advantage of. She has not contacted me since my updated fee schedule for her… But, I must say… she did help me get a start here on Fiverr, so not all was lost 🙂

I hope you can use some of this information to help with your situation.

Thank you for the response.

I’m afraid to send any kind of message at all as it just encourages them to send another flurry of messages.

Archived