Ability to underline in gig description

balacafa

That doesn’t work for most people. I’m a writer and it doesn’t take me 10% less time to write a second piece for someone.

It wouldn’t be a fixed thing. It would be something that a seller could choose to implement if they wanted to encourage people to buy more of their product.

• Like 1

You can do that though, via custom order. Just include a note in your FAQ or something that says: “Hey, talk to me about bulk orders for a discount!”

You can also do it with gig packages, by just lowering the price for higher word counts.

Not everyone buys through custom order though. They usually buy through the gig itself (at least in my case). And gig packages only work to a certain extent as their are only 3 options and for many gigs (such as drawing) the other gig packages are needed for other things (e.g. increased complexity / colours).

• Like 1

I feel like if you already noted in the FAQ or gig description that buyers should contact you separately for bulk orders and they fail to do it, that’s kind of on them. In that case, you could just mention it with a delivery as someone to keep in mind for next time.
But then again, it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all for them to not have taken that into account. What’s not to love about making more off of an order?

• Like 1

It’s not that it wouldn’t be a nice feature to have. I suspect that not enough people want this badly enough as an option that they’d actually end up implementing it.

You could do a poll in the forum to see how people respond?

My method is to purposefully misspell the word prior to my emphasized text, use all caps, embed a picture of Mr. T and sign it, “what up with that, killa?”

I don’t know that they pay more attention, but I feel better.

• Like 4

My method is to purposefully misspell the word prior to my emphasized text, use all caps, embed a picture of Mr. T and sign it, “what up with that, killa?”

I don’t know that they pay more attention, but I feel better.

I do the same, but I use Jeff Goldblum - it appeals to my customer base more (market research FTW):

827567580_flat800x800075f_u11.thumb.jpg.d3c8d68765c4abfdf2690695a21ac828.jpg
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sounds good but unsure that it’s really helps to increase sales :roll_eyes:

The purpose isn’t to increase sales. For certain gigs you may only have two options for that gig and so you are forced to add a third option just to add the second one.

This eliminates that issue.

• Like 8

The purpose isn’t to increase sales. For certain gigs you may only have two options for that gig and so you are forced to add a third option just to add the second one.

This eliminates that issue.

Hm…

Easy way to create a 2 option package gig - create 3 option gig and overprice the third option 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hm…

Easy way to create a 2 option package gig - create 3 option gig and overprice the third option 😄 You could do that but then you may end up with a big company buying your expensive package and expecting really complicated and high quality work that’s worth that price.

• Like 4

😁 You could do that but then you may end up with a big company buying your expensive package and expecting really complicated and high quality work that’s worth that price.

I think that serious buyers and companies must discuss all details before ordering expensive services.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It needs to have some fail safes in it. It needs tweaking.

You should have “business hours” where you are allowed at least 8 hours that do not count.

You should be able to put in vacation mode and it stops counting for the time you are gone. I mean seriously we are not allowed to take a cruise or be where there is no internet. Is that right?

Some tweaking is in order.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...