You Should Add Fiverr to your CV :) ๐Ÿ˜‰

anamariaedan

Hello guys! ๐Ÿ™‚

I just wanted to share my experience in order to help others who are confused about whether Fiverr experience should be added to your CV or not. I recently got hired into a multinational company in the field of digital marketing precisely thanks to my work on Fiverr. The hiring managers were blown away by the fact that I managed to gain experience by working online with people from all over the world. Even more, dealing with difficult situations is one of the strongest point that Fiverr can add to your resume.

If you are from a small country like me and do not have enough experience after college to get hired on a good position, try using Fiverr as a tool to lift up your CV, make it unique from all others and get that job! <3 It does not work in any domain (obviously).

Hereโ€™s how I presented Fiverr:
(This is just my example based on what I did)

• Receive and process orders from online customers;
  • Correspond with online customers via electronic messaging, informing them about the process of their order, addressing questions or confirming the completion of the delivery;
  • Establish and maintain working relationships with customers;
  • Negotiate, understand customerโ€™s needs and persuade him/her to purchase the service;
  • Determine and set service prices, delivery time frames, and requirements;
  • Create descriptions, images or explanatory videos of each online service offered;
  • Process information and make decisions regarding any issue in order to find the adequate solution and solve the problem;
  • Resolve conflicts by handling complaints or disputes;
  • Coach and help other sellers to optimize and promote their services;
  • Assist buyers with finding the appropriate sellers according to their needs;
  • Maintain a working relationship with other sellers by communicating, sharing experiences and mutual help.

DO NOT COPY IT, FORM YOUR OWN WITH YOUR OWN WORDS.

Iโ€™ve always been afraid of using Fiverr on my CV thinking that people from my country (what were the odds for it to be the same country as yours? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ) will not understand much or would think โ€œoh, so basically youโ€™ve been lazy all those 7 years in front of your computerโ€ ๐Ÿ˜•

You know well how employers in here seek years of actual experience even if weโ€™re fresh out of college ๐Ÿ˜’

So thank you for sharing your experience and success, it means a lot!

I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going to happen in my country India. But still I will show this for the gap time between college end and post grad or job start. Something has to be there , otherwise here authorities just plain look down upon you if you donโ€™t have anything to show. Any views on this will help me a lotโ€ฆ

I donโ€™t know whatโ€™s going to happen in my country India. But still I will show this for the gap time between college end and post grad or job start. Something has to be there , otherwise here authorities just plain look down upon you if you donโ€™t have anything to show. Any views on this will help me a lotโ€ฆ

But still I will show this

Just make sure to not copy it, and instead put it in your own words ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™ve always been afraid of using Fiverr on my CV thinking that people from my country (what were the odds for it to be the same country as yours? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ) will not understand much or would think โ€œoh, so basically youโ€™ve been lazy all those 7 years in front of your computerโ€ ๐Ÿ˜•

You know well how employers in here seek years of actual experience even if weโ€™re fresh out of college ๐Ÿ˜’

So thank you for sharing your experience and success, it means a lot!

@woofy31 Thatโ€™s exactly what I thought, so when I applied for this position I only wrote Independent Contractor for Internet Sales but during the interview, I had to mention the name of the website and they were thrilled! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@kevinfrederick Freelancing shows a great deal of discipline because it cannot be handled properly by everyone. With Fiverr, we can direct them to our profile and prove that our words do have a base and they are not just lies. I think it is also important to know how to โ€˜โ€˜sell yourselfโ€™โ€™ when describing the work you do/did on Fiverr. Always optimise your CV to match the skills/abilities required for the position. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I forgot to add that you can say that you chose to be a freelancer in order to gain experience first and learn how people work all over the world. You can say that Fiverr gave you the opportunity to further develop your skills and practice what you leart in college, therefore preparing your for your next job.๐Ÿ™‚

@anamariaedan I put a like to the tips. I wish if I could show you that I bookmarked them too. ๐Ÿ˜‰

What do you think employers mainly appreciate a person for saying freelancing on the CV? Let me know your views on that too.

@kevinfrederick Thatโ€™s really nice of you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well, I guess it depends on the kind of position you would apply for. In my case, when applying for a position in the field of digital marketing, I already knew that I would work on a global scale within the company, therefore I had to really emphasize on the fact that I learned how to adapt to each personโ€™s business style, manner of speaking and what is considered professional universally, not just in my country. My current job is highly similar to what I did on Fiverr regarding communicating with people constantly, negotiating, establishing working relationships, solving problems, etc.

Your experience as a freelancer will show that you are great at individual work, therefore you will not be dependent on someone else. However, you should also emphasize that working in a team is something youโ€™d like and thatโ€™s why you are eager to find a job within a company where you can develop both professionally and personally by learning from your colleagues.

Furthermore, you can say that being a freelancer helped you learn how to work with deadlines and difficult requests. As a freelancer you basically have a small business, but you do everything for yourself. From setting up your gigs and promoting them, to handling clients and working on orders in the same time. Being a freelancer on Fiverr taught you that in order to achieve great things you have to put all your efforts into understanding the clientsโ€™ needs and really invest everything in your power to build strong relationships.

On a large scale, I think these are the strongest points of working on Fiverr which would seem really appealing to hiring managers. Of course your gigs matter too, so donโ€™t forget to also include information about them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Depends allot of where your from. In my corner of the world fiverr only made headlines twice and both were really negative. I used to tell people i also work on fiverr but after a long term client (+20 years) dumped me for being affiliated with fiverr i just kept fiverr a secret.

Depends allot of where your from. In my corner of the world fiverr only made headlines twice and both were really negative. I used to tell people i also work on fiverr but after a long term client (+20 years) dumped me for being affiliated with fiverr i just kept fiverr a secret.

Yup. It also depends on the field of work. If you are a lawyer, for example, Fiverr would definitely not benefit your CV. ๐Ÿ˜„

I donโ€™t think adding fiverr experience to resume will help to get the better opportunity here in India .

It will not hurt him to try. For example, I only applied to one single job to see if Fiverr would help or not and I got it. He could try it with one position first and see how it goes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I donโ€™t think adding fiverr experience to resume will help to get the better opportunity here in India .

Mentioning Fiverr might not be good idea but it would definitely not hurt to mention the freelance experience.

People have mixed opinions about fiverr - some like it, some donโ€™t and wellโ€ฆ some donโ€™t even know about it.

I feel it would be better to mention that you worked as Independent Designer/Engineer for private companies (if you have) and also on online marketplaces.

If you are working full-time, it would be better to write about the different types of services you offered, types of projects you worked on, new technologies you used (if your work is technical) and what skills you gained during your freelance work. Most recruiters do not care about where you come from, they are more interested about the skills you have and how they will help the company. Skills gained will always be more important than where you gained it.

A recruiter may be skeptical of your freelance work if you just mention it to fill a gap between two works when you have nothing to show for it and also some recruiters may think you must spend almost 70-80% of time looking for job (if they donโ€™t know about fiverr) that is where your 200-300 projects will rescue you if you mention them.

I would not advise you to write the companies youโ€™ve worked with if your work with them is confidential.

It may not apply to all categories.

Mentioning Fiverr might not be good idea but it would definitely not hurt to mention the freelance experience.

People have mixed opinions about fiverr - some like it, some donโ€™t and wellโ€ฆ some donโ€™t even know about it.

I feel it would be better to mention that you worked as Independent Designer/Engineer for private companies (if you have) and also on online marketplaces.

If you are working full-time, it would be better to write about the different types of services you offered, types of projects you worked on, new technologies you used (if your work is technical) and what skills you gained during your freelance work. Most recruiters do not care about where you come from, they are more interested about the skills you have and how they will help the company. Skills gained will always be more important than where you gained it.

A recruiter may be skeptical of your freelance work if you just mention it to fill a gap between two works when you have nothing to show for it and also some recruiters may think you must spend almost 70-80% of time looking for job (if they donโ€™t know about fiverr) that is where your 200-300 projects will rescue you if you mention them.

I would not advise you to write the companies youโ€™ve worked with if your work with them is confidential.

It may not apply to all categories.

@sanverma96 @anamariaedan โ€ฆI am saying this because i have experienced thisโ€ฆI tried to show fiverr profile as a portfolio to many recruiters hereโ€ฆbut as in India , fiverr is not much recognized so recruiters here does not give a damn about it.

If you are working full-time, it would be better to write about the different types of services you offered, types of projects you worked on, new technologies you used (if your work is technical) and what skills you gained during your freelance work.

I agree recruiter just look to my services but they take practical interview for that instead of believing me based on the fiverr portfolio and i know it is nothing to do with where i come.

It will not hurt him to try. For example, I only applied to one single job to see if Fiverr would help or not and I got it. He could try it with one position first and see how it goes.

Also i would like to say there is nothing wrong in adding Fiverr profile to your resume as an experience and me too add it to my resume, the only thing i want to clear that it does not make much impact to your portfolio when you look for the job here in India.

Archived