Fiverr took my money

janecool777

Fiverr does not refund money to credit cards. All refunds are returned to a user’s Fiverr account.

That’s ILLEGAL you are holding MY money. I will not sit for this.

In a message dated 8/8/2017 12:54:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

fiverr_forum@discoursemail.com writes:

_jonbaas_ (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/jonbaas)  Regular  

August 8

Fiverr does not refund money to credit cards. All refunds are returned to

a user’s Fiverr account.

August 8

a user’s Fiverr account.

Calm down - there’s no point in shouting at @jonbaas - we’re all just forum users like you - nothing to do with Fiverr staff.

Here’s where you can contact customer services to discuss the matter with them:

favicon.icoFiverr.com fiverr-logo-new-green-9e65bddddfd33dfcf7e06fc1e51a5bc5.png

Fiverr Help and Education Center

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Sir, if you’re unhappy with one seller find someone which offer same services and you will get your job done and very professional work.

Also money will be on your Fiverr account and you can use them to buy gigs and the reason why you can’t get money back is because when you registered on Fiverr and when you start using selling or ordering on Fiverr you have to agree with Terms & Rules so that’s included on User Agreement.

But I suggest you to buy from another seller and your task will be completed and you will be happy.

Also if you want write what you need and we can help you.

Thank you.

P.S. See that : Terms

In addition to what @offlinehelpers and @jonbaas said, it is clearly stated in Fiverr’s Terms of Service that you get the refund as Fiverr credit for further purchases (and, when you buy with Fiverr credit, you don’t pay processing fees). By creating an account on Fiverr and by using that account, you have agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

In addition to what @offlinehelpers and @jonbaas said, it is clearly stated in Fiverr’s Terms of Service that you get the refund as Fiverr credit for further purchases (and, when you buy with Fiverr credit, you don’t pay processing fees). By creating an account on Fiverr and by using that account, you have agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

That’s it look for someone else who’s providing the same services you have your money in your fiverr account. So you and your hard earn money is secure… Please familiarize yourself with fiverr and how to use it. And the rest is already explained by fellow members.

August 8

a user’s Fiverr account.

There is nothing illegal about this. In fact, if you read Fiverr’s LEGAL Terms of Service, you will see them clearly state: “If an order is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the buyer’s Shopping Balance.”

Here is the link to Fiverr’s Terms of Service. You will find the above-quoted legal term listed under Sellers > Basics near the top of the page.

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

I do agree with everyone that it’s clearly stated in ToS that if order is cancelled, money is returned to user account balance and not refunded to credit card, BUT, Fiverr is like any other company, if you buy new refrigerator and you’re not happy with it, you can return it and get your money back - in some timeframe of course, so I think Fiverr must refund money on credit card if buyer request so. 😉 (I never requested that, so maybe Fiverr do that and janecool is just complaining before checking out with CS, so I’m just writing my opinion about how it should be) 🙂

I do agree with everyone that it’s clearly stated in ToS that if order is cancelled, money is returned to user account balance and not refunded to credit card, BUT, Fiverr is like any other company, if you buy new refrigerator and you’re not happy with it, you can return it and get your money back - in some timeframe of course, so I think Fiverr must refund money on credit card if buyer request so. 😉 (I never requested that, so maybe Fiverr do that and janecool is just complaining before checking out with CS, so I’m just writing my opinion about how it should be) 🙂

I think Fiverr must refund money on credit card if buyer request so.

If you read Fiverr’s Terms of Service, you will see that CS does return funds to the buyer’s payment provider if the buyer demands it, but they only do it a limited number of times in order to prevent fraud.

Sir, if you’re unhappy with one seller find someone which offer same services and you will get your job done and very professional work.

Also money will be on your Fiverr account and you can use them to buy gigs and the reason why you can’t get money back is because when you registered on Fiverr and when you start using selling or ordering on Fiverr you have to agree with Terms & Rules so that’s included on User Agreement.

But I suggest you to buy from another seller and your task will be completed and you will be happy.

Thank you.

I’ve already purchased what I needed from someone outside Fiverr. I’ve

contacted my credit card and it’s been disputed. They’ll take over from here.

In a message dated 8/8/2017 1:29:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

_devcode_ (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/devcode)   

August 8

Sir, if you’re unhappy with one seller find someone which offer same

services and you will get your job done and very professional work.

Also money will be on your Fiverr account and you can use them to buy gigs

and the reason why you can’t get money back is because when you registered

on Fiverr and when you start using selling or ordering on Fiverr you have

to agree with Terms & Rules so that’s included on User Agreement.

But I suggest you to buy from another seller and your task will be

completed and you will be happy.

Thank you.

(https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer#commercial-use-license)

Like I said, I’ve disputed the charge with my credit card. They will

handle it from here.

In a message dated 8/8/2017 1:29:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

_catwriter_ (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/catwriter)   Regular  

August 8

In addition to what @offlinehelpers

(http://forum.fiverr.com/u/offlinehelpers) and @jonbaas (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/jonbaas) said, it is

clearly stated in Fiverr’s Terms of Service that you get the refund as Fiverr

credit for further purchases (and, when you buy with Fiverr credit, you don’

t pay processing fees). By creating an account on Fiverr and by using that

account, you have agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

I’ve already purchased what I needed from someone outside Fiverr. I’ve

contacted my credit card and it’s been disputed. They’ll take over from here.

In a message dated 8/8/2017 1:29:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

_devcode_ (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/devcode)   

August 8

Sir, if you’re unhappy with one seller find someone which offer same

services and you will get your job done and very professional work.

Also money will be on your Fiverr account and you can use them to buy gigs

and the reason why you can’t get money back is because when you registered

on Fiverr and when you start using selling or ordering on Fiverr you have

to agree with Terms & Rules so that’s included on User Agreement.

But I suggest you to buy from another seller and your task will be

completed and you will be happy.

Thank you.

(https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service?source=footer#commercial-use-license)

es and you will get your job done and

Yes, Sir but on this way you’re against something which you agreed.

When you registered you agreed with Terms of Use and now you are saying like the problem is with Fiverr but the problem is you haven’t read Terms you only clicked ‘Agree’ button and now you’re saying Fiverr isn’t refunding your money.

Also you can use these balance when you need other services and also how they can be sure you not bought from same seller but without using Fiverr and that’s against rules, too.

Sorry Sir, I’m here simple user but you need to understand Fiverr is company and if you not read Rules isn’t their fault.

Best wishes.

I agree with your opinion and example. But if you buy something and sign contract where is says “If you’re not happy with it you can get new one but on same store” that’s rule and you can’t be against that after few days because that was agreement and also company can’t be against rules they created and signed. Same here. And I think Support team can’t do anything for that.

But anyway thank you for your opinion from me.

Like I said, I’ve disputed the charge with my credit card. They will

handle it from here.

In a message dated 8/8/2017 1:29:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

_catwriter_ (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/catwriter)   Regular  

August 8

In addition to what @offlinehelpers

(http://forum.fiverr.com/u/offlinehelpers) and @jonbaas (http://forum.fiverr.com/u/jonbaas) said, it is

clearly stated in Fiverr’s Terms of Service that you get the refund as Fiverr

credit for further purchases (and, when you buy with Fiverr credit, you don’

t pay processing fees). By creating an account on Fiverr and by using that

account, you have agreed to Fiverr’s Terms of Service.

Your Fiverr account will be closed since you’ve filed a credit card dispute for reasons that violate the ToS. Fiverr usually has no trouble sending you a refund on a first request, but perhaps you were impatient or gave them a hard time like you’ve been doing in this thread.

Either way, due to your credit dispute the matter is concluded.

Your Fiverr account will be closed since you’ve filed a credit card dispute for reasons that violate the ToS. Fiverr usually has no trouble sending you a refund on a first request, but perhaps you were impatient or gave them a hard time like you’ve been doing in this thread.

Either way, due to your credit dispute the matter is concluded.

You think I care about them closing my account. You think I’d ever use Fiverr anyway? I filed the dispute AFTER they refused to refund my money. So, if they close my account then they DO get to keep my money then, don’t they?

I totally get it.
If it’s one thing I can’t stand- it’s when these “for profit” businesses create a bunch of vividly clear “policies.”

Firstly, who has time to muscle through these “easy to read, grade level clarity, extremely necessary for the steady flow of customer to seller ratio” policies?

How is it my fault that I:

1. Signed my name
  2. Used my digital signature
  3. Suggested that I read policies that I didn’t read

am I right?

Look… I’m about one more concise and comprehensive comment away from a cognitive systematic shutdown. I’ll go Howard Beale all over this forum. I’ll send words eating through the flesh of online truisms… me, just strutting through the lost souls in a traffic of the internet speedway - like a modern day Michael Douglas in “Falling Down…”

(beat)

and… scene

You think I care about them closing my account. You think I’d ever use Fiverr anyway? I filed the dispute AFTER they refused to refund my money. So, if they close my account then they DO get to keep my money then, don’t they?

Hello, I understand your frustration BUT the terms of service say that you get a refund to your fiverr account. That means you accepted the terms of service when you used the site.

It’s legal as long as it’s in the terms of service.

I totally get it.

If it’s one thing I can’t stand- it’s when these “for profit” businesses create a bunch of vividly clear “policies.”

Firstly, who has time to muscle through these “easy to read, grade level clarity, extremely necessary for the steady flow of customer to seller ratio” policies?

How is it my fault that I:

1. Signed my name
  2. Used my digital signature
  3. Suggested that I read policies that I didn’t read

am I right?

Look… I’m about one more concise and comprehensive comment away from a cognitive systematic shutdown. I’ll go Howard Beale all over this forum. I’ll send words eating through the flesh of online truisms… me, just strutting through the lost souls in a traffic of the internet speedway - like a modern day Michael Douglas in “Falling Down…”

(beat)

and… scene

I appreciate your art.

I’m sorry but Fiverrs own terms of service stipulate that refunds will only be returned to Fiverr buyers in the form of credit.

I know exactly how you feel. You feel robbed, stung financially, and like this whole deal stinks. Recently, however, I found a whopping $579 charge on my card for automatic renewal of an online video making site which I don’t use anymore. The thing is, after a big argument with them, I have had to accept that yes, I clicked the automatic renew button when I signed up and yes, them taking a charge is fully within their rights.

My advice would be to try and turn a bad situation into a good one by using your new Fiverr balance to buy a service which you need and actually get something for your money.

• 1 year later...

it happens sometime , specially on spell casting gigs 😃

always buy from people that they guarantee full refund back in case of non customer satisfaction other wise most of them are money hunger.

There is no way to refund in Fiverr. Those who say 100% refund, are not having enough knowledge.

There is no way to refund in Fiverr. Those who say 100% refund, are not having enough knowledge.

I always do refund in case my customer not satisfied with the service , I just hate negative reviews because it effects my rep a lot and makes me lose more money and customers.

I always do refund in case my customer not satisfied with the service , I just hate negative reviews because it effects my rep a lot and makes me lose more money and customers.

I always do refund in case my customer not satisfied with the service , I just hate negative reviews because it effects my rep a lot

If your refunding orders to avoid bad reviews, you’re breaching Fiverr’s TOS by engaging in review manipulation.

Archived