ORDERS COMPLETED - rate drop

lecorbeaugris

will do so, thanks

92% is better?

will do so, thanks

92% is better?

100% is better. Every time you cancel or refund an order, your Orders Completed rating will go down. The lower this rating becomes, the more it can affect your placement in search results. Fiverr doesn’t want you to cancel orders, so they encourage you to work things out with your buyers, and if you do choose to cancel too many orders, that lower rating can penalize you.

The Orders Completed rating is tracked for 60 days. This means that your rating, after every cancellation. will not recover until 60 days have passed after each cancellation.

will do so, thanks

92% is better?

100% is better. Every time you cancel or refund an order, your Orders Completed rating will go down. The lower this rating becomes, the more it can affect your placement in search results. Fiverr doesn’t want you to cancel orders, so they encourage you to work things out with your buyers, and if you do choose to cancel too many orders, that lower rating can penalize you.

The Orders Completed rating is tracked for 60 days. This means that your rating, after every cancellation. will not recover until 60 days have passed after each cancellation.

@jonbaas I don’t understand this. Please explain more! 😃

Fiverr tracks your performance statistics, and many of them effect where you show up in search results (on on category pages). “Orders Completed” (i.e., cancellations and refunds) and “Orders Completed on Time” (i.e., referring to orders that go “LATE”) are tracked for 60 days after each cancellation or late order. For each 60 days after one of those events, you could be penalized for… well, cancelling orders, or not delivering on time.

Obviously, the takeaway here is that Fiverr wants you to not repeatedly cancel orders, and they want you to deliver all of your orders on time.

The lower those two ratings go, the more it will hurt your site’s visibility in the search results or category listings.

In compounded cases (where you have many cancellations or late orders), those 60 days of penalization can seriously hurt your seller reputation. Less visibility means less on-site orders.

Fiverr tracks your performance statistics, and many of them effect where you show up in search results (on on category pages). “Orders Completed” (i.e., cancellations and refunds) and “Orders Completed on Time” (i.e., referring to orders that go “LATE”) are tracked for 60 days after each cancellation or late order. For each 60 days after one of those events, you could be penalized for… well, cancelling orders, or not delivering on time.

Obviously, the takeaway here is that Fiverr wants you to not repeatedly cancel orders, and they want you to deliver all of your orders on time.

The lower those two ratings go, the more it will hurt your site’s visibility in the search results or category listings.

In compounded cases (where you have many cancellations or late orders), those 60 days of penalization can seriously hurt your seller reputation. Less visibility means less on-site orders.

Yes, too bad when the orders are cancelled by clients who changed their mind right after buying, or order without reading the gig description/instructions, unfortunately we can’t do anything about them.

Would like the cancellations to be differentiated though, as sellers are bought down even if they have no fault.

Yes, too bad when the orders are cancelled by clients who changed their mind right after buying, or order without reading the gig description/instructions, unfortunately we can’t do anything about them.

Would like the cancellations to be differentiated though, as sellers are bought down even if they have no fault.

Sure you can. You have 100% control over all cancellations. You do not have to blindly accept all cancellation requests from clients. You can work things out with them, and find ways to provide what they are looking for – without having to click “accept” on every cancellation request.

I don’t believe that buyers “accidentally” place orders.

Sure you can. You have 100% control over all cancellations. You do not have to blindly accept all cancellation requests from clients. You can work things out with them, and find ways to provide what they are looking for – without having to click “accept” on every cancellation request.

but the cancellation will take place anyway in a few days, even if you don’t accept it

but the cancellation will take place anyway in a few days, even if you don’t accept it

Not if you decline the cancellation.

Will fight harder then,

Have to since I can’t afford a drop bellow 90%, it’s frustrating since all my latest cancellation were not cancelled because of my work itself but rather by stupid reasons …

This is the most frustrating part for me when it comes to ‘Orders Completed’. Almost every week I have one or two clients buying one of my gigs by “accident” and seconds later they ask to cancel their order. I always contact them offering different alternatives but rarely I get any responses which forces me to accept their request before it automatically cancels it anyway.

This does not give me much option because If I keep battling these costumers rejecting their request to cancel if they don’t answer me, I believe they will most likely leave just a bad review in the end.

This is the most frustrating part for me when it comes to ‘Orders Completed’. Almost every week I have one or two clients buying one of my gigs by “accident” and seconds later they ask to cancel their order. I always contact them offering different alternatives but rarely I get any responses which forces me to accept their request before it automatically cancels it anyway.

This does not give me much option because If I keep battling these costumers rejecting their request to cancel if they don’t answer me, I believe they will most likely leave just a bad review in the end.

This may be fixed by Fiverr if they want by implanting a (little) time for cancelling orders without penalization and a punish tax for unjustified cancellations.

I see the penalization to sellers ( over ratio) about buyers unjustified cancellations to be excesive.

You are right you can’t prevent 100% of them, but if cancellations happen regularly, then it means we have to experiment with rewording parts of our gig and/or changing your pricing once you have enough overall sales. (As prices go up, the buyers tend to pay more attention to what they are ordering.)

If they have to contact you before ordering, that may have to be the first thing in your gig description.

Also note: Almost everybody has some cancellations. It becomes an issue when your numbers are worse than your peers. We almost all have a few “sorry, made a mistake” type cancellations.

You have 100% control over all cancellations.

I dont agree with it as we does not have control on it. In my case all of my gig required to read description and Frequently Asked Questions before the order. But last 60 days i got 4 cancelation, one cancelled by customer support ( i don’t know the reason) , two by me ( as they told me they order mistakenly, did not read the description and did not submitted the gig requirement) and another one by buyer ( same reason mistakenly). Now my order completed rate is 84%. Even i tried to work with them but one of them responded to me. So, i needed to cancel before the order delivery time!

You have 100% control over all cancellations.

I dont agree with it as we does not have control on it. In my case all of my gig required to read description and Frequently Asked Questions before the order. But last 60 days i got 4 cancelation, one cancelled by customer support ( i don’t know the reason) , two by me ( as they told me they order mistakenly, did not read the description and did not submitted the gig requirement) and another one by buyer ( same reason mistakenly). Now my order completed rate is 84%. Even i tried to work with them but one of them responded to me. So, i needed to cancel before the order delivery time!

I dont agree with it as we does not have control on it. In my case all of my gig required to read description and Frequently Asked Questions before the order. But last 60 days i got 4 cancelation, one cancelled by customer support ( i don’t know the reason) , two by me ( as they told me they order mistakenly, did not read the description and did not submitted the gig requirement) and another one by buyer ( same reason mistakenly). Now my order completed rate is 84%

So that’s three out of four orders that you had total control over – two that YOU chose to refund, and one that you ACCEPTED cancellation for. You had the choice to say no on those three orders, but you chose to cancel them, so yes, YOU had complete control over whether you wanted to cancel them or not.

If you’re receiving this many 'I ordered by mistake" orders, maybe there’s something that you can fix in your order description so that less people are confused.

I dont agree with it as we does not have control on it. In my case all of my gig required to read description and Frequently Asked Questions before the order. But last 60 days i got 4 cancelation, one cancelled by customer support ( i don’t know the reason) , two by me ( as they told me they order mistakenly, did not read the description and did not submitted the gig requirement) and another one by buyer ( same reason mistakenly). Now my order completed rate is 84%

So that’s three out of four orders that you had total control over – two that YOU chose to refund, and one that you ACCEPTED cancellation for. You had the choice to say no on those three orders, but you chose to cancel them, so yes, YOU had complete control over whether you wanted to cancel them or not.

If you’re receiving this many 'I ordered by mistake" orders, maybe there’s something that you can fix in your order description so that less people are confused.

You said that, 100% control! I said i did not agree! and you are telling me i should work on those order when i they did not submitted the requirement ? or telling me deliver the order without doing anything? No, my gig is totally well described and those are well described! Why do you think that it seller problem? It might be buyer who is just careless! and how you explain below situation?

715420063_ScreenShot2017-08-03at9_43.57PMcopy.thumb.png.7680eb035ef0b811ae62c9c9bb635fbb.png

Please check my earlier reply.

You said that, 100% control! I said i did not agree! and you are telling me i should work on those order when i they did not submitted the requirement ? or telling me deliver the order without doing anything? No, my gig is totally well described and those are well described! Why do you think that it seller problem? It might be buyer who is just careless! and how you explain below situation?

My point is, you had the choice to say “yes”, or to say “no”. YOU had that choice. You made the choices that you felt were right, but then you can’t be complaining about the results or the consequences of those choices. Take responsibility for your choices, and move on to the next one.

My point is, you had the choice to say “yes”, or to say “no”. YOU had that choice. You made the choices that you felt were right, but then you can’t be complaining about the results or the consequences of those choices. Take responsibility for your choices, and move on to the next one.

who is complaining? I am not complaining, i really dont care about it as i know this is the part of service. I just tried to explain to you that your statement about 100% control which i does not agree and explained why i am not agree! But you started blaming me! If i does not accept those cancelation, at the end seller will go to the customer support team and at the end they will cancel the order.

Fiverr, a cancellation rate of less than 100% can indicate that sellers like me won’t
allow buyers to get $50 worth of work for $5. If I did that then all my buyers would
be $5 buyers. They wouldn’t have any reason to ever spend more. But I would be at 100% with zero cancellations.

• 4 months later...

Right, unfortunately though, often – if a seller refuses to cancel and or tries to work something out with the buyer who may be suffering from “buyer’s regret” fiverr CS will cancel the order for the buyer.

I’ve had a few cases that I was able to re-sell myself and my services to a buyer who had asked to cancel, but most often after refusing to cancel, CS has stepped in and cancelled the order for them stating: “Unfortunately we can’t force a buyer to purchase services” or something similar – which is also true. 😑

• 3 months later...

Archived