Fiverr is getting expensive!

juango

Lately I’ve experienced many sellers asking me to buy multiple gigs when I contact them to see if they can help me. and it’s not “buy an extra gig” - it’s more like “it’ll cost you 15 gigs” WTF!! and it’s not overly complicated things I want to get helped with, mostly wordpress and CSS fix that I can do myself but just don’t have the time and in the past I’ve gladly paid an extra gig if the job well done, but now - the last 2 sellers were telling me to buy 9 resp. 13 gigs!!! Get real!

Guest matt_garry

wow go figure someone wants to make good money doing what they love pff

mite even be able to afford medical care or start saving for their kids college… how dare they

13 gigs = $65 that’s very low for anything webdesign related. I charge that for logo design. Figure a decent designer charges $30-50/hour, so it’s really only 1 to 2 hours of work they’re quoting you.

In any case what you can do is ask buyers with low purchase volume to do the work. They will likely do it very cheap because they’re looking to build feedback, ofcourse you will run high risk of getting crappy work done. Virtually everyone here still discounts their services quite a bit, but if you’re trying to get an experience person who has a job or orders coming in outside of fiverr, how can you expect them to work for minimum wage?

Another thing you need to look at is where the seller is from. You can’t ask someone from USA to work for the same price as someone from your country. I live in NYC and here anything below $30/hour is a complete waste of time. On the other hand anyone doing business in an area like mine has extremely stiff competition, so if they can make it here they probably know what they’re doing and won’t provide you with crappy work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

As mentioned before a seller should list exactly what they do for how much, if that is not clear in the sellers about, then don’t make an order. Also a much more sufficiant way to do things for both the buyer and the seller is to ask for a custom quote and just list exactly what you are looking for. Doing that will avoid confusion on both parts as well as get the buyer an exact quote on what it will cost as well as what they are getting.

Archived