Change username to a desired one?

aj90iq1

I fear you can´t. And feel with you, I thought the name I picked would be a back-end username, not my visible handle. 😉 The only way to get a new username more to your liking is to first close this account (not allowed to have more than one active account at the same time per ToS), and, after you closed it, open a new one and take care to choose your name yourself. If you want to use the same mail, I think that´s not possible either, but if you contact Customer Support about it, perhaps they can assist you with that.

in this case im quitting fiver … I never liked the idea of an automated bot dictates which username to pick for me … I never wanted my username to be my email that is implicit information and if they care about privacy they should change that … plus now you can take anybody’s username and try adding @gmail or @outlook and there you go you got the email!!

in this case im quitting fiver … I never liked the idea of an automated bot dictates which username to pick for me … I never wanted my username to be my email that is implicit information and if they care about privacy they should change that … plus now you can take anybody’s username and try adding @gmail or @outlook and there you go you got the email!!

Were you not offered the choice of username when you signed up? I remember I was.

Hm. You created your account by clicking the google symbol I guess, so that it took your name from there? I created my account ‘manually’, not clicking the symbol and then you can choose your name and mail yourself. But, again, only Customer Support can help you with that.

I fear you can´t. And feel with you, I thought the name I picked would be a back-end username, not my visible handle. 😉 The only way to get a new username more to your liking is to first close this account (not allowed to have more than one active account at the same time per ToS), and, after you closed it, open a new one and take care to choose your name yourself. If you want to use the same mail, I think that´s not possible either, but if you contact Customer Support about it, perhaps they can assist you with that.

If you want to use the same mail, I think that´s not possible

Actually, AJ can contact customer support to completely sever the email from 5r account. After that, AJ can use the same email; otherwise, like you said, can’t sign up using an old email and new username.

I still use the same email from when I went from ga_riley2 to gina_riley2.

If you want to use the same mail, I think that´s not possible either, but if you contact Customer Support about it, perhaps they can assist you with that.

Yes, I just meant you can´t change it yourself, CS can.

Archived