Ask Buyers About Their Experience with Buyer Requests/Request Quotes

The forum is full of complaints from sellers about the buyer request section.
There are also a large number of complaints from buyers who have hired sellers based on their buyer request. The general advice from experienced buyers is to not use the buyer requests section. However, the section COULD be a hugely useful section but for the horrendous amount of spam requests which stop a lot of good sellers from even visiting it and the huge amount of rubbish responses that buyers receive.

It would be extremely interesting to check just how effective it is and to take some opinions of buyers who use it. I have never hired someone from the section as I have never got decent responses from it. Generally it is a mix of people offering irrelevant services and others with multiple accounts offering to do the service, each offer with a different price in the hope of getting the job. In my experience, it is a complete waste of time for buyers. The section should either be completely rethought and revamped or just closed.

The idea of closing it comes from the premise that when those buyers who use it only get rubbish responses/service, they leave the site disappointed and don’t return. If the section was revamped it COULD be great as it is the same format as other freelance platforms use and so people are used to it but as it is now I suspect it probably costs more clients than it helps.

I remember, my 1st 3 job was from Buyer request(Request Quotes). I got those 3 jobs by applying 12/15 ob post. Nowadays I have regular Buyer & My gig is in little good position on search, so I do not use RQ for job hunting. But a few days ago my sell dropped and tried to get some (30/40) job from RQ. No positive reply 😃
Fiverr should improve BR section and add some ALGORITHM.

In my opinion, it is very useful from a legitimate seller’s point of view. Most of my high-paying clients come from the BR section. And in general, the BR buyers are more inclined towards quality, thus compensating for the hard work of their sellers.

I agree in part with you, I have received some big clients there too. My concern is with those big clients who did not get a good seller to respond and instead got some of the rubbish responses I mentioned. When I first started as a buyer, I made some purchase on gigs before I tried BRs. If it had been the other way around I would have left the site never to return and laughed about how much of a joke the site was!

I agree in part with you, I have received some big clients there too. My concern is with those big clients who did not get a good seller to respond and instead got some of the rubbish responses I mentioned. When I first started as a buyer, I made some purchase on gigs before I tried BRs. If it had been the other way around I would have left the site never to return and laughed about how much of a joke the site was!

Yes, you are right. Even the selling posts in the BR section are enough to ward off the corporate buyers, who are looking for professional sellers. And this has truly affected the credibility of Fiverr. I have had a couple of buyers, who turned down my offers at the very last moment, after reading Fiverr site reviews by the unsatisfied buyers. So far, I have lost the business over $1800 to such cases.

The buyer requests truly is highly frustrating yet, it is where I had my 10 out of my 12 sales since November.
Buyers who hier sellers from the BR and get disappointed have no one to blame for their illogical action.
If there is anything fiverr could do about it fine but there is a Yorùbá proverb that says “cutting the head off is not a cure to an headache”.

The buyer requests truly is highly frustrating yet, it is where I had my 10 out of my 12 sales since November.

Buyers who hier sellers from the BR and get disappointed have no one to blame for their illogical action.

If there is anything fiverr could do about it fine but there is a Yorùbá proverb that says “cutting the head off is not a cure to an headache”.

“cutting the head off is not a cure to an headache”.

No, but cutting off a septic toe is better for the whole body!

“cutting the head off is not a cure to an headache”.

No, but cutting off a septic toe is better for the whole body!

There was a mistake in my statement above, so let me correct it.

Since November last year I have completed 13 orders, 12 of it was gotten through this same frustrating frustrating BR, I graduated from the University September last year and I don’t have another job, it’s just fiverr.

So! To you it is a toe , but to me and many others out there, it is the mouth and the mouth is in the head, and not the leg.

I will agree with you only on one condition, and that is,

If you can share your secret with us so we too can get orders without visiting the BR, when we’re even including those that will be joining fiverr soon without any reviews yet, then I will second the motion.

There was a mistake in my statement above, so let me correct it.

Since November last year I have completed 13 orders, 12 of it was gotten through this same frustrating frustrating BR, I graduated from the University September last year and I don’t have another job, it’s just fiverr.

So! To you it is a toe , but to me and many others out there, it is the mouth and the mouth is in the head, and not the leg.

I will agree with you only on one condition, and that is,

If you can share your secret with us so we too can get orders without visiting the BR, when we’re even including those that will be joining fiverr soon without any reviews yet, then I will second the motion.

Well my preference would be for Fiverr to make the BR section better, not to remove it, but if it was a choice between that and keeping it with nothing changing then I think it would be better in the long term to remove it completely as buyers would then have to use the search system instead.

As for my secrets, I don’t have any as I have been making what I do and suggest public for the past year and a half!

Check here for some of my posts with advice.

https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=upyour%20user%3Aeoinfinnegan

Well my preference would be for Fiverr to make the BR section better, not to remove it, but if it was a choice between that and keeping it with nothing changing then I think it would be better in the long term to remove it completely as buyers would then have to use the search system instead.

As for my secrets, I don’t have any as I have been making what I do and suggest public for the past year and a half!

Check here for some of my posts with advice.

https://forum.fiverr.com/search?q=upyour%20user%3Aeoinfinnegan

Thank you, I will try it out.

👍

I don’t have much use of it. Most of the time it’s filled with people who are selling. I always thought “Buyers requests” are supposed to be for people who are trying to find sellers. Not the other way around. And since I’m quite new here, one of the strongest advices is to go check exactly that section. Unfortunately, now I just have to sit back and wait for people to find me. 😕

I also think it should be completely removed or changed. The way it is now, there’s nothing someone new can do to find clients and job. I mean, sure you can always go around and spam link to your account. But mostly people ignore it. And the fact they take 20% commission from every sale and tips doesn’t really make me do it tbh. xD

Anyway, I do hope something will change soon. ^^

I think a similar suggestion was made about closing that section down but there were complaints. They really should consider asking buyers about their experience with the section so that the quality of posts improves. By quality I mean more posts from buyers and not sellers advertising their services.

It still boggles the mind at how successful spammers are while buyers keep running into brick walls. The worst section from what I’ve seen is Writing when compared to Illustration in that section. A formatting option wouldn’t be a bad idea either so that you’re not seeing a huge block of text while browsing.

Guest introvideos12

It has been extremely useful for me. Most of my orders come from buyer requests and I make sure I deliver. Closing the buyer request section is tantamount to closing my fiverr business… literally (till my gigs become more popular).

Guest introvideos12

You are right though because I have to filter through a lot of unreasonable requests, then you see posts from sellers advertising their gigs in the buyer request section.

Also, I feel for the buyers who have to go through filtering through the spam, scams and unserious sellers before they find a good one. I also usually feel my chances are slim because I picture huge bot and spam replies when I see a request with over 30 replies in just a few minutes!

Well, good and corporate sellers still visit the buyer request section. Speaking for myself, I need it even if it stresses me.

It was put there for a reason.

Archived