Can I suggest something?

iangeker

Hello, people

Acutally i want to suggest something to Fiverr
I know that there is ranking system for the designers on Fiverr, i think it is a very good idea because it will help people to chose designers or other freelancers.
But also I think there should also be a ranking system for clients too, so the designer can also decide if he/she would like to work for the customer.
because I think both opinion would be valued equally. and it is more fair to the designers.

Hope Fiverr can considerate it.

There is a review system for buyers too. You can see a buyer’s reviews by visiting their profile page. You can also see what other gigs they have purchased through the platform.

I can’t see the reviews a buyer has made on their profile page - ie. none where they are reviewing other seller’s gigs (I assume the only reviews that would be listed there would be those from when other buyers bought one of their gigs and left a review and that buyer decided to review the experience with that seller on that order). I also don’t see what other gigs they purchased on their profile page.

I can’t see the reviews a buyer has made on their profile page - ie. none where they are reviewing other seller’s gigs (I assume the only reviews that would be listed there would be those from when other buyers bought one of their gigs and left a review and that buyer decided to review the experience with that seller on that order). I also don’t see what other gigs they purchased on their profile page.

Hmmm, you’re right - when a person orders from me, there is an option to see their “order history.” But I do not see the reviews - I wonder what happens to the reviews when a seller reviews a buyer…

I’m glad that it’s not possible to see what buyers have purchased - at least it gives them a bit of privacy.

If you went to a supermarket, would you not be a little offended if the manager said ‘I don’t like the look of you, you can’t come in because I don’t want to sell anything to you’?

Fiverr is an open marketplace - you can’t pick and choose who you want to be your clients.

Hmmm, you’re right - when a person orders from me, there is an option to see their “order history.” But I do not see the reviews - I wonder what happens to the reviews when a seller reviews a buyer…

The seller => buyer reviews stay on your gig page - they aren’t displayed anywhere else.

I’m glad that it’s not possible to see what buyers have purchased - at least it gives them a bit of privacy.

If you went to a supermarket, would you not be a little offended if the manager said ‘I don’t like the look of you, you can’t come in because I don’t want to sell anything to you’?

Fiverr is an open marketplace - you can’t pick and choose who you want to be your clients.

Yeah, but I can see what they purchased anyway by searching google with “name of my potential buyer” + “fiverr” and results are his orders. So it would make my day easier if I could just click on their profile and see what other sellers have to say about him. 🙂

*Let’s be clear, I don’t say to buyers that I don’t want to work for them because they did, I don’t know what… But till now, only once, when I checked buyer, I saw that his 20 previous orders were all very problematic and every single seller rated him with 1 star for being rude, so I gave him quote that he had to say no to. 🙂

Yeah, but I can see what they purchased anyway by searching google with “name of my potential buyer” + “fiverr” and results are his orders. So it would make my day easier if I could just click on their profile and see what other sellers have to say about him. 🙂

*Let’s be clear, I don’t say to buyers that I don’t want to work for them because they did, I don’t know what… But till now, only once, when I checked buyer, I saw that his 20 previous orders were all very problematic and every single seller rated him with 1 star for being rude, so I gave him quote that he had to say no to. 🙂

“name of my potential buyer” + “fiverr” and results are his orders

True - but they’re not displayed on their profiles, and not every feedback left always turns up on Google, and of course, buyers’ feedback only shows if the seller has left it for them, which they don’t always.

I just don’t like the idea of feedback from purchases being visible - ebay got rid of it years ago, and anonymized the usernames as well.

I disagree with you.

i dont want to see what they have purchased,

but i would like to know their ratings,

which will help me to decide if i want to work for him or not.

and i think its more fair for the designers.

and i do think designers can pick and choose the clients they want to work with.

i mean it is a fair marketplace.

I cannot force you to buy something, and you cannot force me to sale too.

I disagree with you.

i dont want to see what they have purchased,

but i would like to know their ratings,

which will help me to decide if i want to work for him or not.

and i think its more fair for the designers.

and i do think designers can pick and choose the clients they want to work with.

i mean it is a fair marketplace.

I cannot force you to buy something, and you cannot force me to sale too.

If a buyer places an order with you, which they can without contacting you etc. it makes no difference what their previous reviews say - you’ve either got to work with them or cancel the order. Any cancellation leads to some sort of decline in ranking etc., even if its mutual.

Also, a buyer who may have been a nightmare for a previous seller might be a complete angel for you, and vice versa. The only people who should be able to see a buyer’s history and react to it in any way are customer services.

I wasn’t asking for any of what I mentioned in that, I was just saying that what was mentioned in the post above mine wasn’t possible.

However in general businesses do have the ability to decide who they do work for etc. (law permitting). Lets say a buyer never likes a particular sellers work, perhaps is insulting/rude, perhaps always cancelling or leaving 1 star reviews every time and saying “very bad”. Should the seller have to continually do work for that buyer? In the buyer requests section wouldn’t it be a bad idea for the seller to make an offer on that buyer’s request (what would be the point of the seller making an offer to a buyer who doesn’t like the work they produce)? It could be a competitor who had their own similar gigs (I assume they could be reported if they were very similar gigs and they were trying to make their competitors look bad).

I wasn’t asking for any of what I mentioned in that, I was just saying that what was mentioned in the post above mine wasn’t possible.

However in general businesses do have the ability to decide who they do work for etc. (law permitting). Lets say a buyer never likes a particular sellers work, perhaps is insulting/rude, perhaps always cancelling or leaving 1 star reviews every time and saying “very bad”. Should the seller have to continually do work for that buyer? In the buyer requests section wouldn’t it be a bad idea for the seller to make an offer on that buyer’s request (what would be the point of the seller making an offer to a buyer who doesn’t like the work they produce)? It could be a competitor who had their own similar gigs (I assume they could be reported if they were very similar gigs and they were trying to make their competitors look bad).

I can see your point, but it’s not up to sellers to do anything about buyers - if you as a seller have a problem with a buyer, please report them to CS. Sellers aren’t on Fiverr to be judge and jury - just take each buyer as they come, and if there’s a problem, then deal with it through the resolution centre and/or CS.

I agree with @offlinehelpers , buyers like having their own privacy which fiverr provide for them because for example if this feature was implanted and a buyer had a bad experience with 2 previous sellers then comes searching for a better sellers none will accept him cause his ratio is bad and that’s kinda force the buyer to always accept the work with a smile even if it’s not what he asked for just so he can keep his ratio high and that’s against fiverr vision to improve quality work of the website, in the other side this feature will be more than amazing if it was implanted in the buyers requests section if a buyer have a low ratio considering the amount of requests he created and how many jobs selection he had that will actually help the new even old sellers to better invest their limited 10 seller responses per day.

If a buyer places an order with you, which they can without contacting you etc. it makes no difference what their previous reviews say - you’ve either got to work with them or cancel the order. Any cancellation leads to some sort of decline in ranking etc., even if its mutual.

Also, a buyer who may have been a nightmare for a previous seller might be a complete angel for you, and vice versa. The only people who should be able to see a buyer’s history and react to it in any way are customer services.

okay, i got your point.

then what if I have worked with one buyer, and I dont want him/her to buy from me again. but still this person is trying to buy from me?

I dont want to cancle the order too regularly, because it will affect the ranking, so in this case, I think its not fair…

okay, i got your point.

then what if I have worked with one buyer, and I dont want him/her to buy from me again. but still this person is trying to buy from me?

I dont want to cancle the order too regularly, because it will affect the ranking, so in this case, I think its not fair…

That’s when CS can help you.

In the UK, at least that is the law. The person who owns or manages a shop has the right to ‘refuse admission and service’ without needing a reason. I know I’m a little off topic, but just saying…

In the UK, at least that is the law. The person who owns or manages a shop has the right to ‘refuse admission and service’ without needing a reason. I know I’m a little off topic, but just saying…

Well this could be another topic with many answers, but from legal point of view, I think you couldn’t do anything because Fiverr as company is true (legal) buyer of your services, not the “actual” buyer, because he is (legally speaking) buying services from Fiverr as company, paying them for the service - and then Fiverr hire you (according to buyers “wish”) to do work for them and Fiverr as company pay you for your work. 😉

That’s when CS can help you.

yeah, but if fiverr can just make this option for the designer, then things will be easier and smoother for the designers. then it becomes designer-friendly, it may attract more designers to this platform.

plus based on my experience, a lot of translators wrote in the description " please contact me before place the order." however, some customer they don’t read through the description, so they place the order right away.Due to sometimes the content is too technical, so the translator would not be able to translate it. so in this case, they would have an option to cancel it at the same time without lower the rank.

I guess you are working for fiverr? no?

sometimes, I think it’s better to listen to what people want, then just try to explain why the system has been like that… otherwise, one can never make a progress. because no system is perfect, we just want to make it better.

yeah, but if fiverr can just make this option for the designer, then things will be easier and smoother for the designers. then it becomes designer-friendly, it may attract more designers to this platform.

plus based on my experience, a lot of translators wrote in the description " please contact me before place the order." however, some customer they don’t read through the description, so they place the order right away.Due to sometimes the content is too technical, so the translator would not be able to translate it. so in this case, they would have an option to cancel it at the same time without lower the rank.

I guess you are working for fiverr? no?

sometimes, I think it’s better to listen to what people want, then just try to explain why the system has been like that… otherwise, one can never make a progress. because no system is perfect, we just want to make it better.

No, I don’t work for Fiverr - I’m just a buyer and seller like you.

As a forum member, I’m entitled to my own opinion as well, just like you also.

This is really helpful. Thanks for the suggestion.

Archived